Corpus Christi TX Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Corpus Christi, TX corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Corpus Christi Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Corpus Christi and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Corpus Christi, TX for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. The economy in Corpus Christi is determined and driven by the services industry as well as the wholesale and retail industries. The core of its commercial operations is related to the fact that the city operates the fifth largest port in the United States, and it is the deepest of all the inshore ports located along the rim of the Gulf of Mexico.
Education is also a major revenue driver here with a number of institutions of higher learning located here. Texas A&M has a campus here and so does Texas A&I. One of the extension schools of Hardin Simmons University has a presence here and so does Del Mar College as well as Southern Careers Institute.
The Federal Government is a major organization as far as employment goes due to its defense department spending here. There are two military bases here, the Corpus Christi Army Depot and the Naval Air Station. In total there are over 6,000 jobs that flow to the city’s civilians.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Corpus Christi, TX furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Corpus Christi experiences a humid subtropical climate influenced largely by its location on the Gulf of Mexico. Spring is mildly warm with temperatures between 76°F in March and 86° in May. Summers heat up to a peak of 94°F in August. Fall temperatures reach average highs of 84° in October, then cools marginally to lows averaging 56° in November. Winters are mild, stretching from December to January with lows in the 40s. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Corpus Christi, TX corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Corpus Christi, TX corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Corpus Christi’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.The city of Corpus Christi dates back to 1839 when Colonel Henry Lawrence Kinney founded Kinney's Ranch, a trading post. It was eventually incorporated on September 9th 1852 and given its present day name. The post was erected to supply armies that were encamped close by and were fighting the revolutionary war in Mexico.By July of 1845, U.S troops began to settle in the area and were mobilizing against Mexico during the run up to the war.The area was named Corpus Christi because it was discovered on the Catholic feast day of Corpus Christi by Alonzo Alvarez de Pineda. The area he found nestled within the bay took on the name of the feast, which means Body of Christ. It wasn't until 1852 that the residents decided to vote and confirm the name Corpus Christi.
Places to Eat Near Corpus Christi Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Corpus Christi, TX furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Andy's Kitchen on S Staples Drive.: Andy's kitchen is a very homey place that is always running a little late due to the crowds. Lunch here will come in under ten bucks on most days unless you go for something like a steak. Their popular steak is the Sirloin that is cooked over charcoal. The Blueberry muffins are also great and so are the homemade pies that run out if you get there late.
- Thai Cottage on Mcardle Rd.: This is a mid-priced Thai restaurant that specializes in authentic Thai and Asian dishes ranging from Panang Curry to Chicken Pad Thai. They are open for lunch at 11 am and for dinner at 5pm. There is ample parking in the rear and they accept credit cards.
- Hester's Cafe and Coffee Bar on S Alameda St.: Hester's is a popular place for coffee and tea. They have a number of pastries to go along with it especially at breakfast. The cheesecake is popular here just as the Omelets and Griddle Toast. The best time to enjoy the freshest items is at breakfast or an early lunch.
- Kuzina Mediterranean Grill on Saratoga Blvd.: This is a Middle Eastern and Greek restaurant that is popular for its salad, humus and Gyros. They accept reservations and are crowded for lunch. They do offer take out but not delivery. Try the Baklava. They use authentic feta cheese here in their salads that the locals rave about.
- Big Bowl Korean BBQ on Weber Rd.: This Korean BBQ place is a hit with those who know how to appreciate good Korean food for under ten bucks. There is a wide variety of marinated meat to choose from including the Beef Bulgogi and the Spicy Chicken. There is ample parking and they offer take out. The Kim Chi with Rice is superbly flavored and also a popular item among locals.
Places to Go in Corpus Christi, TX
Stepping out of your Corpus Christi, TX temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Corpus Christi, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Corpus Christi, TX that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: The Corpus Christi Museum of Science and History on N Chaparral St is a place to learn and understand the world around us. From scientific explanations to images of space and artifacts of historical value, this place attracts and maintains the interest and attention of all who visit.
- Theaters: The Harbor Playhouse is a popular place to catch some stage entertainment. They showcase a number of locally produced musicals as well as stage shows from visiting productions. The theater is equipped with modern acoustics and recently refurbished.
- Parks: Padre Island is not only a popular Spring Break location, but also great place to visit throughout the year. It has one of the longest stretches of barrier islands in the world and over 70 miles of shorelines. The shorelines are popular, especially in the spring when the temperature is not as warm.
Request a Quote