Wausau WI Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect ChoiceThe climate here is fairly temperate in the warm months and is rather chilly in the fall and winter. Clothing here will be a little heavier than in the lower states. There is a lot of snowfall also, so be sure to pack boots and other snow gear into your Wausau furnished apartment.
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Wausau, WI corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Wausau Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
Almost Home Wausau corporate housing is a great short term housing option if you are either in Wausau on business, relocating to the area or would like to stay in a bedroom community of nearby Steven’s Point or Green Bay.
Here are a few bits of area information to better your understanding of Wausau. If you are from a big city, then the first time you set foot in this picturesque town you may be in for a little surprise. But it would only for a short while, because, unlike conventional wisdom, this small town does have a lot to offer.
Dining Options Near Your Wausau WI Furnished Apartment
In comparison to the larger cities in Wisconsin, Wausau is a fairly cozy city with residents numbering less than 40,000. However, the number of restaurants and conveniences in this humble little town may surprise you. Here are a few to get you started.
The tastes you will find in Wausau are fairly American in nature. The typical tastes of pizza, barbecue and pasta are easy to find, and so are the typical Asian dishes. So, while you will not find the array of eateries that exist in larger cities, you will still find plenty to choose from. Step out of your furnished apartment and try some out.
- Red Eye Brewing Co on Washington St.: There are two things you will enjoy when you dine here: beer and pizza. But there are other things on the menu as well: burgers, wraps, Paninis, and finger delights. Try the Red Eye Burger or the Cowboy Panini or the Bada Bing Wrap.
- 2510 Restaurant on Stewart Ave.: This is a bakery combined with a restaurant and deli. It's a great place for breakfast or lunch. Breakfast options include Breakfast Burritos, Corn Beef Hash, Cheese Omelets and Pancakes, among other eye openers. For lunch, the Battered Cheese Curd appetizer hard to pass up, as is the Baked French Onion Soup and the Chicken and Wild Rice Wrap.
- Polito's Pizza on 3rd St.: Polito’s is found among most of the major cities in Wisconsin. From Sausage to Pepperoni and even Philly Cheese Steak flavors, the pizzas here will totally satisfy. You can dine in or carry out.
- Chang Garden on Barbican Ave.: This typical Asian restaurant offers a mix of Chinese and Japanese favorites. They even have Hibachi dishes for dine-in only. You can get everything else on the menu is available for carry out. On the Japanese menu, the Nigiri and the Sahimi stand out. On the Chinese menu, you will find all the usual favorites from General Tao Chicken to Cashew Shrimp, all well prepared and zestfully seasoned.
- Angelo's on W. 6th St.: If what you are looking for is a simple dinner or a pizza to watch the game, this is your best bet. They even offer an unbaked pizza for you to throw in your oven at your Wausau corporate apartment. They have good garlic bread, as well as Battered Mushroom and Cheese Curds. The Chicken Alfredo Pizza is a refreshing change as is the Villa Deluxe.
Things to do in Wausau, WI
Wausau corporate housing will not likely be near much high-society entertainment. Don't expect there to be too much to do in terms of entertainment. However, with a lowered expectations, you may find that this small town has a few things to fill your down time. It even has a grand opera theater that has some pretty good acts that come into town. The beauty of this town is felt mainly in its outdoors and amongst its people. So, take time to hang out in places like parks and museums, and some of the other places here, where you may make some lasting friendships.
The food here is better than what you would expect; the people are friendly and accommodating; and the town is pleasant.Whatever your reason for visiting Wausau, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Wausau, WI that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum on N. 12th St.: The exhibitions here are constantly rotating, so you can keep coming back over the course of time and find new exhibits. That makes it pretty interesting as the art pieces come from all over the globe. They also cater some exhibitions to budding artists and kids with relevant programs but they are open to all. As a place to head to on a weekend, it is a great place to enjoy the various elements of culture.
- Trapp River Golf Course on WW Hwy.: This is an 18-hole public course located a few minutes north of downtown Wausau. The course is well kept, with neatly cut fairways. There is also a driving range and a pro shop near the clubhouse, where you can get whatever you need. The course was designed by Farmer Sloan in 1962. Aside from Trapp River there is the Rib Mountain Golf Course, a 9-hole course, and an American Legion, which is a semi-private course locate on Glof Club Rd.
- Wausau Center on 3rd and Washington: This is the largest mall in Wausau with the usual stores one would usually find in a typical shopping mall like JCPenney, Younkers, Sears, Bath & Body Works, and other stores.
- Grand Theater on 4th St.: The Grand Theater features an array or national and international shows that come in on tour.
- Wausau Parks and Recreation: The Marathon County Parks and recreation facilities are very well maintained. Check out their website for the closest park and recreation center from your Wausau temporary housing.
Request a Quote