Hermosa Beach CA Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Hermosa Beach, CA corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Hermosa Beach Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Hermosa Beach and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Hermosa Beach, CA for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. The economy in Hermosa Beach is driven by its coastal location and its proximity to Los Angeles. It is one of the few places in the US where the property value has appreciated a minimum of 20% annually for six straight years between the years of 1999 and 2005. The appreciation of value, after the recession, returned and is continuing its upward march once again.
The local economy is driven by residential service and consumer goods. Most of the businesses here serve local residents and tourists who stop by to enjoy the views and take a look at some of the most expensive homes in the country. There are also a heavy number of personal fitness centers in town, so many in fact that it is the largest employer in town.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Hermosa Beach, CA furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Hermosa Beach experiences Mediterranean climate. Spring weather ranges from lows of 54°F in April to highs of 69° in May. Summers are tempered by the breeze form the cooler Pacific, reaching highs of 77° in July and August. Fall cools to between 74° in September to 48° in December. Warm winters stretch from December to March, with the coldest of 48° occurring in December and January. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Hermosa Beach, CA corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Hermosa Beach, CA corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Hermosa Beach’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.In the 19th century, this part of the California coastline was mostly agricultural land that supported wheat plantations. The rolling hills of the California coast, what is part of the Pacific Coast Highway now, was perfectly suitable for wheat crops. It was also suitable for sheep grazing during the off season. The land between Hermosa and Inglewood used to have large barns that stored grain and sheltered sheep.In 1901, plans for the boardwalk began where the Strand is currently located. The first pier was built after the necessary surveys and was completed in 1904. The first pier built with wood soon washed away and was replaced with a concrete pier in 1913. From that time, more facilities were built around it, including bait shop, and eventually an auditorium and the building continued as the beach became a popular destination for residents of Los Angeles.A trolley line was eventually built to join L.A. with Hermosa Beach. It was named the Los Angeles Pacific Railway. The trolley commuted between L.A. and Redondo Beach, stopping at Hermosa.
Places to Eat Near Hermosa Beach Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Hermosa Beach, CA furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Mediterraneo on Pier Ave: Reasonably priced restaurant on Pier Avenue. The food is flavored adequately with smaller than usual portions. The drinks from the bar are on the expensive side but the variety is wide. The bartenders are highly skilled and so are the wait staff. The hospitality and the hustle among the wait staff are well choreographed.
- Zane's Restaurant on Hermosa Ave.: This restaurant has a loyal following in Hermosa Beach among the locals. The wait staff go out of their way to customize the experience whenever they can.
- Frito Misto on Pier Ave: This restaurant has been around for some time. They have more than one location - one in Hermosa Beach and the other in Santa Monica. Both locations have a sound reputation with the local crowds. They go through the trouble of staying true to the Italian flavors and are not overzealous with the classic recipes. The service is fast, but patrons are not rushed.
- Poulet du jour on Pacific Coast Highway: This is very popular among locals and those who come in from further away. The owners are always on hand and mingle with the crowd. The chicken is definitely the specialty here, as per the name. They prepare it in many different ways and each one pleases a different palette.
- Chef Melba's Bistro on Hermosa Ave: The chef's name is indeed Melba and she often comes out to meet with the customers. She does her best to prepare amazing dishes in true California style. The decor here is simple, and the service is excellent.
Things to do in Hermosa Beach, CA
Stepping out of your Hermosa Beach, CA temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Hermosa Beach, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Hermosa Beach, CA that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: Hermosa Beach has a lot of history and this Historical Society on Pier Avenue details the story in its entirety. The history of this place dates back generations and its development is fully chronicled and placed on display.
- Theater: The Redondo Beach Performing Arts Center is a modern facility that showcases visiting ballet troupes and runs a speaker series where prominent speakers such as past Presidents and Foreign dignitaries have held stage.
- Shopping: The best place in town to shop is the South Bay Galleria. There is plenty of shopping, lots of dining and plenty to do and watch here. The mall is anchored by Kohl's and Macy's and Nordstrom. It also has an AMC cinema and a number of other stores.
- Golf: The Lakes at El Segundo on South Sepulveda Blvd. is an 8-hole municipal course that opened in 1994. It is a par 29 course across 1328 yards of rye and bent grass.
- Parks: Valley Park on Valley Drive covers over 5 acres of playground for kids and picnic tables as well as barbecue grills. There is also an amphitheater. There is also a basketball court and clean restrooms.
Request a Quote