Lawrenceville GA Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect ChoiceHowever, the economic dependence of the city changed after the Civil war and continued to play an important role in the housing market and retail industry supplying residents of the town with conveniences. The industries that drive the city today include construction, real-estate and retail aimed primarily at the consumer market with some level of B2B.In the last few years corporate relocation, on a small scale, has seen the setting up of offices that take advantage of the proximity to Atlanta and the lower cost of a suburb. In line with this light industries have taken root, alongside warehouses and logistics companies that serve the Atlanta-Hartsfield traffic. Cisco Systems is also based in the vicinity and so is Atlanta Biological.
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Lawrenceville, GA corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Lawrenceville Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Lawrenceville and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Lawrenceville, GA for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Lawrenceville is one of the oldest cities in the Atlanta Metropolitan area. It is a suburb that functions as one of the most important residential townships for those primarily working and commuting in downtown Atlanta and other peripheral satellite cities of Atlanta. It began its existence as a commercially important town, supplying lumber and brick to the development of Atlanta. There were numerous lumber yards and brick kilns in the area at the start of the city’s history. Livestock was also part of its economic engines, as was cotton.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Lawrenceville, GA furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Lawrenceville experiences subtropical climate with warm, humid summers and mild winters. Spring is mild with temperatures between 63°F in March and 79° in May. Summers warm up to a peak of 88°F in July. Fall temperatures reach average highs of 71° in October, then cools marginally to 40° in November. Winters are mild, stretching from December to January with lows in the 30s. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Lawrenceville, GA corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Lawrenceville, GA corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Lawrenceville’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.Lawrenceville was incorporated in 1821 and, unlike most other towns, this was done by the Georgia Assembly. The town's name is in honor of the commander of the Chesapeake in the War of 1812, Commodore James Lawrence. Lawrenceville is the second oldest city in the Atlanta metropolitan area.The city found that its position with the upcoming Atlanta served as a staging area for the development and provided employment for the fledging city. The lumber yards and the brick kilns that provided Atlanta with the wood and brick it needed to build its infrastructure allowed the city to take hold and the railroad that then arrived allowed the city to expand by supplying its labor, wood and brick beyond Atlanta.In modern times Lawrenceville was also the center of the Larry Flint trials. It was one of the city's that brought obscenity charges to Flynt's Hustler magazine.
Places to Eat Near Lawrenceville Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Lawrenceville, GA furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Italian Pie on Lawrenceville Hwy.: Italian Pie is a pizza parlor that offers unique Italian pizzas and recipes. They also have a children’s menu and drive thru. Prices are below average and they are open from 10:30 am – 10 pm daily. Try their pepper lemon wings.
- Local Republic on W Crogan St.: Local Republic is a modern pub that serves a variety of foods and beers. They serve fresh food made from locally and regionally sourced ingredients. Prices are average and they are open every Monday to Saturday from 11 am up to 11 pm. Try their famous Jones burger.
- The George Pine on Scenic Hwy.: George Pine is a full flavored restaurant that serves southern-styled cuisine that is complemented by beer brewed in Georgia and unique cocktails. Most dishes are prepared in a wood-fired oven. Prices are affordable and they are open Tuesday to Sunday from 11am up to 11pm. Try their jalapeño cornbread.
- Taqueria los Hermanos on Sugarloaf Pkwy.: Taqueria los Hermanos is a restaurant that serves traditional Mexican Cuisine since year 2000. They offer different variations to their regular items during lunch and dinner. Prices are average and they are open daily from 11am up to 10pm. Try their shrimp corn chowder.
- Peachtree Café on S Clayton St.: Peachtree café is breakfast and lunch only type of restaurant that mostly serves cakes, eggs, sandwiches and coffee. Prices are cheap and they are open Monday to Sunday from 7 am – 3 pm except Tuesday. Their corned beef hash is popular.
Things to do in Lawrenceville, GA
Stepping out of your Lawrenceville, GA temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Lawrenceville, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Lawrenceville, GA that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: The Southeastern Railway Museum located in Buford Hwy is a museum that displays old trains and modern trains from 1900s up to the 2000s. They also display and replicate old train stations to have a glimpse of the past. There are over 90 pieces of railroad equipment displayed on a 30 acre site.
- Theater: The Aurora Theater is the county's only professional theater outside Atlanta. It showcases a number of plays and musicals through the year, performed by local artists and production houses. The Aurora also conducts walking tours of the city, lead by story tellers.
- Park: The Rhodes Jordan Park located in E Crogan Street has children's playgrounds, a swimming pool, and skating complex. There are also art classes and lessons for the community, similar to a recreation center.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Lawrenceville area including Johns Creek, Duluth, Grayson, Dacula, Auburn, Lilburn, Gwinnett County, Atlanta Metro.
Request a Quote