Santa Barbara CA Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect ChoiceIn terms of aerospace, companies like Alliant and Raytheon have significant operations here and employ skilled labor for their operations. High end jobs and major corporations have cultivated a diverse and sophisticated population in this town. Home values here are higher than the national average driven in part by tourism.
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Santa Barbara, CA corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Santa Barbara Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Santa Barbara and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Santa Barbara, CA for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Being the county seat of Santa Barbara County, one of the major revenue streams of the town is the operation of the county government. Aside from that, academics, tourism, healthcare and aerospace provide significant income and wealth to the local population.
In terms of academics, the major institution here is the UC Santa Barbara, which is also the largest employer in the city, ahead of even the county government. Other than UC Santa Barbara, there is also Santa Barbara City College. The academic industry brings in federal and international revenues aside from some local revenue in terms of fees and tuition to the institutions. It also brings in revenue that generates other services from lodging and food.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Santa Barbara, CA furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Santa Barbara experiences a Mediterranean climate that is cool in the winter and mild in the summer. Spring is characterized by mild temperatures between 69°F in April and 70° in May. Summers warm up to a peak of 76°F in August. Fall temperatures reach average highs of 72° in October, then cools marginally to lows averaging 50° in November. Winters are mild, stretching from December to March with lows in the 40s. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Santa Barbara, CA corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Santa Barbara, CA corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Santa Barbara’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.The area that spans the entire county, and especially this part of the city, have supported civilizations for at least ten thousand years. Paleod-indian tribes that were inhabitants of the area were recently studied and dated to, sometimes, as far back as 13,000 years ago.More recently, during the arrival of the Europeans, the Chumash inhabited the area and were assumed to be in numbers greater than 5000 but less than 10,000. Within the Santa Barbara area, there were a number of Chumash villages, including Swetete, Amolomol and Mispu.Among the first Europeans to arrive were the Spanish, who were represented by Joao Cabrilho who arrived in the Santa Barbara Channel in the mid 1500s. His arrival was followed a number of years later by Sebastian Vizcaino half a century later. It was Vizcaino who names the channel Santa Barbara Channel.Permanent residents after the tribes and after early explorations came in the late 1700s led by Spanish missionary and soldiers of Felipe de Neve de Neve arrived in 1782 for the express purpose of constructing the Presidio and fortifying the region.
Places to Eat Near Santa Barbara Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Santa Barbara, CA furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Bouchon on W Victoria St.: Bouchon is a French restaurant that serves up good food in a romantic setting. They are open only for dinner and close at 10pm, daily. The dessert menu is extensive and fresh. Try the Blueberry Upside down Cake. As far as seafood goes, try the Scallop Trio.
- Brophy Brothers n Harbor Way: This is a semi-casual seafood, fish and chips restaurant that has a nice setting and a friendly atmosphere. The Fried Calamari is a favorite here and so are the Oyster Shooters. For soups, go with the Clam Chowder. The restaurant is open daily from 10am to 11pm. They do not take reservations, and get very busy on the weekends.
- Finch and Fork on W Carrillo St.: A traditional American restaurant with new age food to make things interesting. Try the Banana Milkshake and the Lamb Burger The deviled Eggs are also popular here. It is a good place for brunch. They accept credit cards and take reservations.
- Los Agaves on N Milpas St.: An authentic Mexican restaurant that serves some of the best Crispy Tacos. They are open for lunch and dinner between 11am and 9pm daily. They accept credit cards and take reservations. They serve beer and wine. Try the Steak Tacos.
- The Blue Owl on W Canon Perdido: This place is primarily popular for their deserts. The also have a full menu for those who want to make a meal out of it. Try the Shrimp Sandwich or the Poached Eggs. They are open till 2.30 am on Saturdays, so it’s a great place to get a midnight snack.
Places to Go in Santa Barbara
Stepping out of your Santa Barbara, CA temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Santa Barbara, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Santa Barbara, CA that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Entertainment: The Arlington Theater seats 2,000 spectators and is the largest indoor theater in the county. It also hosts the Santa Barbara International Film Festival annually.
- Museums: The Santa Barbara Museum of Art is located on State Street and open every day except Mondays. It is one of the most well endowed museums in Southern California and features both experienced and new up and coming artists.
- Parks: The Santa Barbara Botanic Gardens is one of the many parks that are run by the county. It showcases numerous flora and fauna that are both local and international in origin. The garden is set in the outdoors.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Santa Barbara area including San Luis Obispo, Monterey, Vandenberg Air Force Base.
Request a Quote