Little Rock AR Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Little Rock, AR corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Little Rock Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Little Rock and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Little Rock, AR for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Little Rock is the center of the corporate and administrative functions for most of the state of Arkansas which is primarily an agricultural state, including timber and poultry. Outside of Little Rock, most of the state of Arkansas focuses primarily on agriculture, leaving the business end of the spectrum to be concentrated in the city.Primary employment in Little Rock has centered on federal and state governments but there are also a large number of non-profit organizations based in the city, one of which is the global headquarters of the Clinton Global Initiative.Little Rock is also renewing itself by promoting new technology industries including biotechnology. Under the guidance and supervision of the University of Arkansas the industry is beginning to take hold here. The focus is on research, development and the incubation of new companies that are focused on commercializing marketable technology.Another important industry that drives the Little Rock economy is its distribution and logistics. Its location on the Arkansas River makes it a strategic solution for many transportation and logistics businesses.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Little Rock, AR furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Little Rock enjoys a subtropical climate characterized by humid summers. It has mild springs with temperatures ranging between highs of 64°F in March to 81° in May. Summers are characterized by extended warmer periods of peak heat of 92°F occurring in July and August. Fall temperatures reach average highs of 86° in September, then cools down to lows of 53° in October. Winter stretches from December to February with January being the coldest month. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Little Rock, AR corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Little Rock, AR corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Get to know Little Rock’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.The main tribe that inhabited the area that is now Arkansas was the Quapaw tribe that migrated south and settled along the Arkansas River. The Little Rock area was primarily inhabited at the time by Quapaw, and the Aquixo. The Aquixo were advanced farmers and had cultivated the fertile soil of the Little Rock area to a point that even impressed the Spanish, especially De Soto who led the exploration to this area in 1541.When the French arrived in the early 18th century they surveyed the area and named the area La Petite Roche in 1721, which in English, translates to Little Rock. The area was significant because it marked the transition from the flat geography of the delta in the South to the foothills of the mountains moving north.
Places to Eat Near Little Rock Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Little Rock, AR furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- The Capital Bar and Grill on West Markham: The Capital Bar is a traditional upscale restaurant. The setting is cozy and is suitable for intimate dinners or quiet dinners. There is a wide variety of tastes presented in the menu from Pimento Appetizers to Spiced Pecans. Try the Cuban Sandwich. Prices are average and the restaurant is geared for lunch and dinner.
- Whole Hog Cafe on Cantrell Rd: Whole Hog is an inexpensive barbecue restaurant that is famous for their Ribs. The food is served at the counter and there is indoor seating only. You can purchase beer and wine at the counter. Parking is convenient and they are open till 8pm.
- Flying Saucer on President Clinton Ave: Flying Saucer is primarily a bar, but they also serve a full menu, from appetizers to desserts. The beer selection is extensive with domestic craft beers alongside imported varieties. They are open till 1 am or later on most nights. There is free Wi-Fi for customers.
- Acadia Restaurant on Kavanaugh Blvd: Acadia is a Cajun and Creole restaurant that is a little more expensive than regular restaurants. They have an extensive wine selection and it is purposefully crafted to suit the diverse menu. The restaurant is best suited for dinner. There is a dress code. They have outdoor seating. Try the Roast Duck.
- J Gumbo's on Cantrell Rd: J's is an inexpensive Cajun restaurant that serves all the usual delights from Drunken Chicken to Gumbo. It's a fast food environment with a simple dining area and a fast turnover of customers. They offer takeout, and there is private parking for customers.
Things to do in Little Rock, AR
Stepping out of your Little Rock, AR temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for coming to Little Rock, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Little Rock, AR that is exactly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: The William J Clinton Presidential Library located on President Clinton Avenue houses the library as well as the administrative offices of the Clinton Foundation. The library holds numerous documents and artifacts, almost 80,000, and more than 2 million photographs of the 42nd President's time in office. There is even a full scale Oval office that visitors can experience.
- Theater: The Arkansas Repertory Theater, or The Rep, on Main Street was established in 1976. It has produced in excess of 300 performances including comedies, dramas, the classics and plays. Their goal, as a non profit, is to display a range of theatrical work to advance the arts within the Little Rock community.
- Golf: The Hindman Park Golf Course is set on a 103-acre expanse and features 18-holes of challenging play. Rolling terrain characterize the course while the narrow fairways demand precision. The par 72 course rates 71.9 off the Blue Tees with a slope rating of 124.
- Parks: The Allsopp Park in Cedar Hill Road is a heavily wooded park that offers a number of conveniences and amenities including a playground, a basketball pad, two tennis courts, a softball pitch, picnic tables scattered throughout and a pavilion.
Request a Quote