Kennesaw GA Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Kennesaw, GA corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Kennesaw Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Kennesaw and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Kennesaw, GA for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Kennesaw's economy is based on a residential platform and the services required to keep the community functioning. Most of the inhabitants work in the Greater Atlanta Metropolitan area and commute to and from. Another stream of revenue is the business of tourism. Hotels, food and beverage form a large part of the influx of dollars, especially when the tourist infrastructure in Atlanta is at its peak and there is an overflow to the peripheral towns like Kennesaw. As far as academics, there is economic benefit from the Kennesaw State University that is located just outside the city. Students and faculty largely go to Kennesaw for services and lodging.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Kennesaw, GA furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Kennesaw's weather is classified as subtropical, meaning it gets humid and warm in the summer. Spring comes early, with highs of 64°F in March and continues climbing to a summer peak of 89° in July. Summers are humid with afternoon thunderstorms that cool the temperatures to lows in the late evening to an average of 67°. Winter lows average 30° in January. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Kennesaw, GA corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Kennesaw, GA corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Kennesaw’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.Kennesaw owes its beginnings to the Western Atlantic Railroad that was built in the area in the early 19th century when Georgia's Legislature authorized the rail line through Cobb County, stretching from Atlanta to Cartersville. Along the route, one location became an obvious location to house workers for a variety of reasons. The community started as a shanty town and was originally called the Big Grade to the Shanties. That was in turn then shortened to Big Shanty Grade and then finally to Big Shanty. The name Kennesaw came about much later from the Cherokee Indian word for cemetery.During the Civil War, Big Shanty soon rose to prominence as its location, rail access and fresh water led to the decision to set up Camp McDonald nearby. This served as a training camp for Confederate soldiers. The rail provided easy access for supplies and arriving recruits. Eventually Big Shanty also served as a supply base.Kennesaw's prosperity, after long periods of muted growth and epidemics of scarlet fever and smallpox, came in the early 1900s when cotton provided the city with increasing revenue. The new economic engine resulted in stores and banks opening. The prosperity lasted till the 1950s when the last of the cotton gins shuttered and the banks closed.
Places to Eat Near Kennesaw Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Kennesaw, GA furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Caper's on Main St: Caper's is an American bistro serving new age recipes. It's a restaurant primarily suitable for dinner, although lunch is served as well. Casper's has a full bar and well-trained bartenders. There is WiFi on the premises, and the dress code here is casual. Regular patrons recommend almost everything on the menu with special favor towards the Strawberry Pound Cake for dessert.
- Big Shanty Smokehouse on Cherokee St: The Smokehouse is a well known barbecue restaurant in Kennesaw. They are famous for their Pulled Pork and Brisket. No alcohol is served on the premises. Dressing is casual, and it is well suited for lunch or dinner.
- The Rotisserie Shop on George Busbee Parkway: Rotisserie serves home-style cooking with items like Garlic Broccoli and Mashed Potatoes. There are some southern dishes including Pulled Pork and some roast items. There is an outdoor patio for dining and its gets crowded in the evenings. It is suitable for lunch and dinner.
- Papi's on Chastain Rd: Chastain's serves Cuban and Caribbean flavors. They are authentic when it comes to the tastes and presentation set in a casual environment. The favorites here include the Ropa Vieja Sandwich and the Cuban Sandwich.
- Kuroshio Sushi Bar and Grill on W Barrettt Pkwy: Kuroshio's specializes in sushi. Most of the sushi offerings are flavorful and served in average portions. All the waiters are well trained and know the subtle differences between one sushi and the next. The tastes are consistent and the prices are moderate.
Things to do in Kennesaw
Stepping out of your Kennesaw, GA temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Kennesaw, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Kennesaw, GA that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museums: The Southern Museum of Civil War and Locomotive History located in Cherokee St is the current location of the state's famous locomotive engine, the General, that was stolen and then returned to Georgia. The history of this town is closely tied to the railroad, and that story is exhibited here.
- Performing Arts: The Kennesaw State University Theater puts on student performances throughout the year, including summers. They cover various genres, from dance to plays and musicals.
- Golf: Pinetree Country Club is a traditional private course that has been around for half a century. They offer an 18-hole course designed by Bill Bergen that meanders through picturesque rolling hills delivering 7,108 yards of par 72 championship play amidst brooks and Georgia pines and glistening ponds.
- Parks: Swift-Cantrell Park on Old 41 Highway offers visitors two playgrounds, picnic pavilions, an asphalt trail around the perimeter and a dog park. There are other amenities including restrooms and water fountains spread across the park as well.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Kennesaw area including Marietta, Woodstock, Acworth, Sandy Springs, Mountain Park, Cobb County, Atlanta Metro.
Request a Quote