Harrisburg Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Harrisburg, PA corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Harrisburg, PA Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Harrisburg and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Harrisburg, PA corporate housing residents in town on business might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Harrisburg's economy is driven by the Federal and State governments as well as presence of heavy industry. Pennsylvania's administration is conducted here, the State's capital, and the federal Government has a number of agencies located here as well as some military installations. Aside from bringing in direct revenue into the city with this installation, the personnel posted and based here generate demand for services and goods that are fulfilled by the local population.The manufacturing sector consists of companies like Volvo Heavy Industries and Arcelor Mittal Steel, on the heavy industry side, to Hershey Foods representing the consumer goods manufacturing here. Aside from these, companies like IBM, HP and Tyco Electronics also have facilities here. Wal-Mart and Giant Food Stores have operations here and represent two of the top ten employers in the city.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Harrisburg, PA furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Harrisburg enjoys four-seasons. Spring is mild with temperatures ranging from lows of 33°F in March to highs of 62° in April. Summers are warm and humid, reaching a high of 85° in July, while the fall cools down to 75° in September to lows of 35° in November. Winter stretches from December to March, with the coldest of 22° occurring in January. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Harrisburg, PA corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Harrisburg, PA corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Harrisburg’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.Harrisburg's location along the Susquehanna River has been identified to have supported inhabitants from as far back as 3000 B.C. The River was called the Paxtang by the old Indian traders that travelled between the Delaware, Potomac and Ohio Rivers. John Harris Sr settled here in 1719 and secured over 800 acres of land. 65 years later, John Harris Jr. drew up plans to convert his father's land into a town. The town was surveyed by his son-in-law, William Maclay and formally incorporated in 1791. It became the Pennsylvania State capital in October of 1812.Harrisburg played an important role in the American Civil War. It was the main training center of the Union Army, located at Camp Curtin. The rail lines that passed through Harrisburg played a critical role in the Union's logistics between the Atlantic Coast and the Midwest. It was also a major target for General Robert E Lee's Northern Virginia Army. It was attacked twice in the course of the war. The first time in 1862, when his advances were halted during the battle of Antietam. The second attempt was made during the Gettysburg Campaign. General Lee placed more emphasis on this campaign. It too didn't materialize in General Lee's favor.
Places to Eat Near Harrisburg Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Harrisburg, PA furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Bricco on S 3rd St: Bricco is popular for their Dollar Oysters during the week. The food, besides the oysters, is also well portioned and appetizing in presentation as well as taste. The service staff is friendly and accommodating. Diners can sit at a table or at the bar. You can make reservations accordingly. For weekend visits, it is best to call ahead. The place does get crowded.
- The Fire House Restaurant on N 2nd St: The Firehouse is open all year round, but the best times are in the summer, when the outdoor dining is open and the barbecue is set up. They serve traditional firehouse chili here that is spiced adequately, and one of the favorites among frequent diners.
- Appalachian Brewing Company on N Cameron St: The ABC, as its known to the locals, is a fun place built around good beer and delicious food. The local brews are done on-location with the brewing equipment visible behind the bar. It's also famous, locally, as a place to meet new people. As far as brews go, the Water Gap Wheat is popular here.
- Herby's El Mexicano Restaurant on Main St: Herby's owner is someone who is very involved with the day to day operations. If there is ever a need, he's out to take care of things and get the customer happy. The food is well prepared and comes in generous portions. The family atmosphere is felt by everyone who visits. The food is made fresh with choice ingredients and the flavors are pleasing.
- Gingerbread Man Downtown on Market St: Gingerbread Man offers decent food and interesting cocktails. There are a number of beers that are imported and a number of beers from smaller breweries. There are plenty of pool tables and getting one on a weeknight is not usually a problem. Service staff is friendly at the tables and at the bar. There is a band playing on the weekend most of time in the year.
Things to do in Harrisburg
Stepping out of your Harrisburg, PA temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Harrisburg, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a Harrisburg, PA furnished apartment that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: The National Civil War Museum is located in Harrisburg, on Concert Drive. Iti s an exceptional journey though the annals of civil war. There are numerous artifacts and documents that together exceed 24,ooo items all telling how the most devastating battle on American soil was fought.
- Theater: The Harrisburg Theater puts a number of performances every year, usually corresponding to the seasons. The theater presents various genres from plays to musicals and symphonies.
- Shopping: The Harrisburg Mall on Paxton Street has a number of stores and eateries that make shopping and entertainment convenient. The mall is anchored by Macy's, Toys R Us, Bass Pro Shop and has Regal Cinemas and other eateries like Applebee's.
- Golf:The Dauphine Highlands located on S Harrisburg St is a championship course that opened in 1995. It is a public par 72 course that was designed to progressively increase in the level of challenge as you play the from to back nine.
- Parks: Wildwood Park on Wildwood Way is a nature park that houses its own ecosystem of animals, wildlife, forest and streams which you can witness as you stroll through the park.
Request a Quote