Columbia MO Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Columbia MO corporate housing is the perfect choice for anyone needing a spacious, homey, residence without having to hassle with moving furniture, hooking up utilities, or purchasing house wares. Let one of Almost Home’s housing specialists provide you with a quote on a furnished apartment in Columbia MO that will be fitted to your own unique needs. We serve the entire Columbia area including Fayette, Ashland, Fulton, Marion and Boonville.
Almost Home offers the following short description of Columbia MO for the benefit if our residents and future clients.
Summary Information about Columbia, MO
Be sure to step out of your Columbia MO corporate apartment and enjoy a little of the outdoors. In terms of climate, Columbia enjoys four distinct seasons annually. Summers see warm temperatures in the high 80s. While the spring and fall hover around in the 50s. The coolest months are between November and March, when the temperatures and between the 20s and 30s. Precipitation averages 110 inches, annually.
Business in Columbia MO
Columbia's economy stands on three pillars: education, healthcare, and insurance. The University of Missouri, located in Columbia, is the city's largest employer. It is the engine that drives the ancillary businesses and services that sprout to serve and provide for the campus population. As for production, Columbia's Gross Metropolitan Product stands at approximately $6 billion.
What You Would Not Expect in Columbia MO: Music Industry
Columbia's music scene is budding with new sounds and a progressive scene. Most of these gigs seem to sprout from campus start ups then take on a life of their own. Numerous Indie bands started in Columbia in the same way. Country music is also a genre that flourishes well here.
Columbia has a mixed allegiance when it comes to sports franchises. Some in town are partial to Kansas City while others look to St Louis. This makes things interesting when the two franchises face each other.
Places to Eat in Columbia
- Curries Kitchen: Curries Kitchen offers a little taste of India and Nepal, two different countries that offer different interpretations of the same spices and herbs. Try the Goat Curry. You won't get enough of it and you will keep coming back for more. Although Almost Home’s Columbia MO temporary housing provides fully equipped kitchens, Indian food is likely not something you will venture your hand at. Give Curries Kitchen a try.
- Sophia's on South Providence Rd: This is a simple but authentic Italian restaurant. The setting is comfortable with the typical Italian white gracing the wall of a trattoria in Naples. The lunch menu is filled with things like Fried Calamari Fritti and Gruyere Baked Mushrooms and Pancetta Salad. Also worth trying are the Baked Italian Meatballs and Local Caprese and Fillet Porto.
- Flat Branch Pub & Brewing on South Fifth St.: For those who enjoy the taste of expertly brewed beer and tasty food, this is the place for them. There are several different beers on tap here. Try the Strawberry Ale and the Green Chilli Beer, as well as the Golden Lager. For food, try the daily specials, which will surprise you; and the pizza goes great with the beer.
- Addison's on Cherry St.: food here is cooked to perfection. Some interesting options are the Theor Jalapeno Smothered Pork Chop and the Diablo Shrimp Pasta. Those might become your favorites very quickly.
- Geisha Sushi Bar on 804 E Broadway: Everything here is meticulously prepared and tastefully presented. The Squid Tempura is interesting and the Monkey Brain is an odd but good option. The Spicy Seafood is superb and the House Geisha Ichi is sublime.
Things to Do While Staying in Columbia MO Corporate Housing
Museums: The Museum of Art and Archaeology on Pickard Hall is a great choice for museum buffs. Their permanent collection is worth some time and they also have rotating exhibits that are fantastic. There are other museums too, like the Walters-Boone County Museum on Ponderosa St. and The State Historical Society of Missouri on Lowry St and Artlandish Gallery on E Walnut St.
Performing Arts: Magnificent on-stage performances and productions are found at theaters like Columbia Performing Arts Center on N Cedar Lake Dr E.
Malls: You will find almost anything you need at Columbia Mall on Bernadette Dr.
Golf: Getting out, for a round of golf, is one of the best ways to keep your spirits up. Some local courses include L.A. Nickell Golf Course on Parkside Dr. or Lake of Woods Golf Course on St Charles Rd. There is also the Perche Creek Golf Club on W Van Horne Tavern Rd.
Parks and Recreation: There are a number of parks in Columbia that will prove to be a lot of fun and a great way to work out. Venture out of your Columbia MO furnished apartment and take in the great outdoors. They offer numerous activities during different times of the year. You can try the Grindstone Nature Area on Old 63 South or the Cosmo Park on Business Loop 70.
Request a Quote