Bakersfield Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Bakersfield, CA corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote fitted just for you in your desired area of the city.
Bakersfield Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Bakersfield and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Bakersfield, CA for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Bakersfield's economy is driven largely by agriculture, being part of the extremely productive San Joaquin Valley. Here some of the higher end crops are cultivated and shipped for domestic and international consumption. The produce here includes grapes, almonds, alfalfa, and roses.Aside from the established industries, Bakersfield also has a maturing manufacturing and distribution industry that complements its agricultural sector. The distribution facility is a direct consequence of the agriculture industry. The one area that offers respite in terms of costs is the land costs in Bakersfield that is still lower than most other US areas of comparable activity. This is temporary, as the lower costs have begun to attract a large emigration of companies will soon create a demand that the present supply would not be able to meet at these prices.The proximity of Bakersfield to Los Angeles makes it an ideal place for transportation companies to set up as they manage their distribution businesses.
Knowing what to wear when going out of your Bakersfield, CA furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate at a given time of the year. Bakersfield experiences long hot summers that swelter between 83º in May to a high of 97º in July and down to 90º in September. Precipitation is highest during the cooler months of December and January. Fall temperatures average a high of 79° in October, then continue to cool down to lows of 39° in December and January. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Bakersfield, CA corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Bakersfield, CA corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Bakersfield’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.The area was originally inhabited by a tribe called the Yokults. They lived in lodges and farmed the land prior to the arrival of the Europeans. They congregated primarily along the Kern River Delta for farming and hunted the animals that came to the water including bear, antelope and deer. They also fished from the rivers.The Spanish arrived in the area next, led by Father Francisco Garces in 1776. However, the area was largely inaccessible and, fortunately for the Yokults, was left untouched for most of the time. It wasn't until the Mexican independence that Mexicans start to enter the area. Once gold was found in the valleys surrounding the Kern River, mass immigration began and resulted in the Yokults being displaced. Eventually oil was also discovered and the two attracted tremendous interest in the area that is no Bakersfield.The city was officially incorporated in 1873 and became the county seat the following year. It was however incorporated in 1876 and was managed by a citizen's council for the next two decades after that. Population growth here was staggering. From under a thousand people in 1880, it grew to almost 3000 a decade later. Most of the new immigrants that arrived from eastern states were employed in the oil industry.
Places to Eat Near Bakersfield Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Bakersfield, CA furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making baking and cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Cope's Knotty Pine Cafe on Norris Rd.: Cope's specializes in a wide assortment of steaks and gravy. That is what they are popular for. Try the Steak and Country Potatoes or replace it with the hash browns. They are open from breakfast to lunch daily and accept credit cards.
- J's Place on Calloway Drive: J's is a Southern restaurant serving soul food and barbecue dishes. It has an authentic feel to it and even serve sumptuous desserts to round out a heavy southern meal. Try the Peach Cobbler.
- Cuban Cafe on S Chester Ave.: cuban Cafe is an inexpensive lunch solution that serves up meals for less than $10. They are open from 11.30 am to 8pm daily and serve items like black beans, plantains and Bistec Encebollado. They do not serve alcohol. There is outside dining in addition to the dining hall inside.
- Zaika Indian Cuisine on Ming Ave: Zaika serves authentic Indian dishes and has an extensive vegetarian menu. If you need it to be vegan, they will oblige. The lunch buffet is extensive with a number of Indian favorites, while the appetizer menu is also fairly extensive. Try the Samosa and the Garlic Naan.
- Athena's Greek Cafe and Bakery on Flushing Quail Rd.: Athena's is a polished Greek bakery and restaurant that serves a slightly higher end Greek cuisine than the typical diner. They are open for lunch at 11 am every day and close after dinner at 8pm. They are closed only on Sundays.
Things to Do in Bakersfield
Going out of your Bakersfield, CA temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Bakersfield, CA that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Contact us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: Buena Vista Museum of Natural Historyis an interactive museum that showcases artifacts depicting the natural history of the area and the world in general. It is a great place for kids and adults. They are located on Chester Ave.
- Performing Arts Theater: This theater located on H Street is a great source of entertainment featuring a full schedule throughout the year. From performances by the Glenn Miller Orchestra, Brian Regan Stand Up comedy, and even musicals like Menopause there is a lot to do here.
- Shopping Mall: The Valley Plaza located on Ming Avenue has all the usual stores and entertainment one would expect. They are anchored by JCPenney, XXI, Target, Macy's and Sears.
Request a Quote
Attractions While Staying in Bakersfield Corporate Housing
If you are going to be using corporate housing in Bakersfield, CA for any length of time, you will probably wish to doing a little exploring. Get settled in, but once that is done, you may want look for some information on things you can do in the Bakersfield area for fun, relaxation, and entertainment.Bakersfield is within Kern County. The county has a great museum that is a fun place to visit. There are examples of historic buildings that show how life in Bakersfield has been from the days of the first settlers to the present. Most interesting is the settlers log cabin and a fully outfitted 1936 station for gas that early vehicles in Bakersfield used. There is also an exhibit showing an early Bakersfield jail and a traditional one-room schoolhouse. The ladies in your family will enjoy the Victorian style historic home exhibits too.For your children there is a Children's Discovery Center that is a fun and busy place. When you visit, check their calendar because they have special events for children, and the family, throughout the year.Bakersfield has the Rabobank Arena that is the venue for events all year long in sports, music concerts and even circus shows. The Fox Theater in downtown Bakersfield features music concerts and standup comedy shows too.There are many great ethnic restaurants to try in Bakersfield, which surprises many residents and visitors alike. You can sample Basque, Greek, Tex-Mex, North and South Indian and Scottish fare any time you like.For day trips, you go east to the Kern River and Isabella lake area for fishing, camping and all types of boating. There is also skiing at Alta Sierra in the wintertime.So once your family is settled in your corporate housing in Bakersfield, CA start to explore and experience the fun things to do in the area for yourself and your family.