Peoria IL Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect ChoicePeoria holds the record of being the oldest community in Illinois and is considered an all-American city. You can gather this by experience too when you savor the food and meet the people. Located in the central part of Illinois the Illinois River has much to do with influencing its culture and its people.
We serve the entire Peoria area including West Peoria, East Peoria, Morton, Hills, Washington.
Come enjoy nearly perfect short term accommodations in Peoria corporate housing by Almost Home. We pride ourselves on providing our clients the best value and amenities, fitting each of our furnished apartments to the unique needs and tastes of each of our clients.
Helpful Information About Peoria IL
Should you be considering relocating to Peoria or are needing temporary housing in Peoria for business purposes, we provide a brief description of the city and some recommended dining and entertainment options.
Getting to Know Peoria, IL
Need Peoria corporate housing for business extended stay? You will be pleased to know that Peoria has industry in her DNA. Peoria can be classified as a hard working all-American town. The scale of business has grown and today, companies like Archer Midland Daniels is part of the city. Even the world headquarters of agricultural and heavy equipment maker, Caterpillar is headquartered here. So are Komatsu and other agri-related businesses.Peoria's climate is humid when hot and pleasant in the fall. Temperatures rise to the mid 80s in July during the summer. In the fall, temperatures are constantly decreasing and average about 60s in the highs and 30s in the lows. The coldest months as in January and February. For the most part, dressing in Peoria can be light garments in the summer and light jackets in the fall and spring. Winter will require heavy jackets and coats.
Places to Eat in Peoria
Almost Home recommends the following dining choices. Depending on where your corporate apartment in Peoria is located, you would also be able to have food delivered from a number of the places. To get you familiar with the town, here are a few places you might wish to start with.
- One World Cafe on W Main St.: Whenever you're hungry and not sure what you feel like having, get yourself over to this place. There is a wide variety of food served in a friendly and fun atmosphere. The coffee here is great and so are all the pastries and desserts you could have to go with your coffee. Try their toasted marshmallow coffee and their caramel walnut apple pie. The sandwiches here are worth a mention as are the Spicy Cajun Fettuccine. The burgers are great too.
- Kelleher's Irish Pub and Eatery on SW Water St.: The atmosphere on the riverfront is festive everyday of the year and more on weekends. Try the Beef Bites from the appetizer menu or the Bass Ale Fish and Chips. The Bangers (sausages) and Mash are great too. There is also the Homemade Irish Stew, which is always a hit among patrons looking for a warm meal on a cold night. The food is traditionally Irish and tastefully prepared. It's a great place to fill up when you are hungry as the portions are large and the aroma, appetizing.
- Famous Alexander's Steakhouse on Alexander Ave.: If you are in the mood for steak, this is a good option. Ribeyes, T-Bones, Filet or even Top Sirloin are some of the cuts that are marinated and grilled to perfection. Nothing subtle about it, this is a man's restaurant. On top of the steak, pile on the Steak Fries, or the Baked Potato or the Texas Toast. Lobster Tails are also an option here. Add them to your Steak and enjoy your Surf and Turf.
- Ming Shee Restaurant on N University St.: This is a simple restaurant, nothing fancy, just a lot of good Chinese food. They are open till 11pm almost every night and are also open in the weekends. The atmosphere is friendly and the prices are affordable. The menu is what you would expect from a neighborhood Asian restaurant, so if you are in the mood for Hot and Sour Soup, they have it and everything else you can think of.
- Avanti's Ristorante on W Main St.: The pizza, pasta, lasagna, baked chicken, fettuccine, and chicken parmigiana are all delicious. The flavors are authentically Italian and the preparation and presentation look like something a distant aunt from Italy would prepare when she visits. In short this place is a great place to get some comfort food and feel good about yourself.
Things to Do Near Your Peoria Corporate Housing
There aren't a shortage of things to do for Peoria corporate housing residents. If you think it's just another small town, you couldn't be farther from the truth. There are some very interesting things going on in this town.
With so many things for you to do and see, get settled in your Peoria furnished apartment and then get out and enjoy yourself.
- Museums: There are a few museums in Peoria that you should spend some time at. There is the Peoria Riverfront Museum on SW Washington St. Then there is the John C Flanagan House Museum on NE Glen Oak Ave. There is also the Peoria Art Guild located on Harrison St. If you'd like to get some history on one of the companies that form the backbone of this city, then visit the Caterpillar Visitor's Center on SW Washington St.
- Performing Art Centers: There are few places in town where you can go to appreciate the entertainment of performances while getting to know the culture of the town. The Illinois Central College Performing Arts Center on College Dr will be a good place to start. There is also the Apollo Theatre on S Main St, Peoria Players Theatre on N University St., the Corn Stock Theatre on N Park Rd and Glen Oak Amphitheatre on N Prospect Rd.
- Malls: There are few malls here that you can get most of what you need. Northwoods Mall is on W War Memorial Dr. while The Shoppes at Grand Prairie are just little distance down the road. There are also local shops and restaurants at the Metro Center on N University Pl. There is also a smaller shopping center, The Junction City Shopping Center on N Prospect Rd. You should be able to find whatever you need or just walk around on a lazy Sunday and grab a bite and indulge in some retail therapy.
Request a Quote