Fond du Lac WI Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Fond du Lac, WI corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Fond du Lac Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Fond du Lac and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Fond du Lac, WI for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Fond du Lac relies on a number of businesses to keep its population employed and provide secondary business opportunity for retail providers. There are two different corporate structures in Fond du Lac. The first is labor intensive without manufacturing, which are traditional businesses like call centers and insurance, both of which are represented here.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Fond du Lac, WI furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Fond du Lac experiences a comfortable spring with temperatures between 40°F in March to 66° in May. Summers are characterized by temperatures reaching 80° in July. Fall averages 57° in October and cools down to lows of 28° in November. Winter stretches from November to early February. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Fond du Lac, WI corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Fond du Lac, WI corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Fond du Lac’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.The entire area that includes and surrounds Fond du Lac was originally inhabited by a few different tribes including the Potawatomi, and the Kickapoo. However the majority among the local tribes were the Winnebago.French fur traders first arrived in 1787 and soon established a trading post near the river. They were responsible for naming the post "furthest from the lake" in French - Fond du Lac. It wasn't until November of 1835 when James Duane Doty and Joshua Hathaway together with a group of prominent residents in the Green Bay area set up a company with the intention of buying up land in the vicinity of Lake Winnebago. They drew up the necessary papers and in 1836 purchased 3,270 acres of land that today lies within the city limits of Fond du Lac. The company was drawn up with 300 shares and each share was sold for $100. Doty purchased 46 shares. By August the same year the city was platted.The new town in the late 19th century was heavily driven by the logging industry which used the lake as a method of transport for felled timber coming to the mills and barges transporting processed timber to the rest of the area.
Places to Eat Near Fond du Lac Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Fond du Lac, WI furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Trinity on E Division St: Trinity is a great hangout bar that offers typical American bites and meals for those here to have a good time. There is a live band on weekend nights and loud music on other nights. The full bar serves up a long list of beers and the kitchen is famous for its wood fired pizza. Trinity is set up in an old Catholic Church that still has stained glass windows and has a very comfortable atmosphere.
- Ang and Eddie's on 14th St.: Ang and Eddie's is an uncharacteristic pizza place that is on the expensive side. It's a great place to hang out with friends and complement the pizzas with drinks from the bar. It is also a great place to bring the family. Parking can be difficult during peak times. They are closed from Sundays to Tuesdays and open till 8pm on other days.
- Fuji Yummy on N Peters Ave: This is a Japanese steakhouse that offers some tasty Japanese steaks and grilled meats. It's a good place to take a group of people for a celebration. The ambience here is casual and the prices are fair. Portions are regular and service is prompt.
- Trepanier's Backyard Grill & Bar on E Johnson St: Trepanier's is a casual place that serves robust sandwiches. Prices are fare and the sandwiches are stacked, making this place a good value-for-money. Regulars here favor the blackened chicken sandwich that comes with a salad and wraps on the sides. Try the Almond Crusted Walleye with Hazelnut Beurre.
- Coliseum on S Main St: The coliseum is a typical sports bar that offers a full bar, happy hour and finger food alongside a full menu. There is always music playing in the background and the TV is always on, featuring a sports channel. Its a great place to catch the game as the energy here on game nights is electric. The Philly Cheese Steak here is one of the favorites.
Things to do in Fond du Lac
Stepping out of your Fond du Lac, WI temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Fond du Lac, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Fond du Lac, WI that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: The Galloway House on Old Pioneer Rd is a living village setting that depicts the pioneer days of the area. It is a great way to come into contact with the history of the area and more importantly with the history of Fond du Lac.
- Theater: The Fond du Lac Concert Association is a volunteer group that is dedicated to bringing cultural and entertaining performances from the local and regional area to the city. Here you will find performances from big brass bands to symphonies and blue grass, just as you would find country and solo acts. There is a membership option if you plan on staying here long.
- Golf:Whispering Springs is an 18-hole Bob Lohman course built in 1996. The course presents a mix of challenge and relaxation as it traces its links through mature trees and elegantly manicured fairways and greens.
- Parks: Taylor Park is a community park that offers an active swimming facility and basketball courts available all year round. There are also tennis courts and a picnic area as well as a playground. The park is located on Emma Street.
Request a Quote