Boulder Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Boulder, CO corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Boulder Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Boulder and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Boulder, CO for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Boulder is a large metropolitan city that has multiple industries serving as its economic base. At the center of this economic model is the University of Colorado, which employs more than 7,000. Additionally, the University has numerous academic programs and research activities that give rise to a significantly diverse population that descend on to the city. The student faculty and staff populations give rise to significant service industry that house themselves in and around the campus area.The University's research facilities also promote entrepreneurial activities and research based organizations. Some of the country's aviation and aerospace industry participants are located here for this very purpose. Companies like Ball Aerospace, Level 3 Communications, Lockheed Martin and Qualcomm have offices here for that purpose.Another area of economic activity includes high tech companies serving the information technology sectors and the medical sectors. Companies like Google, Microsoft, Markit and Cisco are just some of the information technology companies here, while Amgen, Medtronic and Array Biopharma represent the biotechnology sector of Boulder.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Boulder, CO furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Boulder sits 5000 feet atop the intersection of the Rocky Mountains and the Great Plains giving the city a cool and dry climate. Spring is mild with temperatures ranging from lows of 33°F in April to highs of 72° in May. Aided by the Chinook winds, summers are warm and dry, reaching a high of 87° in July, while fall's high rests at 77° in September to lows of 37° in October. Winter stretches from November to March, with the coldest of 19° occurring in January. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Boulder, CO corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Boulder, CO corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Boulder’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.The history of Boulder is intertwined with the growth of the University of Colorado which opened its doors in 1877. Its strategic location just north of Denver, and its geography of being at the base of the Rocky Mountains, served as an ideal location to develop an academic setting. The University has grown since the late 19th century and, along with it, driven the growth and expansion of Boulder, whose fate has been tied to the development of the University.In the early 20th century, the state passed its version of prohibition laws, in the form of anti-saloon laws. A decade later, prohibition had spread across the state. The prohibition laws ended at the same time the National Prohibition was repealed in the early 1930's.In the mid 20th century, Boulder became an icon of liberal thinking, with the prevalence of the hippy movement. The University of Colorado was the center of this movement and witnessed the growth of this 60s phenomenon.
Places to Eat Near Boulder Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Boulder, CO furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Mediterranean Restaurant on Walnut St: An authentic blend of Mediterranean dishes ranging from Greek influences to Italian flavors fills the menu at this comfortable restaurant. The environment is clean and the staff is friendly. Sunday lunch is usually a packed affair, but weekdays aren't.
- Abo's on the Hill on 13th St: Abo's is famous for its friendly service and quick turnarounds. They use ingredients that are noticeably fresh, especially the salads and the entrees. Desserts are on the sweet side. The bar is well suited for the menu but not extensive. Prices are well within range and worth the experience.
- Arabesque on Walnut St: Arabesque brings the southern half of the Mediterranean to Boulder. It features Moroccan and Arabic fare that is dry and strongly spiced. The tastes vary vividly from the Greek and Italian tastes of the Mediterranean, with lamb as the main meat and grain as the main staple.
- Flagstaff House Restaurant on Flagstaff Rd: Straightforward and typical American fare served in a busy yet casual environment. Large portions with fair prices characterize the establishment. Friendly waiters who are trained well and accommodate guests make it a pleasant experience.
- Frasca Food & Wine on Pearl St: Slightly upscale in terms of its decor, but not as pricey. The menu here is designed for a special occasion, but does well for casual dining. The entree menu is a combination of meats and fish, leaning more towards pastas and grilled items. The wine selection is better than most places in town and is the main differentiating factor.
Things to do in Boulder
Stepping out of your Boulder, CO temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Boulder, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Boulder, CO that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: The Boulder History Museum on Euclid Ave is the best place to learn about the unique history of Boulder and Colorado. The exhibits here include natural history as well as the various technological breakthroughs in building the city and maintaining it over the years.
- Theater: The Boulder Theater is a Dinner theater that presents good food during a performance. Performances here range from local productions by talented actors, or by visiting companies. Performances here include shows like Hello Dolly to the Boulder Symphony Orchestra and the Boulder ballet.
- Shopping: The Pearl St Mall is a shopping experience within unique shopping environment. There are significant number of stores and eateries that line the street rather than reside within an enclosed mall. The street spans a number of city blocks and include places like American Apparel, 15 St. Studio, Gypsy Wool, Island farm and many more.
- Golf: Indian Peaks Golf Course on Niwot Rd is an 18-hole championship course with over 80 bunkers, 7 lakes and two creeks that wind along the fairways, making this a picturesque course set against the mountains on the horizon.
- Parks: There are a number of parks that take advantage of the clean air in Boulder. One of the better ones is Scott Carpenter Park located on 30th and Arapahoe. It is a clean park with shady trees and open grounds that provide visitors with a majestic view of the flat irons.
Request a Quote