Jersey City Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home offers a broad variety of Jersey City corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized for you in your desired area.
Jersey City Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize newcomers to life in Jersey City, NJ and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Jersey City NJ corporate housing residents in town on business might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Jersey City's economic drivers are based on three diverse commercial activities. First, Jersey City is the choice destination for major Wall Street firms exiting the lower Manhattan area and moving in to Exchange Place in Jersey City. Second, it has an increasing population that is weighing on the side of white collar professionals who work in New York City but live in Jersey City for its lower rental rates and efficient transportation. Third, Jersey City is a transportation hub that combines rail, water, air transportation within a small geographic footprint.Of the three economic factors, the largest benefit and economic profit is derived from the logistics and transportation activities that include rail lines that transport people and cargo throughout the northeastern corridor. In terms of water transportation, some are used to ferry people across the Hudson River and include Water Taxis as well as Cruises. Newark Liberty Airport is close by as is LaGuardia Airport, JFK Airport, and Teterboro (for private jets). As for surface transport, the various turnpikes and interstate systems connect the entire eastern seaboard and to the western areas inland.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Jersey City furnished apartment is dependent on the local climate. Jersey City has four distinct seasons and a warm humid summer influenced by its location on the eastern coast. Spring warms up quickly to reach average highs of 50°F in March, and continues climbing to a summer peak of 86° in July, then stretches to October's high of 67°. Fall descends lower 38° in November and gets to lows of 17° in January, which is the coldest month of the year. . So, be sure to dress according to the climate outside and then venture out of your Jersey City corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Jersey City corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Jersey City’s history by reading our cursory historical summary provided below.The Jersey City area was originally occupied by the Lenape Tribe, referred to as the Delaware Indians. The Dutch were among the first to arrive under the Dutch West India Company and created a new Province in June 1623, officially creating New Netherlands.During the Revolutionary War, the British controlled what is now New York. After the Declaration of Independence, a major battle, the Battle of Paulus Hook, took place here. When the war ended, Alexander Hamilton and other prominent statesmen and patriots developed the area that is now Jersey City. Jersey City's prominence also grew as the Underground Railroad led to the city and became a symbol of freedom for many who took up the journey.The City of Jersey was incorporated by legislative force of the New Jersey State Legislature in 1820. For most of that time following its incorporation, Jersey City thrived as a dock along the river and a manufacturing city. The constant influx of immigrants through nearby Ellis Island, which is part of Jersey City, fueled the industry and prosperity of business here with the seamlessly unlimited supply of labor.
Places to Eat Near Jersey City Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Jersey City furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Andrea Salumeria on Central Ave: Andrea's is a popular Italian deli in Jersey City. They are open from breakfast to late afternoon serving fresh cold cuts and imported mozzarella. They provide delivery service to the immediate area and take out is always an option. Its best suited for lunch, but that can get crowded.
- ME Casa on Varick St: Me Casa servers authentic Puerto Rican dishes in a clean and festive environment. There is free WiFi and parking is convenient. Prices are affordable and the portions are average.
- Razza Pizza Artigianale on Grove St: Authentic Italian pizzas served in a trendy environment. The restaurant offers indoor and alfresco seating with a full bar inside. It is crowded during dinner, and has a full bar that serves cocktails. The favorites here are the Pizzas, especially the thin crusts.
- Kraverie on Mercer St: Kraveries is an authentic Korean restaurant with a certain American twist. Imagine Kimchi Fries. The prices here are affordable and the dining is casual with some outdoor seating. There is no alcohol on the premises. They serve lunch and dinner.
- Confucius Asian Bistro on Washington Blvd: This is a Chinese restaurant with modern Americanized tastes, yet serving familiar traditional favorites like the General Tso Chicken and the Hot and Sour Soup. Try the Jellyfish Salad. The restaurant also has a full bar and outdoor seating.
Things to do in Jersey City
Stepping out of your Jersey City temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Jersey City, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a Jersey City furnished apartment that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museums: The Liberty Science Center is a highly interactive place where you can work and feel almost everything on display. There is an IMAX theater here that features a number of shows daily. Other things on display through the year include transportation, natural history and sports.
- Performing Arts: The Landmark Loew's Jersey Theater is as historic as it is grand. They frequently showcase jazz and swing concerts, as well as country and folk music. There are even Independent films screened here and musicals and stage dramas throughout the year.
- Golf: Liberty National Golf Course in Jersey City is etched in the side of Jersey City coastline. It has undulating hills and rolling fairways set beside a shoreline of gently crashing waves. The course was designed by Tome Kite and Bob Cupp. It was built in 2006 and features 18 holes.
- Parks: The Liberty State Park is open daily between 6am and 10 pm. They offer eco tours of the Hudson River that can be taken via kayak. There is, of course, Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty. There are numerous walking paths and trails around the park that give spectacular views of the Statue, Ellis Island, the Hudson River and downtown Manhattan skyline.
Request a Quote