Homestead FL Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Another major driver of the economy is the location of military installations in close proximity. The Homestead Air Reserve Base is located in Homestead and the Homestead Air Force Base is located just east of the city. These two installations drive support services inside Homestead. The community that serves the military installations performs an important role in facilitating the smooth operation of the base, from a civilian perspective. This, in return injects significant revenue into the city.
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Homestead, FL corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Homestead Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Homestead and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Homestead, FL for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Homestead is located in one of Florida’s busy and congested county’s, Miami-Dade County. The spillover effect of the rest of Miami makes real estate here one of the drivers of the Homestead economy. Homestead has seen some of the most rapid growth rates since after it was devastated by Hurricane Andrew. In the aftermath, and coupled with the shortage of land in the Miami area, Homestead saw large growth rates in new homes being built and an appreciating property market.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Homestead, FL furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Homestead experiences a tropical climate with the Atlantic to its east. High temperatures vary through the year, between highs in the mid 70s in January to highs in the 80s and 90s in June July and August. Summer lows are in the mid to low 70s and between December and March, temperatures can reach a low in the mid 50s. Thunderstorms are a daily occurrence in the summer and there is risk of hurricanes in September and October. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Homestead, FL corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Homestead, FL corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Homestead’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.
Homestead is the second oldest city in the Miami-Dade area after Miami. It was incorporated in 1913. When the Florida East Coast Railway was planned surveyors were sent out to map the area. The end of the railway line that was still being built stopped in an area that was designated as an area for homesteading. The construction camp didn't have a name and so it became known as Homestead Country. Eventually people truncated the name and it just became known as Homestead.
In 1992, Hurricane Andrew devastated this town, more than any other town in its path. The sheer magnitude of the devastation resulted in total loss. The city began rebuilding immediately after, and the growth was robust. Because of the lack of land area in the Miami-Dade area, whatever was getting put up for sale, was getting snatched up and built upon. While Andrew had devastated a community, it had simultaneously given reason to rebuild a new town.
Places to Eat Near Homestead Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Homestead, FL furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Golden Corral on S Dixie Hwy: The Golden Corral is well known for its buffets and salad bars. The one here has good staff and friendly hosts. The kitchen is fast and the bartender is well trained. The price is comparable to most buffet places but the selection is definitely better.
- Rosita's Restaurant on W Palm Dr: The service here can get a little slow, but they make up for it with great attitude and accommodating nature. The food is certainly well prepared and portioned generously. Ingredients and preparation are fresh with an eye always on quality. The food is presented and flavored as home cooked, without the commercial tastes of a restaurant.
- Capri Restaurant on S Krome Ave: Capri serves fresh seafood, flavored in a light and delicate way with the intention to elevate the flavor of the seafood. Service is spotless and attention is always paid to the customer, without fail. Nice ambiance in the dining hall, with simple decor.
- Sonny's Real Pit Bar-B-Q on S Dixie Hwy: Good value combined with fast and efficient service. It's location is also great for those traveling. It makes a great stop. The menu is well designed, and the kitchen does a good job of managing taste and speed.
- Mutineer Restaurant on SE 1st Ave: It's a good place to go on the way to the races at HMS. The Gorgonzola Steak Sandwich is a local favorite and there are more than a few beers on tap from local microbreweries.
Things to do in Homestead, FL
Stepping out of your Homestead, FL temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Homestead, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Homestead, FL that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: Coral Castle Museum on S Dixie Parkway is an awe inspiring tour of chiseled stone monument sand blocks that were moved and shaped by one man. His secret remained with him, about how he moved all those boulders and shaped them.
- Theater: The South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center is a multi-faceted performance theater is a state of the art theater that presents popular shows throughout the year. From Symphonies to Cabarets and Broadway performances the shows are widely eclectic.
- Shopping: The best shopping you will find in Homestead is at the Homestead Town Square on Homestead Blvd. There is a Marshall's and Blockbuster as well as Taco Bell, Papa John's and a Foot Locker.
- Golf: The Keys Gate Golf and Country Club is a challenging course that has a number of other activities for those who want to do more than just golf. There is even fishing at the many lakes that surround the course. However, the golf here is serious business with a challenging championship par 72 course.
- Parks: The Homestead Bayfront Park has a manmade beach. There are boats and canoes that you could rent to go out on the water. There are lifeguards on duty for safety as well. There are even RV hookups.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Homestead area including Leisure City, Florida City, Modello, Naranja, and Homestead Air Reserve Base.
Request a Quote