Long Beach CA Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect ChoiceWith the increase of international trade, port operations have shown a steady increase in traffic but the activities of Long Beach are not limited to this. Major manufacturers have set up plants here to take advantage of the shipping convenience that the port and logistics environment affords.Manufacturing here now includes aircraft parts and assemble, home furnishing and even automobile parts and accessories. High ticket companies including Gulfstream and Boeing also maintain a presence here employing a sizable part of the community.Tourism and oil are other areas of importance in the area.
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Long Beach, CA corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Long Beach Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Long Beach and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Long Beach, CA for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Long Beach is a prosperous economy driven almost primarily by its status as a major shipping port for containers. It is ranked among the world’s largest and is the second busiest in the United States.
This port activity gives rise to two other industries, mainly transshipment and logistics as well as warehousing and transportation. The logistics industry which includes all the above areas of business is the primary employer in the area.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Long Beach, CA furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. The city has a Mediterranean climate, with strong semi-arid climate characteristics. Most rainfall occurs during the winter months. Long Beach mostly experience sunny days, which is similar to Southern California . Low clouds and fog occur during summer, which normally develop overnight and blanketing the area in the mornings in Long beach and clears by afternoon. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Long Beach, CA corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Long Beach, CA corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Long Beach’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.Prior to western civilization, the area was inhabited by the Tongva tribe along the coastal and inland areas. The arrival of the Europeans brought strange diseases to which the local tribes were not immune to and resulted in large casualties. The Tongva villages then slowly moved away from the Europeans and were, to some extent, also mushed away by the missions and their intention to proselytize.When the Spanish arrived in the 16th century they named the area Rancho San Pedro, where Long Beach was a part of. Only the western part of Long Beach was in the Rancho San Pedro. Aside from the Spanish, Mormons also arrived here a little later and attempted to set up a colony. The problem however was that land and ownership was demarcated by the rivers that kept changing due to the tides and floods, this caused disputes among landowners that eventually saw the Mormons leave.The other part of Long Beach was a part of Rancho Los Cerritos. This part of the area was purchased by Jotham bixby under the Bixby Land Company. He is credited with being the father, or founder of modern day Long Beach. From his parcel of land, Bixby sold 4000 acres to William Wilmore. Wilmore then subdivided Bixby's land and converted it to a community of farmers, naming it Willmore City. By 1881, Willmore City had taken hold and more buildings had propped up and the town was initially flourishing. Part of the plan was to developme Willmore City into a seaside resort. This eventually failed and the land was sold to the Long Beach Land and Water Company. The city was named Long Beach due to its beach that measured over 81 miles. The City of Long Beach was then reincorporated in 1897.
Places to Eat Near Long Beach Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Long Beach, CA furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Open Sesame on E 2nd St: Open Sesame is an authentic Lebanese restaurant with a long list of vegetarian, vegan and raw food options. This Mediterranean grill is popular for its generous portions of tasty Charbroiled Kabobs, Lamb Chops and Chicken Tawook. They are open daily between 11:00am and 10:30 pm. Dogs are allowed in the establishment.
- Panvimarn Thai Cuisine on Bellflower Blvd Ste C: The Panvimarn encourages online orders and they have an efficient take out service in addition to the spacious dining hall that is crowded on weekends. The bar serves beer and wine only in this moderately priced restaurant. Try their Salmon Teriyaki & Pineapple Fried Rice, or the Prik-King Spicy Green Beans.
- La Parolaccia Osteria Italiana on E Broadway: This Italian restaurant specializes in thick crust, wood fired pizzas prepared from scratch. Their pasta selection is popular as well and so are their authentic creamy desserts. The food here is prepared with a touch of homemade tastes. Try their Cheese Pizza on original crust.
- George’s Greek Cafe on Pine Ave: George's is an authentic Greek diner that feels like a cross between an American greasy spoon diner and an authentic Greek restaurant. Try the Greek Chicken Sandwich that is one of the most popular dishes served. It comes with grilled chicken, olive spread, onion, lettuce, and melted provolone on homemade pita. They also have a large vegetarian selection here. The bar here only serves beer and wine.
- Los Compadres on E Anaheim St: A typical Mexican restaurant with Americanized dishes and Mexican flavors. The tacos are popular here and freshly made. Another specialty here is the Molcajete De Camarones. There is also a full bar that offers a good selection of Margaritas and other south-of -the-border mixed drinks.
Places to go in Long Beach
Stepping out of your Long Beach, CA temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Long Beach, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Long Beach, CA that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: The Museum of Latin American Art on Alamitos Ave is focused on expanding the public's appreciation of modern and contemporary Latin American. It has a series of collections that are rotated throughout the year in a series of exhibitions and educational programs.
- Theaters: The Carpenter Performing Arts Theater is located on Atherton St within the California State University is designed to engage the community with works of performing art created by students and the community.
- Parks: Livingston Drive Park on 2nd St. has a number of public amenities that include vast areas for picnics, and playground equipment for kids.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Long Beach area including Torrance, Anaheim, Rancho Palos Verdes, Costa Mesa, Seal Beach.
Request a Quote