Providence RI Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect ChoiceThe corporate sector in Providence is diverse with the largest of the sector involved in financial services, accounting for more than 15% of the total. The smallest sector is involved in leisure and hospitality. Other areas involved include mining and resources, construction, manufacturing, professional services and government. The government sector is one of the large areas of occupation in this city as it is also the capital of the state of Rhode Island.Tourism, which includes professional tourism and leisure, is a main attraction here. With a number of the major Fortune 500 companies located here, it is an important destination for those attending meetings, conventions and exhibitions. The city is set up ideally for this with active conventions centers and professional retail centers catering to attendees.
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Providence, RI corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Providence Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Providence and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Providence, RI for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. The Providence economy is fueled by three main sectors – the service sector, the public sector and the corporate sector. These sectors intertwine to give the Providence area a major revenue base and support a skilled workforce. There is also a large academic sector in the city. Providence is home to more than 40,000 students spread across some of the most prestigious universities in the country. Brown University, an Ivy League institution, is one of the major employers in the city.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Providence, RI furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Providence has a humid continental climate classification. Summers experience between 77º and 82º between June and August, with the highest temperatures experienced in July. Rainfall is evenly spread across the summer months and the winter precipitation levels are similar as well. Fall temperatures average a high of 63° in October, then continues to cool down to lows of 21° in January. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Providence, RI corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Providence, RI corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Providence’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.The area was originally inhabited by the Pokanoket tribe as far back as the early 1600s. They were part of the Wampanoag Nation. The original western settlement was initiated by Roger Williams in 1636. He had sought, and gained, the approval of the Wampanoag Nation to settle down and develop a small area. It was Williams who named the city Providence.The original pace that Providence experienced in terms of growth was rather slow. There were a number of reasons for this, one of them being that it originally had the reputation of being a land of rejects and those exiled from Massachusetts. Farming was also difficult as this land was more included to grow as a port, which it eventually did.Fishing and maritime activities soon caught on but was impeded by the taxes imposed by the British. The businesses that began to take root in Providence like the rum distilleries were also affected by the British Sugar Tax. This tax was one of the main reasons Providence joined with other states in seeking independence from the Crown.Places to Eat Near Providence Corporate HousingAll of Almost Home’s Providence, RI furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Kitchen on Carpenter St.: Kitchen is a tiny place that seats no more than 20 people at time. There are only five tables and a line around the corner. The jewel in the crown is the food, which is meticulously prepared by the owner himself. Try everything.
- Los Andes Restaurant on Chalkstone Ave.: Los Andes is a Peruvian restaurant serving authentic South American cuisine. From things like Ceviche to Saltena their repertoire includes tastes covering all the flavors. They are open for dinner daily and close at 9pm. Try their traditional Paella.
- Gracie's on Washington St.: Gracie's is a full service American restaurant that delivers on taste, quality and portions. The favorite among regulars is the 5 course tasting menu that samples just exactly how well they prepare and present their menu. There is a full bar to complement the meals.
- East Side Pockets on Thayer St.: East Side Pockets is a Middle Eastern restaurant serving everything you would expect from such a cuisine. They are especially popular for their beef kabobs and their falafel salad. They are open from 10 am to 1 m daily and a typical meal cost less than ten dollars.
- Nick's on Broadway: Nicks is a typical place that offers everyday meals for those in a hurry. The dining hall and kitchen is clean and the food is interesting. From their special tasting menu to the chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast, everything is fresh and flavored well.
Things to Do in Providence, RI
Stepping out of your Providence, RI temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Providence, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Providence, RI that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Golf: The Triggs Memorial Golf course located on Chalkstone Ave is an 18-hole course flying 6,522 yards from the back tees and rated a par 72, designed by Donald Ross. It opened back in 1932. The course is well designed with a course rating of 72.9, but it needs a little care to make it a great place.
- Park: The Blackstone Boulevard Walking Path is open daily from sunrise to sunset and features a great jogging and walking path. The foliage is well maintained and cared for, it is sufficiently private for individual runs without it feeling isolated. It is also a popular place to have picnics and the running path meanders through the open spaces and under thick forests.
- Museum: The Haffenreffer Museum of Anthropology in Manning Hall within the Brown University campus is a good place to stop by in the afternoon. There are a few interesting exhibits that reflect the University's anthropology program and the entrance is free. Parking is in the lot close by.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Providence area including East Providence, North Providence, Central Falls, Cranston, Warwick, Rumford, Pawtucket, Taunton, Attleboro, Woonsocket.
Request a Quote