Cleveland Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Cleveland, OH corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Cleveland Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Cleveland and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Cleveland, OH for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Cleveland has its history of economic development rooted in heavy industry like steel and manufacturing. However, they have successfully diversified their economic engine and now, together with manufacturing, have included technology and healthcare. This has positively impacted the city's stability and has helped in turning the city around after the Great Recession.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Cleveland, OH furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Cleveland enjoys four distinct seasons influenced by the Great Lakes. Summers are classified as warm and humid with temperatures peaking at 82.6°F in July, yet remaining comfortable in lows of 64.3° during the peak of the season. In the fall, temperatures cool down to lows of 56 in September then lows of 45 in October. Days are cool with temperatures in the 60s. Winter is characterized by temperatures in the 20s in December and descending further to the season's low of 21.7°F in January before warming up to spring in March with temperatures of 46° in March. Cleveland receives 18 inches of snow in January. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Cleveland, OH corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Cleveland, OH corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Cleveland’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.Cleveland is named after General Moses Cleaveland, who was the head of the Connecticut Land Company. The Connecticut Land Company surveyed and platted the land in the area that is now Cleveland. Cleaveland, note the difference in spelling, was the one who personally oversaw the design and planning of the downtown area. After planning, and construction, the area was open to emigration and eventually saw its incorporation in 1814.Cleveland became a transportation hub, as well as a center for manufacturing in the late 1800s; and it contributed much to the city's prosperity and growth. All this was owed to its ideal location along the lake and the Cuyahoga River. It served as a shipping hub for iron ore and coal. It was such an important location in the manufacturing capability of the United States that John Rockefeller first set up Standard Oil here in 1870.Cleveland was the site of the Hough Riots during the Civil Rights Movement and gained much of its notoriety and prominence with respect to civil rights at that time. It was further thrust into the news with the Glenville Shootout that happened in 1968.
Places to Eat Near Cleveland Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Cleveland, OH furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Blue Point Grille on W St Claire Ave: Blue Point is an upscale restaurant that serves ingenious recipes of comfort food mixed with luxury, like their lobster with mashed potatoes. One of their other popular seafood items here are the scallops. The dessert menu has a number of favorites including Torte and Key Lime Pie.
- Hodge's on Euclid Ave: Hodge's is a burger and fries kind of place with an easy going atmosphere and a friendly, but trendy ambience. It's not a great place to bring the kids but works well for groups. There is a valet to park cars and a full bar that caters to most exotic cocktail requests.
- Luca Italian Cuisine on Superior Viaduct: Luca's is an authentic Italian restaurant specializing in good food and friendly service. They have a wine list that complements the Italian menu, be it red meat dishes or seafood. The waiters are thoroughly knowledgeable about the ingredients of each dish and have a good understanding of pairing wine with food.
- Barroco Grill on W 6th St: Barroco's is an authentic Colombian restaurant that goes to the trouble of refining the tastes to suit every palette. The prices are inexpensive and the portions are large, making this place a great value when it comes to lunch and dinner. There is no alcohol here but there is WiFi free for patrons.
- Tea House Noodles on E 6th St: Tea House is an Asian fusion restaurant that introduces authentic Chinese cooking to modern techniques and western recipes. The result is an explosion of flavors. Prices are highly affordable and they offer take-out in addition to delivery and waiter service. There is free WiFi in the dining area.
Things to do in Cleveland
Stepping out of your Cleveland, OH temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Cleveland, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Cleveland, OH that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: The Cleveland Museum of Natural History is located on University Circle and features a full range of historic artifacts ranging from politics, to archeology and science. There are stories on exploration, evolution and architecture as well as the science of animals and technology.
- Theater: The Ohio Theater on Euclid Ave is a versatile theater featuring a wide range of performances from stand up comedy to musicals. They specialize in orchestral and operatic performances and musicals. Some of the headliners who have been featured here include Benny Goodman and Ozzie Nelson. The theater first opened on Valentine's day in 1921.
- Golf: The Seneca Golf Course first opened in 1940. It is located on the Brecksville Reservation on Valley Parkway. It has two 18-hole courses that nestle up to the side of gentle hills giving the course natural terrain challenges and scenic views amidst virgin forests. Golfing legends, the likes of Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus, used to play here.
- Parks: There are a few award winning Mountain Biking trails in Cleveland. One of them is the Mill Stream Run that has a purpose built track for mountain biking. It holds 8.9 miles of paved trail that allows walking and in line skating in addition to the bike trails. Motorized vehicles are prohibited though. The trails vary in gradient and foliage offering densely wooded area in some spots and steep valleys in others.
Request a Quote