Jacksonville FL Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Jacksonville, FL corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Jacksonville Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Jacksonville and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Jacksonville, FL for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Jacksonville serves an important purpose in the US economy. It is the second largest port on the Atlantic coast, and the largest deep sea port in the South. This makes Jacksonville a hub of import and export and the largest point of entry for imported vehicles in the United States. The advanced transportation infrastructure across land, sea and air also make it a natural logistics hub. In order to keep ahead of economic cycles the city has diversified its industry to fortify its transportation and logistics industries.The new up and coming areas of commerce and industry include finance, biomedical technology, manufacturing and retail. The growth of Jacksonville from the old world business model and the new world technology businesses have earned the city the reputation of being one of the top three US cities to relocate to find a job, and remains in the top ten cities having the fastest growth rates in the country.There is also a Naval Air Station just south of the city that employs over 20,000 military and civilian personnel. This population also provides a stable revenue stream to the city's coffers.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Jacksonville, FL furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Jacksonville's weather is influenced by its location on the Atlantic seacoast, close to the tropical waters of the south Atlantic. Spring arrives early in February with highs reaching 68°. Temperatures continue escalating to a high in summer of 92°, and it stays warm until a slight cooling to 73° in November. Winter is brief, with temperatures falling to 43 in December and 41 in January. Highest precipitation occurs in August. Summer thunderstorms are a daily occurrence. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Jacksonville, FL corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Jacksonville, FL corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Jacksonville’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.Jacksonville occupies an area that is distinguished from the rest of the United States by the fact that it supports theories of some of the oldest records of civilization. There is evidence of human civilizations here dating back to 2500 BC.Prior to the European colonization of the content, the area was inhabited by the Mocama tribe, an offshoot of the Timucua people from the Saturiwa Chiefdom. When the Europeans arrived, the Saturiwa people were congregated in the vicinity of the St Johns River. The River was first charted by Jean Ribault in 1562, followed by Rene Goulaine de Laudonniere's establishment of the first European (French) settlement, Fort Caroline, near the main Saturiwa village.The Spanish from Fort St Augustine attacked the French at Fort Caroline in 1562, killing all the French soldiers and renaming it Fort San Mateo. In 1763, Florida was handed to the British, then returned to the Spanish when the British lost the Revolutionary War.
Places to Eat Near Jacksonville Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Jacksonville, FL furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Restaurant Orsay on Park St.: Orsay is a traditional, upscale French restaurant with authentic tastes and classic decor. The waiters are well trained and take great pride in the culinary heritage of the French. The prices are steeper than usual. The food is sumptuous but comes in small portions.
- Matthews Restaurant on Hendricks Ave: Matthews is most suitable for dinners and presents an unpretentious atmosphere of upscale dining. The staff is refined and service is prompt and courteous. The food comes in medium portions and is priced on the high side. There is a full bar with inventive cocktails made by knowledgeable bartenders. Matthews has a dress code.
- Peony Asian Bistro on Old St Augustine Rd.: Peony's offers modern Chinese cuisine catered for a diverse palette. They are open every day except Tuesday. It's a well suited place for lunch and dinners. The bar only offers wine and beer, and the dining room supports a casual environment. The local favorite is the Peking Duck. Food comes in large portions, and sharable plates.
- BB's on Hendricks Ave: BB's is a gem of a restaurant according to most locals. They serve inventive Americana fusion, that's refreshingly different from everyday fare. The Warm Goats Cheese Salad is appetizing and the Bread Pudding is a fine example of the popular desserts. Dress code is casual here and they have a full bar.
- Maggianos Little Italy on Midtown Parkway: A casual Italian bistro that focuses on the tastes and experiences. They are closed on Tuesdays and have a loud and energetic atmosphere. On holidays or weekends, make a reservation. It gets crowded very early.
Things to do in Jacksonville
Stepping out of your Jacksonville, FL temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to your tastes.
Whatever you are coming to Jacksonville for, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Jacksonville, FL that is perfectly adjusted to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museums: The Jacksonville Maritime Heritage Centre on North Laura St is part of the University of North Florida. It is one of the largest centers in the Southeast in terms of its contemporary art collection. Here, you will find the latest in innovative methods and interpretations by local, regional and International artists.
- Performing Arts: The Times Union Center for the Performing Arts on Water St is the premier location for classical and contemporary performances. They showcase local and visiting orchestras and the Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra, as well as ballet performances from the likes of the Rudolph Nureyev State Ballet.
- Golf: Mill Cove Golf Club on Monument Rd is a Par 71 course featuring 18 holes with a slope rating of 132. It was designed by Arnold Palmer to appeal to all skill levels. The club also has golf lessons and clinics. The greens are some of the finest in all of Florida.
- Parks: The Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens is a place that needs more than one day to get the full effect. There is a walking safari through the zoo and interactive audio visual presentations. There are displays of animals in their habitat and opportunities to watch animals close up.
Request a Quote