Lansing MI Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect ChoiceThe Otto E. Eckert Power Plant located along the Grand River, is the largest power plant maintained and operated by Lansing Board of Water and Light. This plant also provides steamed and chilled water services to the city and the surrounding areas.Four major national insurance companies, Jackson National Life, Michigan Millers Insurance Company, Auto-Owners Insurance Company, and the Accident Fund are based in Lansing.As for Hi-technology, there are facilities and offices are scattered across Lansing, and on its borders, and Delta townships. General Motors is one of the remaining companies that still represents automobile manufacturing. The city is currently stemming the decline of automobile manufacturing by attracting biotechnology and information technology to fill the job and city revenue vacuum.
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Lansing, MI corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Lansing Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Lansing and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Lansing, MI for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Government administration, education, healthcare and automobile manufacturing, are the key contributors to Lansing’s economy. Residents employed in the region, mostly work for the State of Michigan and tertiary educational institutions like Michigan State University and Lansing Community College. Other tertiary institutions include the Thomas M Cooley Law School which is considered one of the largest in the country. Western Michigan University, Davenport University Great Lakes Christian College and Central Michigan University are also in Lansing.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Lansing, MI furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Lansing has a continental climate throughout the year, influenced by its geographic position along the lakes which also gives it a humid climate during the warm months. Its cool spring presents temperatures between 44°F in March to 68° in May. Summers are characterized by temperatures reaching 82° in July. Fall temperatures average 60° in October, then cools down to lows of 16° in January. Highest rainfall averaging 12 inches occurs in April. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Lansing, MI corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Lansing, MI corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Lansing’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.Hugh Heward discovered the land along the Grand River that is part of Lansing today. 37 years later, the area was surveyed and a township organized. The area, originally a thick forest, was then identified and plots of land were ready for sale in 1830.Being a dense forest, it was a challenge to set up roads and trails, which took some time to arrive. Two conmen from New York started to sell land in the marshland neighboring Lansing. More than a dozen people were fooled into the purchase only to find land that was underwater most of the year when they arrived. Most were too disappointed to get on the trail again so they set up their homes in the nearby area, close to the Grand River. All the people that had been cheated by the two conmen were from Lansing, NY and they soon named this are by the Grand River, Lansing as well.
Places to Eat Near Lansing Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Lansing, MI furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Cheddars on W Saginaw Hwy: Cheddars is a decent restaurant for traditional American food. They offer full menu and a variety of alcoholic beverages. They serve breakfast all day at affordable prices. Private parking is available and they accept reservations. Try the Onion Rings with salad on the side.
- The Knight Cap on E Michigan Ave: The Knight Cap is an elegant and expensive steakhouse with intimate dinners. They also offer French cuisine along with extensive list of wine, beer and cocktails. The restaurant is open six days a week but they start from 4:00 pm on Saturdays. Credit cards and reservation are accepted here and this place is good for lunch and dinner.
- El Oasis on E Michigan Ave: It is a pocket friendly food stand which offers authentic Mexican food. Service is quick and they are open 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM, Mon – Sat, and from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM on a Sunday. Try the chicken and beef tacos.
- Piazzano’s on N Grand River Ave: It is a comfortable Italian restaurant where they offer delicious breakfasts and brunches along with classic Italian food. This place offers a full bar, catering and banquet hall facility at reasonable prices. They also have private bar for special occasions. Try Corned Beef Hash and Spinach Frittata.
- Zoup! On S Washington Sq: Zoup specializes in soups, and is popular for its delicious sandwiches and salads as well. They offer a casual and comfortable ambiance. Their daily menu offers 12 different hand-crafted, vegetable soups with a variety of salads. Wi-Fi is free here and parking is convenient. The Thai soup and Lobster Bisque here are popular.
Things to do in Lansing MI
Stepping out of your Lansing, MI temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Lansing, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Lansing, MI that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: The Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum is located on E Circle Dr in East Lansing in a building that is new and quite modern in appearance. They keep on rotating exhibitions and have a broad collection local art pieces. This place is open six days a week and closed on Mondays.
- Park: The Hawk Island County Park is located on E Cavanaugh Rd. This place is good for walking/running, swimming and boating. There are beautiful beaches and several amenities like, bike trail, running track, and dirt trail. Fishing is also allowed. Families often visit here for picnic or informal get-togethers.
- Theater: Wharton Center for Performing Arts is located on Bough St. It is an elegantly decorated place and is pricey. Light and sound systems are nicely in place. Seating arrangement is comfortable and refreshments are available on reasonable price. This place is a local favorite for the drama, musicals and live concerts. Parking is easily available at nominal price.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Lansing area including East Lansing, Dewitt, Williamston, Battle Creek, Ionia, Ann Arbor.
Request a Quote