Omaha NE Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect ChoiceBanks and electronic commerce companies are also among some of the companies that are headquartered here, including companies like TD Ameritrade, PayPal and First National Bank. Aside from commercial companies, there are also professional companies like Leo Daly, one of the country's largest architectural firms, as well as Berkshire Hathaway, Warren Buffett's holding company.Omaha's tourism industry is on par with neighboring cities. Its return on tourism investment is approximately similar at over $80,000 per every $1 million in government expenditure. The continual investment by the state, county and city governments has been beneficial in attracting revenue to local businesses and having a healthy multiplier effect on the local economy.
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Omaha, NE corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Omaha Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Omaha and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Omaha, NE for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Omaha has one of the highest per capita of billionaires and the number of Fortune 500 companies in the country. The industries from which they arise are as diverse and varied in terms of new and old world, as well as in terms of market and demographics. From space age fiber optic networks to cattle feed and agriculture, and from risk mitigation to healthcare, the industries here are either headquartered or significantly represented by a major presence.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Omaha, NE furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Omaha experiences a humid continental climate that is cold in the winter and warm in the summer. Spring is characterized by mild temperatures between 51°F in April and 73° in May. Summers warm up to a peak of 87°F in July. Fall temperatures reach average highs of 64° in October, then cools marginally to lows averaging 29° in November. Winters are cold, stretching from December to March with lows in the teens. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Omaha, NE corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Omaha, NE corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Omaha’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.The original tribes that inhabited the area were an eclectic mix of Dhegian-Siouan speaking tribes that included the Omaha, Ponca, Pawnee, Iowa and Missouri. The name Omaha is from this language and means "inhabitants of the bluff."The Lewis and Clark expedition of 1804 originally travelled the river at the point where Omaha stands today. In the same year Meriwether and Clark had met with the tribal leaders of the area just north of the city. That began the trading posts in their wake and resulted in successful trading activities with the tribes. There were at least four posts built at the time: Fort Atkinson, Fort Lisa, Fontenelle's Post and Cabanne's Trading Post. Many of these posts were than absorbed into John Jacob Astor's American Fur Company.As the Federal Government increased in strength, the Indian tribes were slowly made to cede their lands in a series of treaties, totaling 26 in this area, until they had vacated most of the land and moved further west to Ohio and beyond. The chief negotiator and interpreter for most of these transactions was Logan Fontenelle.
Places to Eat Near Omaha Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Omaha, NE furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Kitchen Table on Farnam St.: This is a cafe that has a vegetarian menu to complement its full cafe menu. There are a number of sandwiches that are favorites with frequent patrons, including the While Bird Sandwich. The deviled eggs are also a huge favorite. All sandwiches here come with a side of popcorn.
- The Grey Plume on S 31st St.: The Grey Plume serves a typically American menu within a price range that is on the expensive side. The restaurant is only open for dinners and close at 10pm. Most nights require reservations and they have valet parking for customers. There is a full bar and free Wi-Fi.
- Blatt Beer and Table North on N 12th St.: Blatts is a restaurant with a traditional menu of American favorites, from Pretzel Bites to Char-Grilled Chicken. The menu is designed to complement the full bar and goes well with most of the cocktails and drinks. The salsa and chips are a great welcoming platter. The Beef and Pepper Skewers go well with all the beer thy have on tap.
- Block 16 on Farnam St.: Block 16 is a traditional American restaurant that also offers a fully vegan menu alongside their regular menu. Their chicken and Waffle Burrito is a popular item as is their Vegan Special Sandwich that is a delectable array of tastes and textures. The Pulled Pork and B 16 burger are also some of the favored items on the menu.
- The Boiler Room on Jones St.: This is a wine bar and a restaurant rolled into one. The menu is constantly changing to keep the palette fresh. The wines are perfectly paired with the menu of the day and the waiters are familiar with the wine cellar and can guide the novice.
Places to Go in Omaha
Stepping out of your Omaha, NE temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Omaha, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Omaha, NE that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Performing Arts: The Rose Theater located in Farnam St is a popular destination for discerning audiences of classical entertainment. It was originally named the Riviera and features a classical revival repertoire.
- Museums: The Joslyn Art Museum is a major fine arts institution in the Omaha area featuring prominent and historical pieces of American heritage and culture. The museum was the result of Sarah Joslyn in memory of her husband George Joslyn.
- Parks: Miller Park on Redick Ave is an 80 acre park that overlooks a lagoon and a golf course, which is open to the public. It is open all year. There are kitchens and a dining area that can be rented out for functions.
Request a Quote
For Omaha Corporate Housing: Eight Areas of the City to Consider
- Fairacres: A home in Fairacres may cost you in excess of $1million, but the corporate housing here is well within your reach.
- The Ridges: In the shadow of Shadow Ridge Country Club lies the Ridges community, an affluent suburb of Omaha. While Omaha is for the most part a fairly liberal city, the Ridges is more conservative.
- Baywood: Baywood in Omaha corporate housing is known for being near beautiful houses, and for being in a safe, quiet neighborhood.
- The Cathedral District: The Cathedral District is actually an historic neighborhood located within the Gold Coast in Omaha. Also the location of St. Cecilia Cathedral, the Cathedral District will take your breath away.
- Regency: Home to the Regency Lake and Tennis Club, as well as the location of many green spaces and walking trails, Regency corporate housing will have you out of doors in no time.
- Happy Hollow: Happy Hollow is known for its Happy Hollow Club, and for being the location of an excellent golf course. If you are a corporate traveler who loves to golf, experience Happy Hollow corporate housing.
- Gold Coast: The Gold Coast was the setting of a vibrant social scene in the 1920s, and is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Gold Coast furnished apartments in Omaha is luxurious, and in buildings with an historic character.
- Field Club: Field Club is a late nineteenth century suburb of Omaha, and a designated historic district. The homeowner's association is extremely active in the preservation of their neighborhood. If you like a close-knit community with a cause, you will want to seek out Field Club corporate housing.