Detroit Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect ChoiceThe main economic drivers in the city include a slew of corporate activity that supports the likes of Price Waterhouse Coopers, Ernst & young, General Motors and a string of other Fortune 500 companies.There is a significant manufacturing presence here as well with companies like American Axle and Manufacturing located in Detroit. Detroit has always been synonymous with auto manufacturing and while there is still some activity in that sector, it is certainly not as vibrant as it used to be. In its place are technology and energy operations as well as a large number of construction based firms. The construction firms may only be temporary with the current increase on revitalization.
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Detroit, MI corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Detroit Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Detroit and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Detroit, MI for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. After a long decline in the city’s economy and high unemployment rate, the city has managed a turnaround that has included more than 1.5 billion dollars in infrastructure and revitalization of city’s buildings. The riverfront has especially been redone and technology infrastructure has been upgraded to attract a larger skilled workforce to enter the city.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Detroit, MI furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Detroit experiences a continental climate with sunny humid summers and cold winters, influence primarily by the Great Lakes. Spring is cold with temperatures between 45°F in March and 70° in May. Summers warm up to a peak of 83°F in July. Fall temperatures reach average highs of 62° in October, then cools marginally to lows averaging 34° in November. Winters are mild, stretching from December to January with lows in the teens. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Detroit, MI corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Detroit, MI corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Detroit’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.The name Detroit is taken from the French word that means Strait. The original area was named as the Strait of Lake Erie and eventually a fort was built in the area by French Canadians. They named the area Fort Ponchartrain du Detroit. Pontchartrain was at the time the Marine Minister for King Louis XIV. The area originally belonged to the French, and in an effort to populate the area, the French offered free land to settlers. The area initially grew to 800 inhabitants becoming the largest city from Montreal to New Orleans.The French Indian War of 1760 Fort Ponchartrain du Detroit fell to the British who truncated its long name to Detroit. After the British took control, the fort was besieged by tribes of the area but the Fort remained solidly in British hands. It eventually entered the United States under the Jay Treaty of 1796.In modern history, Detroit became the hub of manufacturing and a pioneering city in automobile manufacturing. Ford Motor Company was founded here in 1903, followed by Dodge by the Dodge brothers, and Chrysler by Walter Chrysler. Truck manufacturing also expanded here at the time.
Places to Eat Near Detroit Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Detroit, MI furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Taqueria Mi Pueblo on Dix St: Taqueria Mi Pueblo is an inexpensive restaurant, which serves authentic Mexican cuisine. They offer full menu along with full bar. Free Wi-Fi, Waiter and Catering services are available. Try their Botana and Pollo.
- El Barzon on Junction Rd: El Barzon is a reasonably priced restaurant, offering Italian and Mexican cuisine. Outdoor seating is popular here. They provide full bar and valet parking. Reservations are encouraged. Try Fish Ravioli and Arugula Salad.
- 24grille on Michigan Ave: It is a posh restaurant, offering modern American cuisine in an elegant setting. This place is popular for intimate dinners. It is closed on Sundays. Take-out is available here. Try the Apple wood Smoked Bacon and Veal Meatloaf.
- La Dolce Vita on Woodward Ave: La Dolce Vita is a luxurious restaurant, which offers ethnic Italian cuisine for breakfast and brunch. They present elegant and romantic atmosphere. This place is closed on Mondays and Saturdays. Try Escargot and Portabella Mushrooms.
- Vincente’s Cuban Cuisine on Library St: It is an affordable restaurant cum dance club, specializing in Cuban food. They offer live music and Salsa dancing lessons as well. Outdoor seating is available. Parking is convenient. Try Salmon a la Parrilla and Lamb Shank.
Things to do in Detroit
Stepping out of your Detroit, MI temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Detroit, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Detroit, MI that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Theater: Redford Theater is located on Lahser Road. This place includes a three story grand foyer, Japanese style décor and a full sized stage. They play musicals, dramas and classic movies. Tickets are available easily at reasonable prices.
- Park: Campus Martius Park is located on Woodward Ave. it is located in city-center and is open seven days a week. This place includes an ice rink, fountains, green spaces, fountain bistro, monuments and a stage. Parking is convenient and it is easily accessible by bus or car.
- Museum: Detroit Institute of Arts is located on Woodward Ave. This place has a large collection consisting of over 65,000 works including ancient Egyptian works to contemporary arts. Tickets are easily available on reasonable prices. Parking is convenient.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Detroit area including Ann Arbor, Novi, Sterling Heights, Farmington, Farmington Hills, West Bloomfield, Southfield, Northville, Dearborn, Northville, Rochester Hills, Troy.
Request a Quote