Columbus OH Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
In terms of technology, it is one of the country's fastest growing technology centers. Forbes has even ranked it as the Number One most up and coming technological city. Technology has played prominently in the city's history with the Ohio Supercomputer Center in operation here since the late 80s.
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Columbus, OH corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Columbus Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Columbus and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive
Those staying in corporate housing in Columbus, OH for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. The Columbus economy is diversified upon a platform of defense, energy, medical research and aviation. The significance of these old world industries provides a stable, yet retracting ground, in an economy that is looking for advances in technology and knowledge based industries. Companies such as DFAS, the Defense Finance and Accounting Services are located here and there is a DoD Supply Center as well, giving rise to Federal Government Spending in the area.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Columbus, OH furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Columbus enjoys four distinct seasons influenced by its location in the plains. Summers are classified as warm and humid with temperatures peaking at 85°F in July, and lows in the 60s. In the fall, temperatures cool down to lows of 57°F in September then lows in the 40s in October. Days are cool with temperatures in the 60s. Winter is characterized by temperatures in the 20s in December and extending to February, before warming up to spring in March with temperatures of 51°. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Columbus, OH corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Columbus, OH corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Columbus’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.
This area was referred to as Ohio Country prior to taking on the name Columbus. It was originally controlled by the French and was a flash point between the Europeans and the native tribes. There was significant presence of tribes here including the Shawnee and Delaware, in addition to the Miami and the Mingo. These tribes were significant in the fur trade and were found facilitating and taking part in the fur trade with the Europeans.
Expansion by the United States of America, just after the victory of the Revolution, was constantly opposed by the tribes in the western frontier, in cities like Columbus. Battles were constantly erupting along the frontier and it was finally resolved in the Treaty of Greenville. The treaty resulted in peace and opened the area for new settlements in the area.
Places to Eat Near Columbus Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Columbus, OH furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Northstar Cafe on N High St: Northstar is a vegetarian restaurant that specializes in lunch and dinner. The food here is always freshly prepared using choice ingredients. They can accommodate vegan meals as well. The restaurant is open everyday till 10pm. The staff are casual and friendly and the environment is clean. Try the Buddha Bowl of Tofu.
- Bono Pizza on Northwest Blvd: Bono's is a brick oven - wood fired pizza restaurant that specializes in authentic Italian pizza recipes. Their pizzas are average in size but priced cheap. There is no delivery, but they do have take-out. It's a casual environment almost like a dive. There is a private parking lot for patrons and it works well for small groups and families. Try the San Rolando. This place does not accept credit cards.
- Skillet on E Whittier St: Skillet is a traditional American restaurant that specializes in greasy spoon breakfasts and brunch items. They are on the pricey side of dining when it comes to greasy items but the service, quality of food and offerings make up for it. Try the Grilled Cinnamon Roll and the Sausage Gravy with Biscuits. The restaurant is small and they don't take reservations.
- El Arepazo Latin Grill on N Pearl St: Arepazo is a Latin American restaurant that specializes in salads and Mexican finger food. They are open everyday till late afternoon except for Sundays. There is limited outdoor seating and take out but no delivery. Prices are cheap and the portions are generous. They are ideal for lunch.
- Little Palace Bar on S 4th St: Little Palace serves traditional American fare and has a full stocked bar to go with it, offering happy hours daily and dinner that is available late in the evening. They close at 2.30 am daily. The prices are cheap and the best nights to party are Fridays and Saturdays.
Things to do in Columbus
Stepping out of your Columbus, OH temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Columbus, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Columbus, OH that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: The Columbus Museum of Art on East Broad St. is an eclectic repertoire of contemporary and classical art that uses various mediums, from pencil to wax to deliver artistic messages. They have featured George Bellow's work along side Aminah Robinson's, among others.
- Theater: The Palace Theater is a modern design that uses technology to enhance the experience of plays and symphonies. The sound system is award winning and the seating is newly refurbished. They feature everything from The Phantom of the Opera to The Peking Acrobats.
- Golf: Table Rock Golf Club is an 18-hole par 72 course that plays 6,562 yards from the Championship tee. It has a rating of 70.8 and a slope of 129. The course is set amidst varying foliage density, with the front nine offering more open spaces and the back none shielded with dense, mature trees.
- Parks: The Park of Roses Floral Garden on North High St presents visitors with a variety of 350 types of roses. The place is filled with miniature gardens that showcase these flowers in various settings. It was once selected as one of the top 10 places to get married.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Columbus area including Newark, Lancaster, Marysville, Circleville, Springfield, Dayton.
Request a Quote