Hampton VA Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Whether it is temporary housing for military, shipyard employment, or other business or person reasons, Hampton VA corporate housing by Almost Home is your best short term housing option. Contact one of our housing specialists today for a quote on one of our outstanding one, two, or three bedroom Hampton VA furnished apartments. You will be glad you did.
First Time in Hampton, VA
Whether you are already here or considering a move into the area, take a few moments to review the brief summary of Hampton VA that we provide here.
Climate in Hampton VA
Hampton has four distinct seasons, but they are not as pronounced as in more northern climates. Spring is mild with temperatures averaging a high of 58°F in March to 75° in May. Summers are warm, with temperatures reaching a peak of 87° in July. Fall highs average 79° in September to lows of 52° in October. The cooler months stretch between November and February where the lows are in the 30s.
Economy of Hampton VA
Hampton's economy is driven by large infrastructure assets. The first economic engine of the area is the Port of Hampton Roads, close to Hampton. After the significant contraction during the economic downturn in the 21st century, the area is now rebounding, but at a pace slower than anticipated.The other revenue stream that is still standing strong in the area are the academic establishments and tourism. Tourism remains as a large contributor to the area's economy, as well as the state of Virginia as a whole. It would not be unheard of for Hampton VA corporate apartments to be used by those taking an extra long vacation to the Hampton/Virginia Beach area. The local councils have also created business and technology parks to boost the area's economic diversity and move dependence away from the government's military establishments only.
Hampton VA corporate housing residents can enjoy a very interesting history which surrounds them. Old Point Comfort, the eventual site of Fort Monroe, was first identified and occupied by Captain Christopher Newport and his men when they arrived from London, in December of 1606. Old Point Comfort was chosen as a strategic site due to its location on the confluence of three of Virginia's main rivers and was calculated as the strongest militarily strategic position.In 1619, the first ship carrying indentured slaves, Antonio and Isabella docked in Hampton. They were the first servants to set foot on American soil. In January of 1624, their child was the first African American to be born on American soil.Fort Monroe was the site of present day Hampton. Both played major roles in the Civil War as well as the Revolutionary War. In the Revolutionary War, Hampton was burnt down and rebuilt again. The same happened during the civil war.
Things to do Near Hampton, VA Temporary Housing
- Museum: The Hampton History Museum located on Lincoln St has numerous artifacts, documents and dioramas that are collected, curated and designed to depict history in the proper context. Most of the history on display pertains to the Hampton story and experience. They are open seven days a week. This would be a great place to venture out from your Hampton VA corporate housing to enjoy.
- Theater: The American Theater on E Mellen St is a small theater that is surrounded in history. There are artistic performances from music to dance, theater and stage plays. The content is eclectic, from symphonies to Tibetan Monks, from plays to recitals.
- Golf: The Hamptons is a public course with 27 holes etched along a championship design. Ornamental grasses that pave the fairways, and wildflowers that line it and lakes that dot it are all part of the design on this set of 9-hole courses.
- Parks: The Sandy Bottom Nature Park is a 456-acre park and wildlife facility that was built atop wasteland and converted to a natural habitat for numerous species. The park is located on Big Bethel Rd and is open from sunrise to sunset seven days a week.
Places to Eat in Hampton VA
Make a few forays out from your own furnished apartment’s kitchen to taste the excellent restaurant fare in Hampton VA.
- County Grill and Smokehouse on E Mercury Blvd: The County Grill offers a comfortable venue to enjoy country styled cooking and southern flavors. Simple favorites like bread pudding are among the long list of favorites here. There is a full bar.
- Tommy's Restaurant on W Mercury Blvd: An inexpensive place to enjoy a filling breakfast. It gets crowded early, and there is often a line waiting out the door. Home fries are a favorite here.
- Six Little Bar Bistro on E Mellen St: The restaurant specializes in tapas dishes that are designed to come in small portions so you can enjoy a variety. The flavors are authentically Spanish. The crowds are casually attired. There is a full bar and they are open daily between 5pm and 2 am.
- Surf Rider Bluewater on Marina Rd: This place is famous for their crab cakes and fried oysters, both of which are made from fresh catch daily. The restaurant is geared for dinner and has a full bar with highly trained bartenders. The place is always crowded, giving it intense energy and a noisy atmosphere.
- Monsoon Eclectic Modern Indian on Allainby Way: This is a trendy Indian bistro. All the appetizers and entree favorites are served in a chic environment. There is a full bar and the waiters are trained to pair spirits in the cocktail with spices in the dish. Prices are a little above average but well worth it.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Hampton area including Newport News, Langley Air Force Base, Hampton Roads Center and Norfolk.
Request a Quote