No matter how friendly the support staff, or how comfortable the furniture package, you still may experience some homesickness while staying in corporate housing. Here are a few tips to help you personalize and take ownership over your space:
- Maintain important routines. If you maintain the same routines that you maintain at home, such as cooking a favorite meal or going for a run in the morning, your apartment will feel more like home.
- Bring along some of your favorite books, a favorite lamp shade, etc. Adding small homey touches to the space that aren’t too disruptive to install will help you take ownership over your corporate apartment.
- Rearrange the furniture. You’ll need to exercise caution if you want to take this on, as a ding in the wall or a rip in the upholstery may cause you to lose your security deposit.
- Unpack your suitcase. Although a shorter stay may tempt you to leave your belongings in a duffel, placing them in dresser drawers will make you feel more at home.
- Buy some plants. Many apartment set-ups include a fake plant or two, but adding live ones will help green up the space.
- Hang photographs of friends and family. There’s nothing more comforting than seeing a familiar face in a strange new environment.
- Bring along a pet. Although many properties will require a pet deposit, bringing a pet along can be worth the initial investment.
- Take care of your apartment like you would your home. This goes beyond cleanliness. Please notify Almost Home USA immediately of any maintenance requests.
At Almost Home USA, we’re here to make sure that your stay is comfortable and pleasant. We know that they way you inhabit your space will not only affect your job performance, but more importantly, it impacts the quality of your life. That’s why we strive to make your corporate housing experience as much like home as possible.