Hollywood CA Furnished Apartments and Corporate Housing
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Hollywood, CA corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Hollywood Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help potential newcomers acclimate to life in Hollywood and therefore offer the following informative summary of various aspects of this wonderful city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Hollywood, CA for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Hollywood has two major revenue streams that contribute significantly to its economy. The first is the motion picture industry. While a number of major studios have moved to the Burbank area, Hollywood remains influential and a major part of most moved that make it to the big screen. There are numerous studios that handle pre and post production as well as sound and special effects studios in town. The second economic driver in this town is the tourism industry. Tourists from all over the world and across the US make it to Hollywood to attend studio tapings and walk around the various tourist spots, like the Hollywood walk of Fame, among other notable points of interest. The two industries put together, make Hollywood one of the busiest cities in the state. The old studios where some of the classics were filmed are still in operation today; but some serve only as tourist spots in some cases.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Hollywood, CA furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Hollywood typically experiences a Mediterranean and subtropical climate, as it can get hot and humid during the summer. Spring temperatures range between lows of 54°F in April to highs of 70°in May. Summers are hot and humid, reaching a high of 89° in August. Fall cools down a little reaching highs of 74° in September to lows of 48° in December. Cool winters stretch from December to February with the coldest of 50° occurring in January. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Hollywood, CA corporate apartment.
Being in Hollywood, CA corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Hollywood’s interesting history by reading our brief summary provided below.Hollywood began its existence as an agricultural community. It was originally called the Cahuenga Valley and was later renamed by HJ Whitley, the Father of Hollywood. Hollywood was prosperous even while the rest of the cities, including Los Angeles, were facing a real estate bust. Hollywood's growth began attracting more city activity and soon, a hotel, the Glen Holly Hotel, was built, followed by the Hollywood Hotel in 1905.Hollywood was finally incorporated as a municipality in 1903 and immediately after banned liquor in the city, except for medicinal purposes. Hollywood then merged with Los Angeles in 1910, changing its main street, Prospect Avenue, into Hollywood Boulevard.The motion picture industry began in Hollywood in 1912 when D.W. Griffith decided to make a motion picture in Hollywood. The movie was titled In Old California and ran for 17 minutes. The irony is that Hollywood had banned movie studios before the annexation by LA, but that ban no longer existed after the annexation. A short time after the first movie, studios by Paramount, Warner Bros, RKO and Columbia were set up in Hollywood.
Places to Eat Near Hollywood Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Hollywood, CA furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents like dining out every now and then. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Delphine on Hollywood Blvd.: Delphine's is designed to be classy and sophisticated in its decor, ambiance, drinks and even food. The service is simple yet charming, and the food is presented in exquisite detail. It can be pricey if one is not used to Hollywood dining.
- The Griddle Cafe on Sunset Blvd.: The Griddle is known for its full breakfasts and brunch menus. They do serve lunch and dinner as well, but their breakfast is most popular among the locals. Waffles and pancakes are the heavy favorites here, and the portions are huge. There is great value on all the items on the menu.
- Musso and Frank Grille on Hollywood Blvd: This restaurant is almost a century old. They still do it the old fashion way, with attention to detail and quality of experience and food above everything else. They are one of the few places that take extreme pride in the food they serve - from taste to presentation.
- El Floridita on Vine St.: There is food, a bar, music and a dance floor. The food is authentically Cuban with the typical flavors and textures. The music gets you tapping as you enjoy the tastes. It's a clean place with good food but not as polished as some of the other places in town.
- Wood & Vine on Hollywood Blvd.: This is a simple restaurant that serves comfort food at slightly higher prices. The service is excellent, and the attention to detail here is evident. The food is consistent, with quality ingredients and preparation. The servings come in small sizes. The bar serves the usual cocktails and beer.
Things to do in Hollywood
Stepping out of your Hollywood, CA temporary housing is bound to offer you with many interesting activities. We have listed a few entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Hollywood, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Hollywood, CA that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: The Hollywood Museum is the most extensive museum in the world to hold the various memorabilia that Hollywood has produce in the last 100 years. From Michael Jackson to Silence of the Lambs, the number of exhibits of Tinsel Town will astonish you.
- Theater: The Pantages Theater is located on Hollywood Blvd and features performances like the “Lion King”, “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat,” and other fabulous performances, both classical and contemporary.
- Shopping: Hollywood and Highland Center is unlike regular malls because it has high end shopping with stores like Louis Vuitton as well as other regular shopping. It also has exquisite dining like Cabo Wabo, and it also has Nightlife entertainment from Dolby Theater.
- Golf: One of the best places to play golf in Hollywood is at the Hollywood Beach Resort. It is a championship par 70 course with 19 holes designed by Donald Ross in 1924. The course is part of a 110 acre facility that has a clubhouse and amenities.
- Parks: The Hollywood Recreation Center located on Cole Ave is a public park with full facilities. There is an auditorium, basketball courts, both indoors and out, children's play area and paths for hiking.
Request a Quote