Kensington PA Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect ChoiceThe city's former industries, which occupied the area, left behind large factories and buildings which have now been converted and are used for local businesses are the subject of plans to revitalize the city by offering artisan lofts for new 21st century businesses in high tech and art to occupy these spaces. The proximity to Philadelphia and the ease of transport to Newark and New York City make this an ideal location for future growth.
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Kensington, PA corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Kensington Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Kensington and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Kensington, PA for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Kensington’s economy is driven primarily by the service sector that caters to the residents of this Philadelphia suburb. Located merely a few miles northeast of downtown Philadelphia, Kensington is a diverse neighborhood with populations ranging from Irish Americans, Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, Italian Americans and Polish Americans. There are a number of restaurants and grocery stores that cater to the ethnic flavor of the neighborhood.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Kensington, PA furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Kensington's climate is influenced by the proximity to the Atlantic Ocean in the east and enjoys four seasons. Spring is mostly mild, with March temperatures averaging 33°F. Highs on the spring are reached in April. Summers are increasingly warm and humid, with temperatures peaking at 85° in July, while September temperatures fall to 75° and on to 35° in November. Winter sees snowfall between December and March, with January being the coldest month. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Kensington, PA corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Kensington, PA corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Kensington’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.Kensington derives its name from the a town in England. From the early times of its industrial prominence, Kensington has always been a migrant city, with most arriving for the job opportunities that the industries here offered. This happened as far back as the 17th century, when the town was involved in ship building; then it became a fisherman's village, then on to becoming a steel and iron manufacturing city. From there it grew to become a center for steam machinery. All these industries relied heavily on manual labor, prior to automation, and attracted immigrants who arrived in nearby New York to come here in search of a livelihood.Its last industrial prominence was as the leading textile center in the north until the mid 20th century. The textile specialization in this area was dominated by carpet manufacture. With the prevalence of mechanization and automation, the carpet factories here and in the surrounding area fell victim to modernization and soon lost their competitive edge to newer manufacturing entities. The exodus of these companies saw the emigration of large numbers of residents and the eventual shrinking of the city.
Places to Eat Near Kensington Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Kensington, PA furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Green Rock Tavern on E Lehigh Ave: Green Rock is a traditional American Pub with a full bar and good food. It is crowded on the weekends till closing time. Prices are average, and on some items, even lower. Servings are larger than usual and tastes are authentically Italian American. Pierogies are the local favorite.
- Hinge Cafe on E Sommerset St: Hinge serves food from breakfast through dinner. They have a good selection of coffee and is famous for their Monte Cristo. The other favorite here is the Pumpkin Pierogies and the Eggnog. Breakfast items are available all day. Service is pleasant and quick.
- Memphis Taproom on E Cumberland St: The Memphis has a full bar in addition to the tap room that has an extensive draft selection and even greater selection of bottled beer. The best nights to come here is Tuesday, Fridays and Saturdays. There is always good music and the crowds are always energized. The food is inventive with items like Vegan Smoked Coconut and Peanut Butter Pie.
- Jovan's Place on E York St: Jovan's is a typical American style cafe with Austrian heritage. They serve a number of comfort foods including stuffed cabbage and spinach with mashed potatoes. The Schnitzel is the local specialty. The food takes some time to get to the table, because its prepared from scratch. Portions are large and prices are fair.
- Syrenka Luncheonette: Syrenka is a Polish restaurant with some of the Polish American favorites on the menu. There is a huge Polish influence in Kensington and that is evident here. The Golabki here is a favorite, and so are the potato pancakes.
Things to do in Kensington, PA
Stepping out of your Kensington, PA temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Kensington, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Kensington, PA that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museums: The Battleship, U.S.S New Jersey is located on Clinton St. The ship was originally built at the Philadelphia Naval Yard then retired here across the river. The New Jersey is the most decorated and longest serving battleship in the history of the US Navy. Visitors are given access to most parts of the ship during their visit.
- Performing Arts: The Trocadero Theater on Arch St is famous for its live music performances and indie culture. Many of the local bands come here to get their sounds and styles recognized and there is a lot of talent in the area showcased here.
- Malls: The Port Richmond Village Shopping Center on Aramingo Ave has a number of storefronts set across a large parking lot. From Thriftway for groceries to Pep Boys as well as Foot Locker this village has a lot to offer. There are a number of fast food chains in the vicinity and conveniences as well.
- Golf: Juniata Golf Course on E Cayuga St is an 18-hole, Par 66 public course that is spread across 66 acres besides Tacony Creek Park. The Course was designed for easy play and to attract a larger crowd. The Men's Championship tee plays 2945 yards on the front nine and 2330 on the back nine.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Kensington area including Downtown Philadelphia and the following neighborhoods: Spring Garden, Point Breeze, Stenton, Mantua, Grays Ferry, Belmont, Elmwood, Richmond, Stenton, Juniata, and Kensington.
Request a Quote