Modesto CA Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect ChoiceThe secondary economy is related to the retail sector that provides households with their daily needs. There is also a significant tourism industry, especially wine enthusiasts who descend on the city to sample product directly from the Gallo vineyards.
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Modesto, CA corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Modesto Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Modesto and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Modesto, CA for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. The main economic driver in Modesto is the agricultural industry. The farmland surrounding the city has been fertile since the founding of the city and continues to support a diverse crop. However, unemployment here is still higher than the national aggregate and has been persistent before, during and after the recent recession.
One of the world’s largest almond farms is located in Modesto and so is the world’s largest winery. In terms of support industries, the Gallo Company also has the world’s largest bottle manufacturing company located here that supplies wine bottles to the Gallo winery. The winery is also one of the biggest employers in the area. Other employers here include manufacturing arms of the major food companies like Stanislaus, Frito-Lay, Foster, Olam and Del Monte. Aside from wine and nuts, the area is also a prominent supplier of olive oil, cheese and cereals.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Modesto, CA furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Modesto experiences a typical Mediterranean climate with temperatures that are cool in the winter and warm during the rest of the year. Spring is characterized by mild temperatures between 75°F in April and 83°F in May. Summers warm up to a peak of 95°F in July. Fall temperatures reach average highs of 79° in October, then cools to lows averaging 45° in November. Winters are mild, stretching from December to March with lows in the mid to upper 40s. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Modesto, CA corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Modesto, CA corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Modesto’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.The city was founded in 1870 by the efforts of one of the bankers and financiers involved in the development of the Central Pacific Railroad, by the name of William C Ralston. However, the reason the city was named Modesto is up for speculation, but one of the main elements of this is that Ralston did not want the city to bear his name. The town was incorporated in 1854 and originally was home to approximately 1000 inhabitants. The majority of these inhabitants were involved with agriculture, especially the grains fields that surrounding this rail stop.Before the railway lines were laid, the area was connected by grain barges that would sail up the river when it was flooded to collect the grain. Once the railway lines were complete between Sacramento and Los Angeles, the city began its growth in earnest. At the time wheat was the primary crop of the area and as the Civil War began to heat up, the areas crop was in high demand and expanded to include barley and other grains.
Places to Eat Near Modesto Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Modesto, CA furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Concetta on J St.: Concetta is an American restaurant that is moderately priced for lunch and dinner. The are open between 11 and 2 in the afternoon, then again from 5.30 to 9:00pm for dinner. Try the deviled eggs and the polenta to start. The locals favor this restaurant's cozy atmosphere and full flavored recipes.
- Pasta Pronto Italian Food on H St.: Pasta Pronto is an Italian American restaurant that serves signature dishes created by the owner and chef. The desserts here seem to be the local favorites. The restaurant accepts credit cards and takes reservations, which are recommended on the weekends. There are open from 11 am to 8pm daily.
- Bauer's 66 1/2 on McHenry Ave.: Bauer's is a classic restaurant that also has an extensive vegan menu. The side sampler here is a great favorite and so are the sliders and fries. The restaurant accepts credit cards and it is a popular late night hangout. They close at midnight every day.
- Surla's on 12th St.: Surla's is a good place to get a quick bite between traditional meal times. They have a good menu for desserts like the crepe from the crepe stations as well as the breakfast meats table. The dinners and lunch menu revolve around this breakfast meats and they offer a good omelet station as well. It's an eclectic dining experience with a friendly atmosphere.
- Rockin B's Burger Company on McHenry Ave.: This is a through and through burger joint that serves authentic American style burgers that are well flavored and expertly prepared. Try the Shay Shay, it is reportedly one of the juiciest burgers in town. The other Modesto favorite here is the Ol Bill Burger. They are open daily from 11am to 7pm.
Places to Go in Modesto, CA
Stepping out of your Modesto, CA temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Modesto, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Modesto, CA that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Performing Arts Theater: The Gallo Center for the Arts is located on I Street and is a diverse center for the performing arts. From acrobats from china to classics of Natalie Cole and country music, the center has a wide variety of performances all year.
- Museums: The McHenry museum and Historical Society maintain an exhibit that tells a store of the Modesto area and its surrounding. The pedigree of its land and the rich tapestry of immigrants are captured in this museum. There are permanent exhibits that display in full diorama the artifacts of that area and there are visiting exhibits that create a museum that is always fresh in its offerings.
- Aquarium: The Modesto Municipal Golf Course is a well designed, tree-lines executive 9-hole course that is superbly designed for a quick game. There are also practice areas, a clubhouse that is well equipped and a snack bar for golfers.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Modesto area including Ceres, Turlock, Salida.
Request a Quote