Back Bay Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect ChoiceToday's Back Bay is a modern version of history with wealthy enclaves and expensive shopping lining the streets of Back Bay. Commonwealth Avenue is one of the most popular streets in Boston and there is a large retail presence here, from malls and shops in the Prudential Center and Copley Square to expensive boutiques along Newbury St.As a tourist destination, Back Bay is one of Boston's critical economic drivers that generates significant tourism and businesses from its proximity to Boston and neighboring Cambridge as well.
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Back Bay, MA corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Back Bay Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Back Bay and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Back Bay, MA for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Boston’s Back Bay is a mixed neighborhood that supports significant residential, business, commercial and corporate activity. The area was carefully planned in the early days and it was designed to attract wealthy emigrants and business to the area. Good schools were part of the plan to bring academically inclined parents to the area which was characterized 150 years ago by the mansions and character of wealth.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Back Bay, MA furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Back Bay enjoys mild spring temperatures between highs of 45°F in March to highs of 66° in May. Summers are warm and comfortable with temperatures reaching 82° in July. Fall averages 61° in October and cools down to lows of 38° in November. Winter stretches from December to February with January being the coldest month. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Back Bay, MA corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Back Bay, MA corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Back Bay’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.Back Bay is named so because it originally was a tidal bay along the Charles River. It stands between downtown Boston and Cambridge, lying just across the River. The river used to rise and fall with the tides and at low tide, the marshy river bed would be exposed. That no longer happens today as the water levels are controlled downriver.A mill dam was envisioned and work began in 1814. This plan included a huge amount of stone work and dredging in the Back Bay area. Much of the area was either dug up or filled with stone. However the project was a failure and much of the digging that was done was filled up and it was decided that the area would be made converted to usable land. Roads and rail lines were built to bring in gravel to fill in the dam and by 1882 most of the area had been filled by rail cars and carriages that had traversed what is today's Commonwealth Avenue. Everything that was part of the dam at that time, remains under present day Kenmore Square. The dam itself and what was left of it is currently under Beacon Street.
Places to Eat Near Back Bay Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Back Bay, MA furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- L'Espalier on Boylston St: L'Esplaier is an expensive, upscale and classy restaurant that usually requires reservations to get in, especially on Friday nights. Patrons are usually dressed in their evening best. The bar is well stocked with domestic and international wines and spirits. The food here is well prepared, fresh and tastefully presented. It is a quiet restaurant and each table has its privacy.
- The Capital Grille on Boylston St: This steakhouse is expensive and upscale. Most patrons are well dressed. The food is elegantly presented and the recipes are cutting edge in terms of taste and ingredients. There is convenient parking as well as a valet service. It's also convenient to take the train, if so use the Green Line. Try the Kona Crusted Sirloin.
- Giacomo's on Columbus Ave.: Take the Green line or the Orange to Back Bay Station. This restaurant is open every day and is designed as a casual dining experience serving fine Italian cuisine. The prices are fairly affordable and the servers are friendly and helpful. The bar only serves beer and wine. Try the Fra Diavolo and the Pumpkin Tortellini.
- Flour Bakery and Cafe on Clarendon St: This place is designed around a cup of coffee or tea. The bakery here serves delicious bread and scones and other pastries. Locals here also come in for the Egg Breakfast Sandwich and the Sticky Buns.
- The Atlantic Fish Company on Boylston St: The best night to come to this seafood restaurant is on Thursday and Friday nights. The bar is usually packed and the people come here to have a good meal and party for the rest of the evening. They close at midnight on Fridays and Saturdays. The Pan Seared Sea Bass is popular. Try the Clam Chowder.
Things to do in Back Bay
Stepping out of your Back Bay, MA temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Back Bay, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Back Bay, MA that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: Mary Baker Eddy is a prolific writer and icon of the early 20th century. Her works are exhibited and explained here at the Library and the various exhibitions that celebrate her life and struggles. It also exhibits ideas and boundaries constantly inspiring those who visit with a unique sense of responsibility to humanity.
- Theater: The Berklee Performance Center is a part of the Berklee College of Music. The performances here are predominantly produced by students of the various departments and visiting performances like international star Nana Mouskouri constantly headline events.
- Golf: Fresh Pond Golf Course is a simple 9-hole course set amidst greens and lakes. The fairways are deceptively challenging and the bunkers are strategically placed to elevate the game. The course is spectacular in the fall.
- Parks: The Charles River Bike Path along the River is a fabulous way to spend the evening or a Sunday morning. The 14-mile loop begins at the Boston Museum of Science and passes most of the bridges that cross the Charles River.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Back Bay area including Downtown Boston, Cambridge, Massachusetts Institute of Tech., and South Boston.
Request a Quote