Those staying in corporate housing in Dallas, TX for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Dallas supports an economy that is the sixth largest in the United States. Its Gross Metropolitan Product, GMP stands at over $400 billion. It is also the fourth largest employment market in the United States. Dallas is the country’s main oil and gas capital due to its central location to all the major oil reserves in the South including the Permian Basin, the Panhandle and the Gulf Coast.
In terms of corporate presence, Dallas has the third largest share of Forbes 500 companies headquartered there. Major corporations like AT&T, Southwest Airlines and Blockbuster were all founded and continue to thrive in Dallas. Other companies including the likes of Fluor Engineering, 7-Eleven, Neiman Marcus and Frito Lay are all headquartered in Dallas as well.
Real estate is also a major industry in Dallas with new companies continuously choosing Dallas and major existing corporations to expand their business. With a large amount of companies, Dallas has also become a highly sought after city for employment as well. This augments the residential market.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Dallas, TX furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Dallas is in the humid subtropical zone that is tempered by warm, dry air from the northern plains. It has mild springs with temperatures ranging between highs of 68°F in March to 84° in May. Summers are characterized by extended warmer months of July and August that peak at 96°. Fall temperatures reach average highs of 88° in September, then cool down to lows of 47° in November. Winter stretches from December to February with January being the coldest month. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Dallas, TX corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Dallas, TX corporate housing need not make you feel like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Dallas’s history by reading our brief historical account provided below.
Prior to European occupation, Dallas was occupied by the Caddo tribe, a farming community of old world natives that have been dated to live in this area from as far back as 800 CE. The first of the Europeans to arrive were the Spanish, who claimed it for the Viceroyalty of Spain in the 18th century until 1821 when Spain relinquished Mexico and the area that included present day Texas and Dallas to became part of Coahuila Tejas, a Mexican State. Fifteen years later, the area, by then called The Republic of Texas, seceded from Mexico and became independent.
In 1841, John Neely Bryan founded a settlement within The Republic of Texas and named the settlement, Dallas. The Republic of Texas entered the United States in 1845 and Dallas was incorporated the following year.
Places to Eat Near Dallas Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Dallas, TX furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our clients still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following establishments a try:
- Hopdoddy Burger Bar in Luther Ln: This is a fairly inexpensive place to grab a burger in the University Park area. There is free Wi-Fi and a full bar. They are open daily between 11 am and 10pm. Parking is fairly convenient and the most energetic nights to be here are on Friday and Saturday. Truffle Fries are popular here.
- Uncle Uber’s on Commerce St in Deep Ellum: Uncle Uber’s is a modern sandwich bar, serving classic sandwiches and some with contemporary ingredients. It’s pretty inexpensive to dine here. There is a full bar. One of the favorites on the menu here is the Shaved Ribeye with Grilled Onions and Blue Cheese.
- Hillstone on A Preston Rd: Hillstone is a traditional American restaurant in the University Park area. They are open daily for lunch and dinner and close around 10pm. The prices are on the steep side, and there is a dress code. The atmosphere is classy and highly suitable to intimate dinners for two, although groups are entertained and well taken care of. Try the Hawaiian Rib Eye.
- Lee Harvey’s on Gould St in South Dallas: This is a typical dive that most people would drive pass. However, the food is popular in the area, and the prices are inexpensive with fairly adequate portions. They have live music on the weekends and outdoor picnic-table style seating. There is no indoor seating. Try the Grilled Jalapeño Chicken Sandwich.
- Bubba’s Cooks Country on Lombardy Ln: This is a cheap place to get a fried chicken breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner on any day of the week. They open at 6.30 am and keep serving till 10pm. They do offer take-out but not delivery.
Things to do in Dallas
Stepping out of your Dallas, TX temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
- Museum: The Dallas Museum of Art on N Harwood St is an extensive museum with collections amounting to more than 20,000 pieces of sophisticated and contemporary works by well known, as well as up and coming, artists. It was established in 1903 and includes African, American and ancient pieces that date back three millennia.
- Theater: The AT&T Performing Arts Center is a professional theater with features that include Andre Watts, Philip Glass, with Broadway performances like Beauty and the Beast, Godspell and Shakespeare’s works like Antony and Cleopatra, and classics such as Les Miserable.
- Golf: Tenison Park Golf Course is a highly popular course that offers D.A. Weibring design incorporating five lakes. The course rewards consistency across the 7,078 yards that fly from the back tees. It’s a par 72.
- Parks: Dragon Park on Cedar Springs Rd in Oak Lawn is a park that is great for kids and adults alike. There are numerous statues around the park that add to the ambience and places that are designed for people to meditate and sit quietly.
Whatever your reason for visiting Dallas, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Dallas, TX that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.