Doylestown PA Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect ChoiceBetween 2000 and 2102, the property values escalated by 100 percent to $376,000 on average, while the average price in Pennsylvania was only $163,000. The elevated property prices have an impact on the cost of living in the area with is higher than the national average.Only 25% of the Doylestown population live and work in the town, while more than 70% of them commute out of the borough. This has a significant impact on the economy of the area. The greatest export Doylestown has for its neighbors is a skilled labor force that travel as far as Philadelphia, Delaware and New Jersey.
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Doylestown, PA corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Doylestown Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Doylestown and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Doylestown, PA for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. The Doylestown economy is driven, in part, by its proximity to the Philadelphia Metropolitan area. Even though it is almost half an hour away, the property values here are impacted positively. Real estate is one of Doylestown’s main economic drivers. The average household income here is higher than Pennsylvania in general and the value of each home is more than double that of the Pennsylvania average.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Doylestown, PA furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Doylestown experiences a humid continental climate with temperatures that are seasonal. Spring is characterized by mild temperatures between 63°F in April and 74°F in May. Summers warm up to a peak of 87°F in July. Fall temperatures reach average highs of 66° in October, then cools to lows averaging 37° in November. Winters are mild, stretching from December to March with lows in the mid 20 to the low 30s. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Doylestown, PA corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Doylestown, PA corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Doylestown’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.Doylestown began its existence as a tavern that was built on the crossroads that led to Morristown and New Hope, as well as Philadelphia and Easton back in 1745. This single tavern built by William Doyle slowly grew as the popularity of the crossroads increased with the traffic. The next to be built in the area was the church and soon after there was a sudden acceleration in the number of settlers that took up residence in and around the roads leading in and out of the area.By 1813 Doylestown had become the county seat and experienced greater rates of growth. The Borough of Doylestown was then incorporated in 1838. Within 10 years of that, a telegraph office was installed and within ten years of that, the North Pennsylvania Railroad laid tracks into Doylestown.Gas lights illuminated the town in 1854 and that was the genesis of a large scale expansion of the industries that arrived. In 1869, the waterworks infrastructure was organized and that increased the expansion and arrival of more settlers.
Places to Eat Near Doylestown Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Doylestown, PA furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- The Waterwheel on Old Easton Rd: The Waterwheel is an upscale American restaurant in the heart of Doylestown. They are open for lunch and dinner and serve a popular Chilean Sea Bass that is topped with fresh Crab Meat. There is adequate parking in the rear and they promote a romantic ambiance.
- Honey on Shewell Ave.: A full menu, expensive restaurant that offers a totally American menu. This place only opens in the evening at 5 for sinner. Try the Black Tea Glazed Spare Ribs or the Smoke Potato Chips.
- Basically Burgers in N Main St: A burger joint that serves meals for fewer than ten bucks. The sides are famous for their flavor, while the burgers themselves are well seasoned and generously portioned. They even serve ostrich and bison as alternatives to beef. They also have salmon burgers. Try the Taste of Italy Burger.
- Cross Keys Diner in W Swamp Rd: This diner is a mainstay and a local favorite for folks as far away as Philadelphia. They open daily at 6.30am and close at 2.30 pm, serving breakfast that includes cornmeal butter pancakes, to lunch that is constantly crowded. A good meal will not cost more than ten bucks.
- Knight House on W State St.: An upscale restaurant that is priced between $30 and above per person. They are open from 11 to 11 daily and serve both lunch and dinner. Dinners on the weekend are best planned with a reservation. They accept credit cards and are famous for the Prosciutto Flatbread that comes with caramelized onions and manchego cheese. Also, try the Bacon Risotto.
Places to Go in Doylestown
Stepping out of your Doylestown, PA temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Doylestown, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Doylestown, PA that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Golf: The Doylestown Country Club is the oldest club in the county. It features a 18-hole course and a clubhouse with superior banquet facilities. The course was designed by William Flynn and remodeled in 1966. The course is set to a par 72 and plays 6589 yards from the rear tee.
- Museums: The Mercer Museum on S Pine St is a cultural museum dedicated to the education and cultivation of the history and narrative of the area. Within the museum building which is located in Fonthill Castle, numerous handmade artifacts of an era the preceded mechanization is on display.
- Park: Peace Valley Park located on Creek Road is an ideal place to walk or run by the water or even have a picnic. It is located on the shores of Lake Galena, which is a manmade lake that came about with the damming of the Neshaminy Creek.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Doylestown area including New Britain, Lansdale, Mechanicsville, Chalfont, Montgomeryville, Hatfield, and Dublin.
Request a Quote