Arlington VA Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home has been providing Arlington VA corporate housing for over a decade. Our clients include all branches of the military, numerous government institutions, traveling medical personnel, and many others. Ask us today about getting a custom quote on an Arlington VA furnished apartment.
Info on Arlington VA
Are you new to the area or thinking about moving here or visiting for a short term stay? Almost Home Corporate Housing offers the following area information for the benefit of our potential Arlington VA corporate housing clients.
Arlington VA temporary housing residents in the area for business will find the business environment very positive. Its proximity to Washington D.C. makes it a natural solution to those wanting to be in close proximity to the administration of the country. The largest source of income for the workforce here is the Federal Government, who directly employs more than 17% of the county’s population. Many of the extended departments of the government like DARPA, DEA and even the DOD are housed in Arlington. The next strata of employers, not directly related to government, are the companies that serve and provide services to the Federal Government. Examples would be defense contractors like Boeing or companies that serve the population that work for the government, like Arlington Asset Investment.
Arlington VA corporate apartment residents are living in an area with a very intricate and rich history. Arlington traces its illustrious heritage to the Washington and Lee families, two names that have come to symbolize profound character. It was originally bestowed by the British monarchy to Thomas Fairfax, namesake of Fairfax county and city, part of which once included Arlington county. Arlington gets its name from Henry Bennet, the Earl of Arlington, whose name was on the land adjacent to the Potomac. In 1802, George Washington Parke Custis, Martha Washington's grandson, purchased this land. The entire estate was passed down until it found its way to Mary Anna Custis Lee, General Robert E Lee's wife.Finally, in 1870, the City of Alexandria was separated from the County of Alexandria. Because of the confusion between the names that ensued, the county was renamed in 1920 to its present name, Arlington County.
Arlington corporate housing clients, if they are in the area long enough, will enjoy four distinct seasons, with temperate summers reaching a high of 89°F in July, followed by a Fall that ranges between 50 and 70°. Winters start mild and get cold, reaching the lowest point of approximately 36° in January. Spring temperatures resemble Fall's. May showers are the heaviest while January and February have the greatest snowfall.
Places to Eat in Arlington
Take a break from cooking in your furnished apartment and enjoy any one of these fabulous restaurants that Almost Home recommends:
- The Liberty Tavern on Wilson Blvd: This is a restaurant that is always coming up with fresh ideas. The menu constantly changes to get fresh flavors out.
- Willow Restaurant on Fairfax Dr: Great food served in wonderful ambiance. It's decently priced with friendly wait staff. Try the duck flatbread. The wine selection is pretty extensive.
- El Pollo Rico on N Kenmore St.: This is a clean restaurant, with fantastic service and cheerful atmosphere. The portions are generous and the food is made with fresh ingredients.
- Tallula & EatBar on Washington Blvd.: If you are in to value, this is the place to be. Great value, huge serving portions, and fantastic flavors. The servers here are great and the place is clean. There isn't anything else you can ask for here.
- Rustico Restaurant & Bar on Wilson Blvd.: Enjoy a rocking crowd, great cocktails and wide selection of beer and wines. The Crispy Pork Benedict goes serenely well with the Mimosa.
Things to do in Arlington
- Museums: You could start with Arlington Arts Center on Wilson Blvd, or Black Heritage Museum on Columbia Pike. Another option to consider is the Arlington Planetarium on N Quincy St.
- Performing Arts: The Signature Theater on Campbell Ave is a spectacular local favorite. Its seating, acoustics and decor are all part of a great experience.
- Shopping: You can choose between one of two malls: Fashion Center at Pentagon City and Ballston Common Mall on Wilson Blvd. Both have all the conveniences and entertainment in addition to the retail that one would look for in a mall.
- Golf: A few places you can hit the links here include the Washington Golf and Country Club on N Glebe Rd. Another great place is the Army Navy Country Club on Army Navy Dr.
- Parks and Recreation: The Arlington Department of Parks and Recreation manages a number of parks around the city. This includes Barcroft Park on S Four Mile Run Dr, Long Branch Nature Center on S Carlin Springs Rd and Potomac Overlook Park on N Marcey Rd.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Arlington area including Ballston, Clarendon, Crystal City, Pentagon City, Rosslyn, Annandale, Mt. Vernon, Herndon, Reston, Tysons Corner, Falls Church, Annandale and Fort Belvoir.
Request a Quote