Rock Island IL Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Rock Island, IL corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Rock Island Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Rock Island and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Rock Island, IL for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Rock Island makes up one of the four Quad Cities that straddle the Mississippi. East Moline, Davenport and Moline are the other three. Rock Island Arsenal is, by far, the largest employer in Rock Island. Rock Island Arsenal is the government’s weapons manufacturing plant – the country’s largest. In the recent years, Rock Island Arsenal has grown in terms of the support it provides the government. From merely weapons to now include gear and armaments as well. The entire city of Rock Island is built around the Arsenal’s existence and operation.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Rock Island, IL furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. The climate in Rock Island is warm in the summer, reaching a high of 86°F in July. Summer temperatures vary between 70 and 86, then taper off to a cooler 49 to 70 degrees in the fall. Winter stretches across December to March when highs barely hit the 50s but with lows dipping as low as 14°F in January. January sees the most snow, while June sees the most rain. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Rock Island, IL corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Rock Island, IL corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Rock Island’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.
Just like the other cities in the Quad Cities area, the pre-colonial era saw this location inhabited by Sauk Natives - Blackhawks' tribe. Fort Armstrong was the original fort in the area, on which now, stands Rock Island Arsenal. There are hiking trails in the area that now dot the path with historical facts of the area, if you chose to walk or jog here. Soon after the Black Hawk War, in 1837, bridges were built to accommodate the various railroad lines that were crossing the Mississippi River. The city has a unique perspective and heritage of being bridge builders.
The bridges here have some unique history buried inside the rivalry between the bridge owners and the riverboat captains that sailed up the Mississippi. Soon after the bridge was built, a riverboat crashed into it and was severely damaged. The bridge was damaged as well. The owner of the riverboat sued the bridge owner for damages. Abraham Lincoln was one of the lawyers who defended the bridge owner.
Places to Eat Near Rock Island Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Rock Island, IL furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Old Mexico Restaurant on 45th St: Here, the Salsa is authentic. The recipes are magnificent and the service is top-notch. The ingredients are always fresh and the sauces are always exactly as they should be. Mexican food, this far north of the border, is an exquisite find.
- Le Figaro French Restaurant on 2nd Ave: This place answers the call for fine dining. The Dover Sole, amidst an elegant menu, is sophisticated, and the cocktails are designed to complement the meals. The atmosphere is cozy and the service is impeccable. A true testament to French fine dining.
- Mama Crompton's on 2nd Ave.: An awesome place with great food, complemented with live music on some nights. The sandwiches here are amazing and the Tomato Bisque Soup is awesome. It's a great place to have lunch - a salad, a soup and a sandwich.
- Atlante Trattoria on 18th St.: This place has a pretty decent variety of great food. The kitchen is up to the mark with timing and the service staff is simply amazing. The food leaves nothing to be desired and is consistent each time. Always great, always on time.
- New Oriental Express on 18th Ave: Typical neighborhood Chinese restaurant, just better. The service is consistent, the food is tasty and the environment is appetizing. The egg drop soup is one of the best, anywhere. Great prices too. It's an easy going place so you can walk in here with your shorts in summer and feel right at home.
Things to do in Rock Island, IL
Stepping out of your Rock Island, IL temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Rock Island, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Rock Island, IL that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museums: There are two museums in town that you should visit. The first is the Rock Island Arsenal Museum. It is located inside the Arsenal. It happens to be the Army's second oldest Museum. It opened its doors on July 4, 1904. The story told here, is about the people that made Rock Island the icon it is today.
- Performing Arts: There are two theaters that hold promise in this town. First is the Centennial Hall Auditorium on 7th Ave. Centennial Hall is part of Augustana College and serves as the student's main stage for campus productions. The productions range from classical operas, to contemporary plays.
- Shopping: For shopping there are two options here, the first is The Shoppes on 2nd Ave. The other option is the Rock Valley Plaza on 46th Ave. The Shoppes on 2nd has a better selection and happens to be a retail incubator for new and upcoming stores. There are six stores here where you will find interesting collections and deals. Domestic Bliss for example, has handmade decor for sale, something you don't find much of these days.
- Golf: Rock Island's Arsenal Island Golf Club is a fair course, but its close by. The course is picturesque in the sunset, and the scenery resembles a typical club. The fairways are fairly well kept, and the greens are tricky. You will be sufficiently entertained.
- Parks and Recreation: The Rock Island Park and Recreation Department manages 28 parks in Rock Island. Combined, they add up to over 850 acres of well kept and safe grounds. Most of these parks come with additional facilities on top of just the grounds. Some of them have aquatic centers while others have basketball and tennis courts.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Rock Island area including Bettendorf, Davenport, East Moline, Coal Valley, Eldridge.
Request a Quote