Eugene OR Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Eugene, OR corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Eugene Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Eugene and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Eugene, OR for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Eugene, OR is home to some of the largest timber companies and wood related producers. The economy is also heavily dependent upon the University of Oregon and the medical industry. The corporate business in Eugene revolves around medicine and health care. Peace Health Medical Group is the largest employer in the city with the University of Oregon coming in at a close second.The University of Oregon also brings in students from other parts of the country and has a significant International student population. This brings income into the city and it increases the secondary economy by boosting services and product offerings to the staff, faculty and the students.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Eugene, OR furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Eugene experiences wet springs with temperatures between 71°F in March to 78° in May. Summers are characterized by temperatures reaching 89° in August. Fall averages 81° in October and cools down to lows of 48° in November. Winter stretches from December to February. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Eugene, OR corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Eugene, OR corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Eugene’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.The Eugene area was first inhabited by the Calapooya tribe, who called the area, Yapoah. Judge DM Risdon and Eugene Skinner were the first to try and build a settlement and incorporate a town in this area, but the heavy rains in the area made it initially impossible to attract settlers. With all the rain, the place became known as Skinner's Mudhole. Eventually more settlers came and settled on higher ground where the soil was not as wet.Eugene (the city) then took on the name of one of its founders and became the seat of Lane County. The economic base here was originally agriculture and milling. Transportation of agricultural products to Portland for onward shipment was also fast becoming a strong business at that time. Rail arrived in Eugene by the late 1800s and provided farmers with a way to expand their market to outside the Eugene-Portland area.As lumber and timber rose in prominence, the city was transformed from an agricultural look to one that found sawmills speckled across town. Mining soon increased in importance, and provided a third leg to an already robust expansion. In the early 21st century, Eugene continued its prominence as a wood center with lumber and timber products providing much of the jobs and business to the community.
Places to Eat Near Eugene Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Eugene, OR furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Papa's Soul Food Kitchen on Blair Blvd.: Papa's is open during lunch from noon to 2pm, then again for dinner from 5 pm to 10 pm from Tuesdays to Fridays. The dinner is busier and requires a longer wait time. The fried chicken is very southern in its flavor and the Collard Greens are fresh. Service is a little slow, but the staff is very friendly.
- Newman's Fish Company on Willamette St.: Newman's operates a seafood restaurant and a market in the same premises that sells fresh catch daily. The prices at the restaurant are inexpensive and food comes in generous portions. They are better visited at lunch time than at dinner since they close by 7pm. The fish and chips are well flavored and one of the local favorites.
- Sam Bond's Garage on Blair Blvd: Sam's is a pub and a vegetarian restaurant that serves up a wide assortment of beer and tasty vegan and vegetarian bites and meals. The vegan pizza is inexpensive, just like their typical menu item, and the beers are creative. There is live music here and an outdoor patio during the warmer season.
- Cornucopia Bar and Burgers on E 5th Ave: This is a casual watering hole that serves traditional American favorites like burgers and pizza in an easy-going environment. The beer selection is adequate and the food accommodates vegetarians and vegans. There is free wifi at the bar.
- McMenamins on East 19th St.: McMenamins is considered a popular hangout among the locals. Having a burger and a beer on the patio is a favorite way to hang out with the neighborhood patrons. They have a full bar and do cocktails well. There is free wifi inside the premises and out on the patio. The best nights to meet new people are on Fridays and Saturdays.
Things to do in Eugene
Stepping out of your Eugene, OR temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Eugene, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Eugene, OR that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: The Museum of Natural and Cultural History at the University of Oregon campus showcases more than 10,000 years of human cultural history set against a backdrop 200 million years of geological history. It combines facts with awe to deliver information through artifacts, images and documents.
- Theater: The Hult Center is a spectacular venue combining sophisticated dining with artistic performances to deliver a magical evening. It is located in the heart of Eugene and showcases evocative dances, contemplative plays and contemporary music.
- Golf: The Eugene Country Club's Golf Course has the honor of consistently being listed among the nation's top 100 courses. The meticulously manicured greens and wide fairways deliver a relaxing game over 18 holes on one of Robert Trent Jones Jr's signature courses. Amidst the relaxation, the challenge of the course is evident as the game progresses.
- Parks: Mt Pisgah Arboretum is set across 209 acres of living trees and well kept undergrowth to preserve the natural fauna of the Pacific Northwest. It is set within the Howard Buford Recreation Area. With rivers and mountain slopes surrounding the park, the crisp air makes it a refreshing place for a run or walk.
Request a Quote