Memphis Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Memphis, TN corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Memphis Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Memphis and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Memphis, TN for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. The Memphis economy is hinged on its location and strategic position at the intersection of railroads and road transport as well as airports and waterways. Its airport is the second busiest in the world in terms of cargo. FedEx is based here and accounts for a large portion of that cargo. The river channels cargo up to the Memphis area which is then off loaded here and shipped either by road, rail or air.From a corporate perspective, Memphis is home to companies like Cargill Cotton, Perkins Restaurants and Merck & Co, just to name a select few. The corporate environment here gives rise to a large amount of corporate support services such as law firms, accounting firms and other corporate support services. In terms of finance, Memphis is one of the South's important hubs, with a branch of the St Louis Federal Reserve here.Memphis also has an active entertainment industry. Numerous production houses have based their films here with full cooperation of the Memphis Film and Television Commission.
Knowing what articles of clothing to bring with you to your Memphis, TN furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local temperature at the time. Memphis faces a hot and humid climate. Spring is mild with temperatures ranging between highs of 63°F in March to 81° in May. Summers peak at 92°F in July. Fall temperatures reach average highs of 85° in September, then cools down to lows of 43° in November. Winter stretches from December to February. So, be sure to dress appropriately and then step out of your Memphis, TN corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Memphis, TN corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a total outsider. Acquaint yourself with Memphis’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.The area was originally settled by two separate native tribes at different points in history. The first recorded were the Mississippian Culture, and the second were the Chickasaw. The Spanish and French arrived, in that order, much later with de Soto arriving in the area first, followed by Rene Robert Cavalier.The Spanish influence in the area began with the purchase of land from the Chickasaw. In 1795 the Fort San Fernando de las Barrancas was erected and soon the river traffic came under the control of the Spanish.By the mid 20th century Memphis had grown to being the world's largest cotton, mule and lumber market. Its prominence in American history continued through the later part of the century with civil rights movements and the infamous speeches of Martin Luther King Jr.Memphis also has a proud musical heritage with the likes of Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash and B.B. King all hailing from this city.
Places to Eat Near Memphis Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Memphis, TN furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Gus's World Famous Hot and Spicy Chicken on S Front St: Gus's is a southern-style restaurant that highlights the tastes of home cooked, southern meals; and they do it cheap. They are open daily till 9pm, and 10pm on weekends. The locals favor the fried chicken and sweet tea. The Baked Beans are a popular side. They do not deliver, but do handle take outs well. There is beer and wine served, but the choices are limited.
- Restaurant Iris on Monroe Ave.: Iris serves authentic Cajun and Creole dishes in an expensive and classy environment. The crowd here is usually dressed well. The Lobster Knuckle Sandwich is popular and so is the Fried Okra Salad. As for dessert, try the Bread Pudding. There is plenty of street parking and there is outdoor seating. It is advisable to make reservations for the weekends.
- DejaVu Restaurant on Florida St: DejaVu is a Cajun restaurant this is authentic and moderately priced. They serve lunch till late but don't serve dinner. The popular items here are the Grilled Cabbage and the Alligator Stew. The do have take out and the ambience is casual with plenty of parking.
- Cozy Corner Restaurant on N Parkway: Cozy Corner is a deep-south barbecue tradition that is popular for its Cornish Hen and Barbecue Chicken. They offer fast food style meals in a moderately priced environment. It's a bit of a dive, but they have take-out. There is no alcohol served here. Hours are between 11 am and 9pm, Tuesdays to Saturdays.
- Flight Restaurant Wine and Bar on S Main St: Flight is an expensive and upscale restaurant that seeks to define elegant presentations in unpretentious surroundings. They are open daily till 10pm and it is suggested patrons make reservations. There is music in the restaurant but it’s not loud. The best nights here are on Fridays. There is a full bar with a good selection of wine.
Things to do in Memphis
Stepping out of your Memphis, TN temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Memphis, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Memphis, TN that is perfectly fitted to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: The Graceland Mansion is a popular tourist destination in Memphis. The home of Elvis Presley gives insight into his personal life and lifestyle. There are audio-guided tours and self guided tours as well for those who wish to take their time as they walk through the mansion.
- Theater: The Theater Memphis is one of the oldest theaters in the city. It was originally housed in a stable and the members were people from everyday walks of life. The community theater has since built a long history with performances that include musicals, plays and Broadway shows from local and visiting talents.
- Golf: The Links at Pine Hill on Alice Ave is an 18-hole par 70 course that plays 5, 894 yards from the back tee. It was designed by Kevin Tucker and opened in 1932. The course is open from dawn to dusk and they offer rental clubs.
- Parks: The Audubon Park on Southern Ave is a 375 acre park with tennis courts and an 18-hole golf course, driving range and a clubhouse, the park that surrounds it also has picnic pavilions, a one-mile hiking trail and a lake with a Botanic Garden.
Request a Quote