San Francisco Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home offers a wide variety of San Francisco, CA corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
San Francisco Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in San Francisco and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in San Francisco, CA for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. San Francisco's economy is based on three major engines that drive a robust and people-centric economy. The service industry that currently makes the foundation of this city is divided into financial services, professional services, and tourism. The professional basis of the economy has a number of strata in areas of its productivity, including a high tech sector that benefits from California's promotion of the technology as well as its proximity to Silicon Valley. The presence of top notch academic institutions is also a major boon to the professional sector. The area grew to a GDP of over $360 billion amidst some of the largest growth rates seen in all of the United States, including New York.A major part of the tax base for San Francisco comes from the tourism industry. More than one in every seven San Franciscans is employed in the tourism industry. That makes it one of the largest revenue generators for the city and county. San Francisco is one of the major immigration gateways in the United States and also a major ethnic and urban melting pot.The corporate sector benefits from the professional services sector that sees a high number of highly qualified professionals that are either home-bread from the local institutions, or emigrate here from other domestic and international centers.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your San Francisco, CA furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. San Francisco is characterized by some of the most pleasant weather in the United States. It experiences a cool Mediterranean climate that gives rise to frequent morning fog, mild winters and dry summers. Summers stay temperate between 67º and 70º from July through September with the highest temperatures experienced in September. Precipitation is highest during the winter months. Fall temperatures average a high of 69° in October, then continues to cool down to lows of 46° in December and January. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your San Francisco, CA corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in San Francisco, CA corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with San Francisco’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.One of the earliest civilizations that took root here, before the arrival of the Spanish, are recorded to be the Ohlone people. Evidence of their existence in the bay area dates back more than five millennia. The first of the Spanish to arrive were led by Don Gaspar de Portola in 1769. Within a short time, the Spanish established the Presidio and then the Mission Dolores.When Mexico was granted independence, San Francisco, along with the rest of Alta California became part of the new country. Most of the missions that were originally set up by the Spanish gradually ceased to progress and the lands that they were built on were eventually sold and privatized. The first homestead in San Francisco was built in 1835 close to present day Portsmouth Square. It was setup by William Richardson, who along with Alcaide Francisco de Haro, made plans to develop a city named Yerba Buena which was then renamed a year later as San Francisco.San Francisco's expedited growth with the gold rush in the 1840s fueled the critical mass it needed to go from fledgling town to an impressive metropolis. Between 1848 and 1849, just one year, the town grew from just over 1,000 residents, to 25,000.
Places to Eat Near San Francisco Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s San Francisco, CA furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Gary Danko on N Point St.: Gary's is open for dinner between 5:30pm and midnight daily. They offer a variety of dishes from a menu that is classically American. Try the roast Main Lobster with Mushrooms or the Glazed Oysters from the Appetizer menu. The restaurant has a full bar and has a dedicated vegetarian section that caters to vegans as well.
- Ike's Place on 16th St.: Ike's is a popular sandwich place just off Market in downtown San Francisco. They deliver anywhere in the San Francisco metro area. They have a number of bread choices but the one that is most popular by far is the Dutch Crunch. Prices range between $11 and $30 for a full meal.
- Lou's Cafe on Geary Blvd.: Lou's is a great option if you want a light meal with a coffee or tea. They have some interesting and inventive sandwiches served with fresh ingredients and taste bread choices. Try the Jalapeño Spread on any of your bread choices. Also the Turkey Cranberry is a popular order here.
- Old Skool Cafe on Mendell St.: It's a popular place among those looking for soul food and live bands. They serve dishes that are not commonly available like Peanut Butter Stew. Try the Brussel Sprouts Kale Salad. The restaurant is open only from Thursday to Saturday for dinner.
- Udupi Palace on Valencia St.: The Indian food here is a mix of northern variety and southern Indian cuisine. The flavors are rich and the menu is vast. From Dosas to Chutneys and Uthapams to Hot Lentil Soup--the offering is sumptuous. Prices vary but are generally moderate with lunch billing in at about $25.
Things to Do in San Francisco
Stepping out of your San Francisco, CA temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting San Francisco, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in San Francisco, CA that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Shopping: The Westfield San Francisco Center located on Market St in Union Square has a popular and extensive food court. Many people come here just to eat. There are a number of anchor stores including Nordstrom. It is generally a pricey endeavor for shopping.
- Museum: The Asian Art Museum on Larkin St. is the largest museum dedicated to Asian art. They have a gift shop that also sells numerous high quality momentous art pieces as well. There are multiple mediums from sculptures to print and canvas on display.
- Parks: Golden Gate park located at the intersection of JFK Drive and Transverse Drive is the most popular park in San Francisco. It usually features in any movie that has San Francisco as its backdrop. There are various parts to the park, but especially inviting is the Conservancy if Flowers that has plants from almost everywhere in the world. There is also a fine arts museum here. Needless to say, you will need more than one day, or one visit to appreciate everything that is on display.
Request a Quote
Six San Francisco Corporate Housing Areas to Consider
Whether you are relocating to San Francisco to live there or simply there on an extended stay, whatever your reason you will want to explore the different neighborhoods by living in a corporate apartment. If you are looking for a furnished apartment in San Francisco, here are six suburbs that you may want to consider:
- Nob Hill: Frozen in time, Nob Hill stands testament to a more glamorous age. Nob Hill corporate housing is located in some of the most luxurious apartments in the city.
- The Haight: No longer a hippy hangout, The Haight is now home to edgy boutiques and hip restaurants. Haight furnished apartments are in a young and hip neighborhood.
- Russian Hill: Russian Hill is located near the formal grandeur of Nob Hill, and thus shares many of its more desirable facets. However, Russian Hill corporate housing is known for being a little friendlier and more accessible than Nob Hill furnished apartments.
- Sunnyvale: Located just outside of San Francisco, Sunnyvale is a major city in the Silicon Valley. With a charming downtown and just a short drive from major employers, Sunnyvale corporate housing is convenient and close.
- Berkeley: Considered to be one of the most liberal cities in the nation, Berkeley is home to the ultra-liberal UC-Berkeley campus. If you are looking for Berkeley corporate housing, you better be prepared for some free thinking in your neighborhood.
- Palo Alto: Palo Alto furnished apartments are within the vicinity of major Silicon Valley employers, as well as Stanford University.
Corporate Travelers Can Take In San Francisco's Diverse Culture
From the Bush Man, to the Pink Unitard Unicycle Guy, and everyone in between, San Francisco has proven to be a haven for individuals of every stripe. So for the furnished apartment resident who loves to people watch, here are a few choice destinations for the human safari:
San Francisco is for the socially adventurous and not the politically grounded. Don’t be a stuffed shirt: take the time to chat with the natives. You will certainly learn a thing or two about what it takes to stand out in the crowd.
- The cable cars: Street musicians congregate down near the wharf-end of the cable car route, primarily because they are hoping to earn tips from the tourists. And as a bonus, the tourists are likely to come from all over the world so be sure to make small talk while you wait in line.
- Telegraph Ave.: Here on the hallowed grounds of one of the most prestigious public universities in the country, located in one of the most progressive metropolitan areas in the world, is Berkely, CA. Telegraph Ave offers street vendors, and students bicycling to class, and numerous places to get a highly intellectual cup of coffee.
- City Lights Book Store: The founders of the Beat generation of American writers congregated here during the twentieth century: Ferlinghetti, Ginsburg, Kerouac. City Lights is one of the most famous independent bookstores in the country. Catch the next wave in American literature at one of the bookstore’s many poetry readings, or chat about liberal politics with one of the many knowledgeable clerks.