Springfield MO Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Springfield, MO corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Springfield MO Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Springfield and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Springfield, MO for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Springfield is an economically diverse city with manufacturing, retail, healthcare, tertiary education and tourism serving as its economic base. These industries, together with a population which provides adequate workforce, generates $13.66 billion in GNP, which is about 7% of the state’s total output. In terms of tourism, the city currently has in excess of 6,000 rentable hotel rooms and a convention center that is designed to attract visitors. This center attracts over three million visitors annually. Missouri State University is also located in Springfield and adds student and academic contributions to the city and state.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Springfield, MO furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. The climate in Springfield is warm in the summer, reaching a high of 89°F in July. Summer temperatures vary between 70 and 89, and then taper off to a cooler 57 to 70 degrees in the Fall. Winter stretches over November to March when highs barely hit the 40s but with lows dipping as low as 22°F in January. January sees the most snow, while May sees the most rain. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Springfield, MO corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Springfield, MO corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Springfield’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.Most of Springfield's history is anchored in its involvement in the American Civil War. Missouri stood at the border of the debate with Springfield residents almost evenly split in their allegiance to the Confederacy and the Union. The first battle, the First Battle of Springfield, or also known as Zagonyi's Charge, happened in 1861 handed the sole Southwestern Missouri victory of that year to the Union. This eventually led to the Union winning the state. This Battle was significant in the war and has been recognized as such with the National Park Service declaring Wilson's Creek National Battlefield as a 1,750-acre National Park. It remains, till today, as one of the most well kept National Parks in the Country.
Places to Eat Near Springfield Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Springfield, MO furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Mexican Villa West on E Sunshine: A simple and tasty menu, coupled with outstanding service. If you are just in search for a quick lunch, then this is a great place for that. Try the Beef Quesadillas or the Chico Mexican Plate.
- Bambino's Cafe on E Delmar St: If you'd like to be momentarily transported to an Italian surrounding off the beaten path with the unmistakable aroma of Italy then this is the place to be in Missouri. The menu changes constantly with new tastes and experiences being continuously introduced.
- Bruno's Italian Restaurant on Wealthy St.: Bruno, a master chef, creates some of the best concoctions inspired by Italian and Mediterranean cuisine. Try the Mahi Mahi or just grab an artisan pizza off the menu for a superb lunch.
- Gem of India on W Battlefield Rd: This is a great Indian restaurant. Try a set of Tandoori Delicacies. The Chicken Tikka and the Lamb Tikka are well seasoned and deliciously prepared--tender pieces of meat marinated in fresh yoghurt, herbs, spices and a secret rub.
- Nakato Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar on S Glenstone Ave: The food is undoubtedly authentic and deliciously prepared. Dining here is the best experience in Japanese cuisine, unlike some sushi places. The ingredients are tastefully fresher, with tremendous variety.
Things to do in Springfield, MO
Stepping out of your Springfield, MO temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Springfield, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Springfield, MO that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museums: The History Museum located on Park Central Square, presents an opportunity to learn about the surrounding area, its beginnings and its people. Even the celebrated Route 66 is chronicled here and displays facts and photos of the heydey of this major road that stretched across three quarters of the country.
- Performing Arts: In Springfield you will find a select few places that are as good as the Juanita K Hammons Hall for the Performing Arts on John Q Hammons Parkway. The local production company is rather adept in their performance s and put on a number of well choreographed shows throughout the year. You will find stars like Sally Struthers in Hello Dolly and Mannheim Steamroller in the Christmas Show. The rest of the year, you will have the Springfield Symphony on stage.
- Malls: The Battlefield Mall on South Glenstone Ave will provide you with most of the retail and services you can think off. The movie theaters as well as the eateries are comparable to any of the other larger stores in bigger cities.
- Golf: The Springfield Golf Course on East Valley Water Mill Road is a semi-private course, with a challenging 18-holes set in pristine foliage and natural features. The land was originally deeded by William Penn and was once occupied by Abraham Lincoln.
- Parks and Recreation: The City offers well maintained parks and centers for the public to enjoy. You can try Sequiota Park on S Lone Pine Ave or the Chesterfield Family Center on W Republic Rd. There is also the Jordan Valley Park that has facilities you can use.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Springfield area including Republic, Nixa, Ozark, Fair Grove, Ashgrove, Marshfield.
Request a Quote