Escondido CA Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect ChoiceEscondido's proximity to smaller surrounding cities and unincorporated towns allowed it to become the center of commerce for the residents of these places. Its proximity to larger cities like San Diego just half an hour away makes it a plausible location to be a residential area for those who work in the city. This gives rise to a number of industries in the area. The predominant industry here is the real estate industry and health care. The secondary industries here are mostly involved with consumer retail and services.
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Escondido, CA corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Escondido Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Escondido and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Escondido, CA for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Escondido’s economy was originally built upon the agricultural successes that came about in the late 19th century. The original economy was driven by Muscat grapes and was then followed by oranges and lemons after that in the mid 20th century. Eventually, avocados became a major income generator for the area. After the 60s, the agricultural success seemed to give way to housing and development. Agricultural lands that once supported crops were converted to suburban homes.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Escondido, CA furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Escondido experiences a humid subtropical climate. Spring is comfortable with temperatures between highs of 71°F in March to average highs of 78° in May. Summers are characterized by temperatures reaching 89° in August. Fall averages 81° in October and cools down to lows of 48° in November. Mild winters stretch from December to February. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Escondido, CA corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Escondido, CA corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Escondido’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.Most of the area that today includes Escondido was home to the Luiseno people prior to the arrival of the Spanish. The area was occupied by the influx of the Kimeyaay tribes and people, who arrived after leaving the Colorado River area further east.By the late 18th century, Spanish missions had arrived and set up a number of outposts to convert the locals to Christianity. The lands were later divided according to the Spanish ranchos format. Escondido occupies what was once part of the Devil's Corner Rancho. The battle of San Pasqual was fought along this land that saw heroes like Kit Carson rise to prominence here.
Places to Eat Near Escondido Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Escondido, CA furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Hungry Bear Sub Shop on W El Norte Parkway: This place serves sandwiches and burgers at the counter. The ingredients are fresh and the prices are cheap. They are open daily, until 8pm on weekdays and till 7pm on Saturdays and 5 pm on Sundays. They don't deliver, but do handle take-out orders. The favorite here is the Ultimate Italian.
- Intertwined Bistro & Wine Baron E Grand Ave: This bistro serves a good selection of wines and trendy food. The setting is comfortable and classy with good service from the waiters, and rapid turnarounds from the kitchen. Prices are average. This bistro is ideal for romantic dinners and quiet evenings. The Nutter Butter Mud Pie is a favorite here.
- Home Sweet Home Cafe on Enterprise St: This is an American restaurant serving breakfast and lunch. The prices are affordable and the atmosphere is casual. The favorites here are the biscuits and gravy, and the chicken fried steak. The food is full of flavor and it comes in large portions.
- Vintana Wine & Dine on Auto Park Way: Vintana is a pricy fine dining establishment that is dressy. There is a full bar with a wide selection of wines and cocktails in addition to imported beers and microbrews. The upscale environment is enhanced by servers who are well trained and polished. The Nut Crusted Brie is a popular appetizer.
- Bellamy's Restaurant on Grand Ave: Bellamy's is a restaurant in a lounge setting. They price their food and drinks on the expensive side of the scale. The kitchen is meticulous in presentation and the tastes are sophisticated. The setting is classy but not pretentious. There is live music and Friday's are the best night to enjoy a energetic crowd.
Things to do in Escondido
Stepping out of your Escondido, CA temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Escondido, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Escondido, CA that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: The California Center for the Arts is a center for residents and the community to enjoy and take part in visual as well as performing arts. There are exhibitions celebrating acclaimed artists and there are introductions to new artists. There are also performances, symphonies, ballets and other stage performances.
- Theater: The Patio Playhouse Community Theater is a local community and youth theater located on S Kalmia St. Admissions are generally $25 for most performances. They usually feature local performers and productions, although there are some performances from professional groups. Local interpretations of Young Frankenstein and Almost Maine are some of what have been showcased here.
- Golf: The Vineyard at Escondido is a par 71 course that plays 6,531 yards from the back tee. There are three tee settings, back middle and forward. There are a number of holes that present challenging plays and some where novices can even the score. The course winds through wetlands set amidst towering mountains. There is untouched wildlife and natural forests that complement the landscaped fairways.
- Parks: The 53-acre Felicita County Park on Clarence Lane is open daily between 9.30 am and sunset. The park is built on what used to be an Indian village and evidence of the Indian communal activities is still present in locations around the park. Most of the grounds are covered by mature oak. There are picnic tables and barbecue pits. A nature trail circumnavigates the park and there are a number of hiking trails as well.
Request a Quote