Louisville KY Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Louisville, KY corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
First Time in Louisville, KY
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Louisville and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Louisville, KY corporate housing residents in town on business might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Louisville's economy was at one time based on its strategic central location, in terms of its position on the Ohio River downstream of the Falls. The primary contributing factor currently is that is easily within a day's drive to over 60% of the cities in the contiguous United States. This fact makes it an ideal location as a transfer point for logistics and cargo.As the state moves into the new world and new age economy, the industries that are beginning to take root here are the health care and medical sciences, specially as a center for heart and cancer treatment, surgery and research. With the support of the University of Louisville, top researchers and scientists have relocated here to advance Louisville's prominence in the industry.Louisville is also home to the tobacco industry as well as Bourbon manufacturing where a third of the nation's supply is made. In addition to liquor and tobacco a number of consumer companies are headquartered here including, Texas Roadhouse, UPS Airlines, Papa John's Pizza and Humana, a Fortune 100 company.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Louisville, KY furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Louisville has a subtropical climate that is humid for most of the year. Springs are mild with temperatures ranging between highs of 58°F in March to 77° in May. Summers get a little warmer and peak at 88°F in July. Fall temperatures reach average highs of 81° in September, then cools down to lows of 39° in November. Winter stretches from December to February with January being the coldest month. So, be sure to put on the right clothing and then venture out of your Louisville, KY corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Temporarily residing in Louisville, KY corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Louisville’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.The Falls, or the rapids of the Ohio River was a major reason Louisville came into existence. Because of the Falls, cargo ships heading up the Ohio had to stop in Louisville. The reverse is also true. The Falls were a set of rapids along the Ohio that made the river unnavigable at that time.The city was founded by Col George Rogers Clark in 1778 and named in honor of the French monarch, King Louis XVI in appreciation for his country's help against the British.Louisville served as an important stage of the Civil War, with Union forces firmly entrenched across the state. The city was key to the supply chains in the west and served as recruiting and staging areas for numerous campaigns. Louisville was never directly attacked during the war.Places to Eat in LouisvilleAll of Almost Home’s Louisville, KY furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to try out following restaurants we list below:
- Jack Fry's on Bardstown Rd: Jack's is a pricey restaurant located in the Highlands area. They are open every day for lunch and open till after 10pm on weekends. There is free Wi-Fi for patrons. The restaurant takes reservations but does not deliver. Take out is possible. There is a full bar here and there is plenty of parking on the street or in the private lot close by.
- Harvest Restaurant on E Market St. : Harvest specializes in brunch, but serve lunch and dinner as well, in a trendy and upscale environment that is designed to serve meals that are fresh from the farm. Prices are on the expensive side. Parking is easily accessible and they have a full bar. The favorite here is the Jalapeño Bacon Grits and the Pork Confit.
- Oriental House on Shelbyville Rd: This is a standard Chinese restaurant that offers authentic Asian delicacies from freshly made Dim Sum to Peking Duck. The prices are cheap yet the setting is comfortable and well laid out. They serve lunch and dinner and have a parking lot for customers. The bar only serves a limited selection of wine and beer.
- Charim Korean Restaurant on Oechsli Ave: Charim's is an authentic Korean restaurant that serves a wide assortment of side dishes with every meal, which is the typical Korean style. The food is well flavors and the prices are average making this a good value. Try the Hot Wings and the Jeyuk Bokkeum.
- W.W. Cousins Restaurant on Dupont Rd: This is a wholesome burger and fast food restaurant that specializes in the all-American burger. They have a toppings bar that allows patrons to build their burgers from scratch. Prices are cheap and they serve lunch in addition to dinner. The crowd is casual and they have take-out.
Things to do in Louisville
Stepping out of your Louisville, KY temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous scintillating activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Louisville, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best option to provide you with a Louisville, KY furnished apartment that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: The Frazier History Museum on W Main St is responsible for artifacts ranging across a thousand years of history. They use this artifacts in constantly changing exhibitions giving it context and meaning while preserving the true essence of the history behind it. There are even performances to bring some of these artifacts and history to life.
- Theater: Whitney Hall is a multipurpose hall that features everything from complex broadway theatricals to chamber music, magnified by its perfect natural acoustics. The Louisville Ballet also performs here and so does the Louisville Orchestra.
- Golf: The Quail Chase Golf Club is the area's sole 27-hole course that is weaved within the natural contours of mature oak, maple and pine. There are plenty of water hazards to spice the game. Each nine holes plays in approximately 135 minutes.
- Parks: The Cherokee Park is located on Cochran Hill Rd and features a 2.4 mile walking and biking path that gently courses through undulating terrain and open meadows. There is an archery range, three basketball courts, a fenced off-leash area for dogs and horseback riding trails.
Request a Quote
Seven Louisville Corporate Housing Areas to Consider
If you are looking for a furnished apartment in Louisville, here are seven suburbs that you may want to consider:
Louisville corporate housing gives you the free time you need to explore all that the city has to offer. You will find diverse activities, from great places to eat, arts, theater, museums, University of Louisville collegiate sports, and great shopping. Don’t miss watching beautiful thoroughbreds at the famous Churchill Downs raceway and the Kentucky Derby Museum and the Derby festival is two weeks of continuous fun, southern style.
- Anchorage: Located on the east side of Louisville, Anchorage corporate housing retains a rural charm while still being close to the conveniences of the city.
- Asbury Park: Asbury Park furnished apartments are known for having a lot of character. Neighbors here take the time to chat across the fence line, and the neighborhoods are safe and walkable.
- Briar Hill & Estates: Brian Hill & Estates corporate housing offers easy access to the Oldham county school district without having to move too far away from Louisville.
- Fox Run: Fox Run furnished apartments are some of the newest construction in Louisville. Fox Run is a recent real estate development, and the homes here are some of the most luxurious in the city.
- Prospect: If you like turn of the century architecture, you'll love the look of Prospect corporate housing.
- Owl Creek: Owl Creek corporate housing is located in a twenty-year old subdivision, and has large homes in a scenic setting.
- Downtown Louisville: There are many unique attractions in downtown Louisville, including Louisville Glassworks and the Louisville Slugger Museum. If you love to be in the midst of culture and activity, choose a downtown Louisville furnished apartment.