Des Plaines IL Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect ChoiceThe Next group of businesses that drive the economy are the services that facilitate the retail sector. Most of the residents in Des Plaines wither work in the city, the Greater Chicago area, the airport o r within Des Plaines itself. This creates a huge demand for retail and residential services. Health care is one such service that provides a strong income for the city.A third area of business that is more recent than traditional businesses is the emergence of the gaming industry. Casinos have started to sprout up and one, in particular, Rivers Casino, is also one of the largest employers in the area.
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Des Plaines, IL corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Des Plaines Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Des Plaines and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Des Plaines, IL for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Des Plaines is a close suburb of the Chicago Metropolitan area, located near Chicago’s O’Hare airport. It is this proximity to the city and the airport that drives the economy of Des Plaines. That results in two sets of activities that define the Des Plaines economic engine. First there is the travel related industries, from airlines and freight companies that have their non-essential offices outside of Chicago and in Des Plaines where real estate is cheaper. Then there is also the companies that heavily use air transport for their business. Fregith forwarding and couriers are primary candidates and reside around the O’Hare area.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Des Plaines, IL furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Des Plaines has weather influenced by Lake Michigan and very similar to Chicago, with temperate summers and cold winters. Spring is fairly mild hovering between 50°F in March to 74° in May. Summers climb as high as 75° in July. Fall average 66° in October, then continues to cool down to lows of 14° in January. Winter stretches from November to early February. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Des Plaines, IL corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Des Plaines, IL corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Des Plaines’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.The original people who lived in the area, prior to the European settlement, were the Potawatomi, the Ottawa and the Chippewa tribes of American Indians. The tribes were originally centered around the Des Plaines River.The European settlements began at the conclusion of the Treaty of Chicago, followed closely by immigrants for Eastern Europe especially Germany. Land was bought up by the Illinois and Wisconsin Land Company in the area as well. They primarily focused their purchases along upcoming railroad tracks. At the time a new track was planned to traverse the line between Chicago and Janesville. The construction of this railroad helped to build the city by bringing populations within the city limits and by bringing workers to work on the lines.In the mid 1800s developers also built a steam mill in the area to help cut timber not railroad ties, this mill was later converted into a grist mill.
Places to Eat Near Des Plaines Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Des Plaines, IL furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Caruso’s Pizza on N Potter Rd: Caruso's offers pick up or delivery as well as cozy dining in this rustic Italian restaurant offering deli meats, pizza and sandwiches. They maintain reasonable prices and offer large portions. It is a local favorite and a family place. Try the thick-thin-stuffed Pizza.
- Via Roma on Lee St: Via Roma is a petite restaurant with Chicago style Italian food. The place is consistent, friendly and familiar choices to choose over. The restaurant possesses an amazingly and pleasantly dressed staff. The restaurant provides free parking area on its rear. Good for kids and groups and affordable too.
- Dotombori on Miner St: It is a small and quiet place with great décor for attraction. You can enjoy the freely available wifi, parking garage and the selection of modern beer and wine. Lunch Special that consist Bento Box, Sushi, Rolls, Noodles and many more are always make you happy. Enjoy your happy hours from Mon-Sat from 5.00pm-6.00pm. Reservations are allowed.
- Thai Square on Miner St: The restaurant serves Vietnamese, Japanese and Chinese cuisine amidst an oriental environment. Its interior and exterior are richly designed and often host business functions. Try their special crab Rangoon.
- Restaurant Mehanata on Lee St: This restaurant serves as an open bar and operates round the clock. It intrinsic value for Bulgarian food and beer brand makes it an exception. Their huge portions of stewed meat and sausages will leave you more than satisfied.
Things to do in Des Plaines, IL
Stepping out of your Des Plaines, IL temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Des Plaines, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Des Plaines, IL that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: McDonald’s #1 Store Museum is the memorial for the Mcdonald built according to original blueprint with some modification to accommodate museum visitors. It is a cool place to visit with families along N Lee Street. Its location is a perfectly suitable and relatively less expensive away from town.
- Theater: The Des Plaines Theatre is the latest development in town. The building was constructed for its purpose and an ultimate place to catch live music. The set up is comfortable for large number of peoples with a gracious parking lot. It is located along Miner Street and is always open on most days of the week.
- Park: Friendship Park Conservatory is located on W Algonquin Rd and provides a resting place for lone visitors. There are nice track that goes around the park as well as great tennis courts.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Des Plaines area including Park Ridge, Rosemont, Chicago O'Hare Int'L Airport, Norridge, and Morton Grove.
Request a Quote