San Luis Obispo CA Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect ChoiceThe post recession turnaround of the town was anchored well and has resulted in an increasing tourism industry, and a rebound of the housing market to achieve pre-recession peaks. Even the local job market has returned to pre recession levels.
Almost Home offers a wide variety of San Luis Obispo, CA corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
San Luis Obispo Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in San Luis Obispo and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in San Luis Obispo, CA for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. The city is driven by an economy that is based primarily on services, academics and tourism. The services industry is given rise from the fact that San Luis is the county seat for San Luis Obispo County. As for its tourism, it is a mix of tourists who arrive for the history of the town, as well as because it is almost the mid way point between LA and San Francisco.
As far as academics is concerned the California Polytechnic State University, and Cuesta College are both located in town and give rise to the largest sector of employment in town. The existence of two institutions of learning gives rise to a secondary industry built and aimed at deriving profit from, and providing services to the institutions members. From lodging and housing for students and staff, to services including restaurants, grocers and other services, the secondary economy here, built around the university is a significant tax base of the town.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your San Luis Obispo, CA furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. San Luis Obispo experiences a Mediterranean climate that is cool in the winter and mild in the Summer. Spring is characterized by mild temperatures between 66°F in April and 69° in May. Summers warm up to a peak of 77°F in August. Fall temperatures reach average highs of 74° in October, then cools marginally to lows averaging 47° in November. Winters are mild, stretching from December to March with lows in the 40s. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your San Luis Obispo, CA corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in San Luis Obispo, CA corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with San Luis Obispo’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.Members of the Chumash tribe were some of the earliest inhabitants of the San Luis Obispo area. The area is situated on an estuary and this provided the Chumash with opportunistic fishing along the Central Coast and areas close by.The Europeans arrived in the late 1700s led by Fr. Junipero Serra who was commissioned by the King of Spain to evangelize the area and to adopt Catholicism. At that time the lands were diversely populated and there were numerous religions in the area. The idea, and strategy, by the Spanish monarch, was to united the people and bring them under one kingdom.After much hardship, Fr. Jose Cavalier, along with a number of natives who were converted, built the first mission church in what was at that time named Valley of the Bears. The name was given due to the large number of bears that roamed the area and where the Spanish would hunt for bear meat to be supplied to the northern missions. The church that was built here, near San Luis Creek, eventually became San Luis Obispo. Unlike the missionaries up north, this area had an abundance of water and game. It was also pleasant from the perspective of weather.
Places to Eat Near San Luis Obispo Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s San Luis Obispo, CA furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Bella Mundo Cafe on Monterey St.: This place is open from 6.30 am and closes at 6pm. They offer a full range of coffee products from black to espresso. There is also a wide selection of pastries to choose from. There is a dedicated bike park as well as ample car parks. Try the Cupcakes and the Cappuccino combo.
- Thai Boat on Broad St.: Thai Boat is an authentic and inexpensive restaurant that serves the traditional favorite staples of a Thai menu. From Green Curry to Spicy Noodles and Pad Thai with peanuts, the restaurant is always buzzing with people. Lunch and dinner rarely get over ten bucks.
- Firestone Grille on Higuera St.: Firestone Grille is an American Barbecue restaurant that is open from lunch to dinner. They come in below ten bucks for a meal and offer tasty versions of old barbecue favorites like onion rings that are crispy and roast beef sandwiches that are generous.
- Petra on Higuera St.: Petra is a Mediterranean restaurant that serves authentic middle eastern cuisine and pizzas alongside their Mediterranean mainstay. Try the Jaffa and the Cucumber Greek Salad. They are open from 10.30 am to 10.30 pm.
- Taj Palace Cuisine of India on E Foothill Blvd.: Taj is a north Indian restaurant that serves a wide variety of American favorites from Garlic Naan to Rice Pilau. Try the Tandoori Chicken and the Lamb Madras. The restaurant is open for lunch until 3pm and for dinner between 5pm and 10pm.
Places to Go in San Luis Obispo, CA
Stepping out of your San Luis Obispo, CA temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting San Luis Obispo, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in San Luis Obispo, CA that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Entertainment: The Performing Arts Center on Grant Street is a popular theater where the plays and performances are held all year round. The theater has been rebuilt and refurbished to include state of the art sound system and seating.
- Museums: The San Luis Obispo Museum of Art located on Broad St is a popular destination for the locals and a large number of the tourists that descend upon the city. It features art that is done at the hand of some of the area's most experienced artists while giving room to some of the new artists to get their works showcased.
- Parks: Meadow Park on Meadow St is a popular destination for those looking to get some fresh air amidst a serene location with the hills in the background. It has a great picnic area and trees that line the paths.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire San Luis Obispo area including Monterey, Santa Barbara, Vandenberg Air Force Base.
Request a Quote