Lombard IL Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect ChoiceTourism has also been part of the growth picture as Chicago's proximity allows tourists to spend the lodging dollar in suburban towns like Lombard while visiting the Lombard are abut also while vacationing in the Chicago area and taking the opportunity to enjoy the cultural attractions of the City.The proximity of the Chicago airport is also a major economic factor to the city. Lilacia Park is one of the famed tourist spots that attract out-of-towners to Lombard in addition to being a suburb of Chicago.
Almost Home Corporate Housing – Lombard
1110 E Woodrow Ave, Lombard, IL 60148
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Lombard, IL corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Lombard Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Lombard and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Lombard, IL for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. The Lombard economy is driven primarily by tourism, and by virtue of its proximity to Chicago and Lake Michigan. The city sustains its economy, additionally, by being a residential community to a commuting workforce that is focused on Chicago and the greater Chicago Metropolitan area.
As such the greatest growth of the area occurs in real estate as well as retail operations. In terms of retail , evidence of growth can be gauged from the number of shops and shopping outlets that have sprouted in the area and have thrived in the post recession years.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Lombard, IL furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Lombard experiences subtropical climate with warm, humid summers and mild winters. Spring is mild with temperatures between 63°F in March and 79° in May. Summers warm up to a peak of 88°F in July. Fall temperatures reach average highs of 71° in October, then cools marginally to 40° in November. Winters are mild, stretching from December to January with lows in the 30s. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Lombard, IL corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Lombard, IL corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Lombard’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.The original inhabitants in the area were the Potawatomi Indian tribe. They had settled all along the Lake shores and along rivers and fertile lands in the area. The land here, slightly west of the lake and long the Du Page River offered rich soil for planting and ready harvest of fish from the river.The Europeans descended on the region after the Babcock brothers made camp along the DuPage along a grove. It came to be called Babcock's Grove. The population here grew, initially, for the same reasons the Indians had settled here - the land was rich and the river provided transportation and fish.Babcock Grove's attraction to settlers was its additional resource of timber in the area, and soon, a thriving community developed. A stage coach line added to the growing population. The ease of transportation to neighboring Chicago was an additional boon to this young town. Lombard, named after a Chicago banker and real-estate developer, was incorporated in 1869.
Places to Eat Near Lombard Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Lombard, IL furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Greek Islands on E 22nd St.: Greek Island uses ingredients, including extra virgin olive oil, wines, cheeses, herbs, directly from Greece. Prices are affordable and they open between 11 am up and 1 am. Try their famous Saganaki and Taramosalata.
- Praga Restaurant on W Charles Rd.: Praga is a modern restaurant serving a variety of European cuisines. They also stock a remarkable collection of domestic and imported wines, some made by a private European lables. Prices are average and they are open from 4:30 to 10 pm every day. Try the Gorgonzola stuffed pearl salad.
- La France Café and Crepes on S Main St.: La France is a restaurant that only serves breakfast and lunch. The popular items here are their designer Coffee and Crepes. Prices are average and they are open from 9 am to 2 pm every day. Try their Nutella crepes with strawberries and banana.
- The Patio Restaurant on S Highland Ave.: The Patio is a restaurant that serves grilled foods like chicken and pork barbecues. Prices are very cheap and affordable. They are open from 10:30 am to 11 pm every day. Try their BBQ Pulled Turkey.
- DMK Burger Bar on Fountain Sq Dr.: DMK’s Burger bar serves burgers, pastas and fries. They also serve beers with a variety of options to choose from. Prices are absolutely cheap and they are open from 11 am to 10 pm every day. Try their famous Lamb burger with feta cheese.
Things to do in Lombard, IL
Stepping out of your Lombard, IL temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Lombard, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Lombard, IL that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museums: The Lizzardo Museum of Lapidary Art, located in Cottage Hill Avenue in Wilder Park is a Museum that displays gemstones, treasures, antiques and a science exhibits. The building itself is designed to resemble a jewel box in a park setting.
- Theaters: The Drury Lane Theater is a gem. It showcases quality shows from classics like Hugo's Les Miserables to contemporary Broadway numbers. The seats are superior with acoustics that are well designed. There is a dining area suitable for dinner before show.
- Parks: The Lilacia Park, located in S Park Ave is a place that has an abundant variety of Lilacs and Tulips. It is also considered as a perfect setting for picnic at the park. It has many fascinating places that you can take a photo of.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Lombard area including Oakbrook, Carol Stream, Villa Park, Glendale Heights, and Glen Ellyn.
Request a Quote