Newark NJ Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect ChoiceNewark is also a busy administrative center with major corporations located here, taking advantage of the transshipment business and the proximity to New York City, which is just across the river. Newark is the second largest city in the New York Metropolitan area.Newark is also designated under the Urban Transit Hub Tax Credits. This allows Developers with a minimum of $50 million in investment within 0.5 miles of a train station are eligible for tax credit.Newark is also the third largest center of insurance in the entire country behind New York City, and a Hartford, CT. Two of the largest, Prudential and Mutual Benefit continue to maintain a large presence in a city that is undergoing rejuvenation and renewal. New buildings have been proposed and a new city development is in the works. Although unemployment is still concern, efforts are being made to assist in placement of jobs and increasing corporate involvement in jobs and skills training.
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Newark, NJ corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Newark Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Newark and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Newark, NJ for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Newark is driven by three economic activities. It is one of the busiest transportation hubs in the country with port, airport, rail and road transport converging in the city, giving rise to a preponderance of logistics businesses. In terms of transshipment, Newark is the busiest in terms of tonnage passing through, across the eastern seaboard. It is also a college town with a large number of students attending tertiary institutions, including law, medicine and graduate school.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Newark, NJ furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Newark has a humid subtropical climate throughout the year. Its cool spring presents temperatures between 51°F in March to 72° in May. Summers are characterized by temperatures reaching 86° in July and 84º in August. Fall temperatures average 65° in October, then cools down to lows of 24° in January. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Newark, NJ corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Newark, NJ corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Newark’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.Robert Treat of the New Haven colony, the leader of the Connecticut Puritans, established Newark in the late 16oos. For a hundred years during parts of the 19th and 20th centuries, Newark's population experienced significant growth as its popularity and its industry expanded. The population growth was mainly because of workers arriving in the city in search of work. There were civil tensions resulting in the '67 Newark Riots. This had the effect of constricting growth and accelerating the contraction of the city. The city recuperated in the early 21st century.Newark entered New Jersey in February 1798. Newark experienced delineation with other townships as parts of it were incorporated into Newark, including Springfield, Caldwell, South Orange, and Bloomfield. The remainder was absorbed by Newark in 1902 and reincorporated as a city in 1836.
Places to Eat Near Newark Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Newark, NJ furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Seabra Marisqueira on Madison St.: Seabra is an authentic Portuguese restaurant, offering variety of traditional delicacies. This place is good for family meals because of casual ambiance. They offer extensive wine choices, good service and delicious seafood. Private parking is available and they accept credit cards. Try the Red Sangria and Sea-Food platter.
- Spanish Tavern on McWhorter St.: It is a classy and expensive place where they offer ethnic Spanish food. This place is best for formal gatherings. They accept reservations and credit card; parking is free. Try the Paella and Crème Brulle.
- Sushi House on Elm St: Sushi House is an affordable restaurant which serves authentic Japanese dishes along with modern European cuisine. They are closed on Sundays. during the week they are open from noon to 9:30 PM. The restaurant is quite making it a good place for lunch or dinner with family. Tuna Carpaccio and Salmon Teriyaki are recommended.
- Vonda’s Kitchen on W Kinney St: This is an elegant restaurant for delicious Southern and Soul food. It’s a delightful place with bright décor and comfortable environment. Food is available at reasonable prices. They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try the Mac & Cheese and Turkey Wings. The restaurant does not serve alcohol. This place has Wi-Fi and they provide take-out.
- The Green Chicpea on Halsey St: The Green Chicpea serves Mediterranean and Middle Eastern delicacies at reasonable prices. This place is popular among locals for its cleanliness, impeccable service and friendly staff. Try the Falafel, Pita and Chicken Shawarma. It is a good place for lunch and they provide delivery and take-out services as well.
Things to do in Newark
Stepping out of your Newark, NJ temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Newark, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Newark, NJ that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Park: The Branch Brook Park is located on Clifton Ave. It is a regular place for morning walkers because of the serenity of environment. The best season to visit here is spring, since it is when the cherry blossoms are in bloom. A trolley tour is available for a fee. The swamp, surrounded by a row of trees, with ducks and turtles in it, is an attraction for visitors.
- Cathedral: The Cathedral Basilica of the Sacred Heart is located on Ridge St. It is a prestigious place and attracts visitors due to its architecture and historical importance. The building is in French-gothic style and it is fifth largest cathedral in North-America. Bus service is available for this place, although parking is also available.
- Stadium & Arena: The Prudential Center is located on Mulberry Street and is popular in local sport lovers. This stadium has good seating capacity and this place is clean. Food and beverages are quite pricy.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Newark area including Irvington, Elizabeth, Essex County, Maplewood, West Orange, Kearny.
Request a Quote