Stockton CA Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Stockton, CA corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Stockton Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Stockton and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Stockton, CA for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Stockton was founded on an agricultural base, and slowly migrated to a diversified economy encompassing telecommunications and manufacturing. Its location between Los Angeles and Sacramento and proximity to I-5 make it a strategic fit for commuters to transact business between the two major cities. Real estate has been the crux of the new economy and, as a result of the 2007 property bubble burst, resulted in an disproportionately high number of foreclosures per capita. State and local government efforts in the wake of the collapse have seen the revitalization and turnaround of Stockton since then.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Stockton, CA furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. The climate in Stockton is classified as Mediterranean with warm summers and cooler winters, reaching a high of 93°F in July. Annual high temperatures vary between 53 and 93. December thru March sees cooler temperatures in the 50s and 60s. The cooler months see temperatures dipping as low as 37°F in December. January sees the most rain. So, be sure to dress appropriately and then enjoy an outdoor adventure out of your Stockton, CA corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Stockton, CA corporate housing need not subject you to being a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Stockton’s history by absorbing our brief historical summary provided below.This area was originally occupied by the Miwok and Yokut Indians who settled in this area because of the waterways coursing the valley. The water provided food and a means of transportation to these inhabitants. In 1848, an immigrant named Captain Charles Weber settled in the area and, with the aid of William Gulnae, secured a land grant for a plot along the San Joaquin River. That was the start of Stockton in 1849. His first permanent residence is now called Weber Point.As the Gold Rush heated up, Stockton, under Weber’s leadership, was positioned to facilitate hopeful speculators. The city evolved into being a River Port city with roads traversing from this hub to the mining villages in the surrounding area. It was eventually incorporated as a city, and the name was given in honor of Commodore Robert F. Stockton.
Places to Eat Near Stockton Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Stockton, CA furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Angelina's Spaghetti House on E Fremont St: The pasta comes in generous portions and everything here is designed to taste fresh and sprightly. The flavors are authentically Italian, and the preparation and presentation are authentic. The sauces are fresh and adequately flavored, while the service is impeccable.
- Big Fellows Sandwich Parlor on N Wilson Way: Designed as a family place, patrons find everything here in hearty and healthy portions. The staff is friendly and your food is prepared fairly quickly, with care and attention to quality. The restaurant is clean and so are the counters and tables.
- Alfalfas Pizza & Deli on E Weber Ave.: If you'd like to be momentarily transported to a flavor heaven, this is the place for you. The taste of a California pizza is a fabulous thing, and you will be treated to that here. They have the regular pizzas, and they have the house designs, both of which are superb.
- Boudin SF on Pacific Ave.: If you're not sure what to try, ask the friendly servers; they are experts in bread and all things baked. Dining here is a great experience. Try the Chowder Bowl and Sourdough Bread.
- Bottley's BBQ on Country Club Blvd.: The food here is as delicious. The ribs are imaginative and the flavor is authentic, with a twist of Midwest backyard pits. The favorites here are the roasted chicken and the ribs.
Things to do in Stockton
Stepping out of your Stockton, CA temporary housing should furnish you with a myriad of interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for paying visit to Stockton, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Stockton, CA that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Request a quote today.
- Museums: Within the Stockton city limits you will find the Haggin Museum on N Pershing Ave., an interesting museum with a diverse trail of exhibits. From space exploration to football and sports, from marine exhibits to equestrian cultures--the museum is constantly rotating their artifacts and themes.
- Performing Arts: The Bob Hope Theater is a great place to catch a show while you are in town. It is located on E Main St. There are shows and performances daily and the best way to figure it out is to check their online schedule. The theater was recently refurbished with new red velvet seating, state of the art sound and room for over 2,000 patrons.
- Shopping: You have three shopping options in Stockton. The first is the Weberstown Mall located on Pacific Ave. The other is the Sherwood Mall, also on Pacific Ave. Finally, there is the Stockton Open Air Mall on N Wilson Way. At Weberstown you will find stores like Dillard's, JCPenney, Barnes & Noble and Sears. There is a cinema on the property as well as a good selection of food and beverage outlets.
- Golf: Stockton has quite a few golf courses among which is the Van Buskirk Park Golf Course. The staff here is helpful and knowledgeable, and the pro shop is well stocked. The clubhouse has nice items on the menu. The greens and fairways are well maintained and deliver a pleasant experience each time.
- Parks and Recreation: The City of Stockton Parks and Recreation manages a number of parks around the city, including Oak Grove Regional Park on Eight Mile Rd, and Victory Park on N Pershing Ave. There is also the American Legion Park and Swenson Park that offers aquatic activities.
Request a Quote