Mobile AL Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home Corporate Housing – Mobile AL
900 Downtowner Boulevard Mobile, Alabama 36609
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Mobile, AL corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Mobile Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Mobile and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Mobile, AL for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Mobile has a diverse economic base that includes shipbuilding, retail, healthcare, manufacturing and aerospace. This diverse economic foundation is heavily dependent on some of Mobile's intrinsic features including its geographical location on the coast, its diverse population and its history.Its geographical location on the coast gives rise to two major industries that are part of Mobile's economic base, the Port operations that has seen robust growth in the post recession years, and the shipbuilding facilities. This facility is a joint venture with an Australian company and has a number of US Government contracts, although it is not exclusively a military facility.The Aeroplex in the Mobile area is part of the airport complex that houses advanced aerospace and engineering firms and facilities. Companies such as Airbus and ST Aerospace are located here. Airbus is in the midst of expanding its operations here and setting up an assembly plant for the Airbus 300 series. This is expected to result in 1000 new jobs.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Mobile, AL furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Mobile experiences a subtropical climate, heavily influenced by its location on the Gulf of Mexico. It experiences warm springs with high temperatures ranging between 71°F in March to 85° in May. Summers peak at 91°F in July. Fall temperatures reach average highs of 87° in September, then cools to lows averaging 57° in October. Winters are cool starting in December and going on till early February, with January being the coldest at 40°F. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Mobile, AL corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Mobile, AL corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Mobile’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.Mobile's early history was defined by the outbreak of yellow fever. Prior to the outbreak in 1708 the original site of Mobile was located upriver at the 27 Mile Bluff, further inland. A ship carrying passengers who had docked in Havana and contracted yellow fever arrived in 1704 and with their disembarkation infected the locals. A significant population of local tribes and settlers perished in the outbreak. The yellow fever incident was not the last and over the next few years the population fluctuated as other diseases swept through and muted any hint of population growth.The governor at the time, Governor Bienville, then ordered the town be relocated downriver to its present location at the confluence of the Mobile River and the Bay. The move was complete in 1711.
Places to Eat Near Mobile Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Mobile, AL furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Jerusalem Cafe in Airport Blvd: This is an authentic Mediterranean restaurant that is moderately priced. They offer typical Middle Eastern and Mediterranean specialties. They are famous for their Lentil Soup and Stuffed Grape Leaves. The restaurant is set in a casual atmosphere and is conducive for the whole family. They are open for lunch and dinner.
- Ruth's Chris Steakhouse on Airport Blvd: Ruth's is an upscale and expensive restaurant that serves the finest in everything the offer. They are open till 10pm daily and have a dress code. Weekends require reservations. The favorites here are the steaks and the desserts. Try the oysters on the half shell. There is a full bar with a good mix of local and imported spirits.
- Yak The Kathmandu Kitchen on Dauphin St: Yak's is an Indian restaurant with Himalayan and Nepalese influences in their recipes. They are open daily, except Mondays, until 10 pm and serve lunch and dinner. There is plenty of street parking and the ambience in the restaurant is casual and friendly. The food is fresh, hot and differently spiced compared to regular Indian restaurants.
- The Royal Scam on S Royal St: The Royal Scam is an American classic restaurant that is moderate in their pricing. It is an appropriate place for the entire family and the menu is filled with interesting dishes like Mango Salad and Asian Slaw. Try the burgers and fries or the Fillet with Demi Glaze.
- Kitchen on George: Kitchen on George is a local favorite. They specialize in dinner with a trendy and romantic setting. Patrons are usually well dressed. There is a full bar with exciting cocktails on the menu beside all the regular drinks. Try the Crab Cakes and the Wok Broccoli.
Things to do in Mobile
Stepping out of your Mobile, AL temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Mobile, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Mobile, AL that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: The History Museum of Mobile has a number of permanent and rotating exhibits that celebrate the role of Alabama in the formation of the Union. It also celebrates the deep and cultural heritage of the people who settled here as well as the natives that came before them. There are significant resources used towards the exhibition of Confederate Naval history and the civil war artifacts.
- Theater: Saenger Theater in Mobile first raised its curtain in 1927 when it had 2600 seats and boasted four floors of seating capacity. The theater is popular with the locals who pack the halls for shows that include headliners like Bill Maher and Craig Morgan, and shows like Men are From Mars, and the Mobile Symphony Orchestra.
- Golf: The Magnolia Grove Golf Club on Magnolia Grove Parkway is a short 18-hole course that flies 3,140 yards for a par 54. It has a course rating of 70 and a slope rating of 113. The course was designed by Robert Trent Jones.
- Parks: The Baumhauer Park on Duval St has a football field and picnic tables across the entire park. There are also playgrounds and restrooms in the park and a softball and baseball pitch. There is also a wading pool. There are path around the park that serve well as a walking path.
Request a Quote