Northbrook IL Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect ChoiceThe corporate activity here includes companies like Kraft Foods and Walgreens as well as a regional office for UPS. All State has a large presence here and is the largest employer in the city although not all its employees live in the Northbrook area. Many commute from as far as the south side of Chicago.Real estate values have been constantly increasing, especially in the wake of the recent recession. Builders and contractors that service the area are not usually set up within the city but service them from neighboring towns.
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Northbrook, IL corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Northbrook Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Northbrook and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Northbrook, IL for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. The economy in Northbrook is driven by three major aspects related to its proximity with Chicago to the south. There is some corporate activity and there is also busy real estate market. Northbrook, just like some of the other northern Chicago suburbs, is fairly affluent and represents an up-market clientele for most commercial retailers. As such the Main Street retail here is off a higher average price tag than most city suburbs in other parts of the country.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Northbrook, IL furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Northbrook enjoys a mild, seasonal climate influenced by its proximity to Lake Michigan and its northern location. Summer temperatures range between 78º and 81º between June and August with the warmest of the season experienced in July. Rainfall is highest in August. Fall temperatures average a high of 63° in October, then continues to cool down to lows of 14° in January. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Northbrook, IL corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Northbrook, IL corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Northbrook’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.The area was occupied by the Potawatomi tribe before the European settlers took over in the early 19th century. The Potawatomi then moved West to Iowa. The original cost of land in this area during the time it was purchased by Joel Sherman was $1.25 per acre. This is the site of present-day downtown Northbrook. Sherman purchased almost 150 acres at the time. The original name for Northbrook was Shermerville and although it sounds similar to Joel's name, it was actually the family name of the man who donated his tract of land to build the railway station - Shermer Station. From there it became the Village of Shermerville.At the time it was largely an agricultural community and becoming prosperous with the proximity of Chicago to the south. With the completion of the rail line linking Chicago to Shermerville, more trade and agricultural revenue flowed into the city. It also brought new inhabitants.In 1923, the Village of Shermerville decided that they wanted to change the name and commissioned a naming contest for all the inhabitants of the village. Northbrook was the winning entry and the name was officially changed.
Places to Eat Near Northbrook Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Northbrook, IL furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Krua Thai on N Milwaukee Ave.: Krua Thai serves authentic Thai favorites like pot stickers, Crab Rangoon, Pad Thais and Spring rolls amidst a cozy atmosphere between 11am and 9pm daily. They offer delivery within the neighborhood and take out as well. Try the Basil Fried Rice.
- Barnaby's of Northbrook on Skokie Blvd.: Barnaby's is an inexpensive place to grab a pizza that offers a wide selection of toppings. Their crust offerings are unique and aren't just the usual thick or thin crusts. They serve beer and are open from 11am to 10 pm daily.
- La Taquiza in Harvard Court: La Taquiza offers a satisfying dining experience under ten bucks. Their food is authentically Mexican with items like Tinga Torta and Bomba Torta or the Taco Trio that come spiced well and generously portioned. They are open daily from lunch to 8pm but closed on Sundays.
- Charlie Beinlich's Food & Tap on Skokie Blvd.: Charlie's is a great place to grab a drink and a burger. They offer a full bar and an extensive burger menu. They are open from lunch to dinner. Just make sure you bring cash or an ATM card as they do not accept credit cards. There is an ATM machine in the restaurant.
- Francesco's Hole in The Wall on Skokie Blvd.: This place is nothing like a typical hole in the wall. It is clean and vibrant with traffic coming in and out constantly for lunch which is served between 11.30 and 2pm and then again at dinner from 5pm to 9pm. They are closed on Tuesdays. Try the Osso Bucco or the Chicken Vesuvio.
Things to Do in Northbrook, IL
Stepping out of your Northbrook, IL temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Northbrook, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Northbrook, IL that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: The Khol Children's Museum on Patriot Blvd is a place where you can get hands on with the exhibits. They are meant to be worked on and understood rather than to sit there in static isolation. The place gets crowded over the holidays and weekends.
- Parks: The Wood Oaks Green Park on Sanders Rd. is an open park with a lake and shady trees along the water line. The open spaces are great for picnics and playing with the kids or jogging. They allow dogs on a leash too.
- Shopping: The Northbrook Court Shopping Mall off Cook Rd is a comprehensive, yet small, mall that features anchors like Neiman Marcus as well as stores from Burberry to Louis Vuitton. They are open from 10 am to 9pm daily and has a AMC theater indoors.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Northbrook area including Mt. Prospect, Glencoe, Glenview, Wheeling, Prospect Heights, and Highland Park.
Request a Quote