Laguna Beach CA Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Laguna Beach, CA corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Laguna Beach Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Laguna Beach and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Laguna Beach, CA for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Laguna Beach is driven primarily by tourism and as such the city’s revenue is derived from hotels, food & beverage, entertainment and other tourist related businesses. An estimated 3 million people visit the area annually, keeping the 22 hotels, motel, bed and breakfast and resort properties occupied during most of the year and accounting for approximately 13% of the city’s revenue. Restaurants, almost 70 of them, bring in close to 35% of the city’s sales tax and account for a major portion of the part time employment market for the locals. Tourism driven retail is also a major economic driver here.
The arts community in Laguna Beach contributes heavily to the city’s economy with almost 80 galleries showcasing art from local and regional artists.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Laguna Beach, CA furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Laguna Beach experiences a Mediterranean climate with warm humid summers and cool winters. Spring is mild with temperatures between 68°F in March and 71° in May. Summers warm up to a peak of 77°F in July. Fall temperatures reach average highs of 76° in October, then cools marginally to lows averaging 48° in November. Winters are mild, stretching from December to February with lows in the 40s. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Laguna Beach, CA corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Laguna Beach, CA corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Laguna Beach’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.Paleoindians were among the first traceable inhabitants in the Laguna Beach area. Archeological evidence included a fossilized skull of Paloindian known as Laguna Woman. However,in more recent history, it was the Tongva tribe and people that were the indigenous people of Laguna Beach. The Tongva people, originally from as far south as Mexico, became part of the United States following the Mexican-American War. When the war ended in 1848, the area was ceded to the United States and a treaty drafted that included stipulations that all prior Mexican land grants be honored.Rancho San Joaquin, including parts of Laguna Beach, was granted to José Antonio Andres Sepúlveda who later sold his property to James Irvine. At the time, settlers who were granted up to 160 acres of land, were granted benefits under the Homestead Act and Timber Culture Act, on the condition that they would have to plant 40 acres of trees required by the act.Laguna Beach was settled in the 1870s, officially founded in 1887 and incorporated as the City of Laguna Beach in 1927.
Places to Eat Near Laguna Beach Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Laguna Beach, CA furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Studio Restaurant on Coast Hwy: Studio serves modern French cuisine with a Californian influence. They are famous for their fresh sea foods and meats along with artisan cheese. The restaurant is lavishly decorated.They have a full bar and accept reservations. Try the Sea Bass. Studio is closed on Mondays It has a beautiful location with a breathtaking view.
- Carmelita’s on Broadway St: Carmelita is known for its Mexican dishes and popular for dinners. The ambiance is energetic and classy, great music and refined decor. The Ceviche, Enchiladas and tortilla soup are favorites here.
- Mare Culinary Lounge on S Coast Hwy: Mare is an intimate, chic and a popular place for martinis and appetizers. The décor is rather trendy and adds to the effect while the menu us imaginative. There is a jazz band almost every night at the bar.
- Fine Japanese Cuisine on S Coast Hwy: A simple yet classy Japanese restaurant with a menu that is extensive. From rolls, to sushi and other authentic specialties. Try the Lobster Dynamite, or the Chilean Sea Bass baked with Misoyaki. The restaurant is crowded on most nights and reservations are encouraged.
- Tabu Grill on S Coast Hwy: Tabu is a small yet popular hangout serving grilled menus and cocktails. There is a full bar that compliments the finger foods. The tasting menu is popular. They maintain a diverse wine cellar, offering Californian and an array of wines from over 12 different countries.
Places to visit In Laguna Beach, CA
Stepping out of your Laguna Beach, CA temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Laguna Beach, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Laguna Beach, CA that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: The Laguna Art Museum on Cliff Dr. is open every day except Wednesday. Its mission is to exhibit works created by local artists especially depicting what they define to be the east coast style. Entrance fee is $7.
- Theater: The Laguna Playhouse on Laguna Canyon Rd. is a small venue that offers patrons a broad selection of plays, musicals and visiting performances.
- Parks: Heisler Park on Cliff Dr. The view is beautiful where parking is convenient. Gorgeous with sweeping views of the ocean and lovely grass areas to picnic or let the kids play.
Request a Quote