Hammond IN Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect ChoiceThe First Baptist church of Hammond is one of the largest Baptist congregations in the country. It is also home to Purdue University's Calumet branch. Hammond's Saint Margaret Hospital opened in 1898 and is still open and active today. This hospital has a reputation for being a trendsetter and is known for introducing innovative medical practices in the area.The convenient location has enticed many railroads and trucking companies to build headquarters in Hammond, being located on the southern shore of Lake Michigan.
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Hammond, IN corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Hammond Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Hammond and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Hammond, IN for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Hammond is one of the oldest cities in Lake County, with Crown Point being the oldest, established in 1834. The city is focused on production, manufacturing, education, and healthcare. It is home to some manufacturing activity including production and packing companies such as Huhtamaki, Inc., Cargill, and Dietrich Industries.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Hammond, IN furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Hammond has a humid continental climate, with cold winters and warm, wet summers. It gets 35 inches of annual precipitation and a snowfall of 25 inches in a year. Spring in Hammond starts at 81 ºF in March and goes up to 95 ºF in May. It increases in July to 99ºF. In the fall it starts gets to about 91 ºF in October, then heads down below to 70 ºF,the coldest throughout the year, in January. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Hammond, IN corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Hammond, IN corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Hammond’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.Hammond lay at the crossroads of explorers, stagecoach lines and supply trials for those headed west. The first settlers that populated the area were German immigrants who set up the town on the south end of Lake Michigan by the Grand and Calumet Rivers.By the time 1869 rolled around, industrial expansion and taken foot in Hammond in the form of a meat packing facility owned by George H Hammond Company. The city was eventually named in honor of the founder of this meat packing plant.Within a short amount of time, other industrial businesses including steel and oil were flourishing in the area due to the fact that they had unfettered access to fresh water, to transportation and increasing traffic as the west continued to open up.
Places to Eat Near Hammond Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Hammond, IN furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Johnel’s Restaurant on S Calumet Ave: It is a reasonably priced restaurant providing traditional country food. This place is open seven days a week. There is a bar on the premises. Private parking is available. Try their Skirt Steak and Biscuit & Gravy.
- Bread Basket on Indianapolis Blvd: Bread Basket is an affordable restaurant which offers variety of sandwiches on their menu. They offer homemade bread and soup in a casual setting. They do not serve alcohol and they are closed on Saturdays and Sundays. Try the Garden Delight Sandwich and Chicken Cobb Salad.
- Jack Binion’s Steak House on Casino Center Dr: It is an elegant restaurant where they provide a variety of Steaks. This place is pricey and they offer impeccable services in a dressy environment. They offer full bar and accept reservations and credit cards. They are open from Wed-Sun. Try the Caesar Salad and Prime Rib.
- New Chop Suey on Calumet Ave: It is an inexpensive authentic Chinese restaurant. This place offers good take-out and dine-in service. Catering is also available here. They only accept cash. Try the Chicken Fried Rice.
- Jedi’s Garden on Ridge Rd: Jedi’s Garden is an affordable restaurant where they offer Greek, American and Mediterranean cuisine. This place is goof for breakfast or lunch. They offer beer and wine. Lemon Rice Soup and Saganaki are popular here.
Things to do in Hammond, IN
Stepping out of your Hammond, IN temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Hammond, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Hammond, IN that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museums: John Dillinger Museum is located on Corinne Dr. This place is about the life and history of John Dillinger. They have an assortment of Dillinger artifacts, which are well-kept and presented in multimedia narratives.
- Parks: Cate Square Park is located on Magnolia St. It is an old-fashioned, neighborhood park which is located in the center of city. This place is easily accessible on foot, by bus or bike. This place offers a landscape gazebo, recreation field, picnic tables and a reserved playground for kids.
- Theaters: Beatniks on Conkey is located on Conkey St. It is a coffee house cum theater where they organize musicals, dramas and theater plays, mostly on weekends. Refreshments are also available here. Tickets are available on reasonable price. This place is easily accessible and they offer the place for social meeting and special events as well.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Hammond area including Whiting, Chicago Heights, Gary, Portage.
Request a Quote