Philadelphia Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Philadelphia, PA corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Philadelphia Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Philadelphia and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Philadelphia, PA for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Although not the state capital, Philadelphia is the largest city in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. It is also ranked fourth in United States, in terms of Gross Domestic Product, generating over $350 billion annually. If compared to the rest of the world, Philly is ninth among top producing cities. In terms of its Gross Metropolitan Product, Philly stands at $347 billion, making it the seventh-largest metropolitan economy in USA.Philadelphia bases its economy on food processing, financial services, oil refining, manufacturing, information technology, healthcare and biotechnology. It also has one of the largest health education and research facilities in country.Tourism is also a major economic driver with almost 2 million visitors descending upon Philadelphia annually to visit the Liberty Bell. It is also home to the Philadelphia Stock Exchange and a main driver of corporate business in Pennsylvania, evidenced by the numerous Fortune 500 companies located here, including Wyeth, GlaxoSmithKline, Rohm and Haas Company, FMC Corporation, Colonial Penn, Cigna, Lincoln Financial Group, Aramark, Crown Holdings Incorporated, Comcast, Sunoco, Pep Boys and Boeing Rotorcraft Systems.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Philadelphia, PA furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Philadelphia is classified as being a subtropical climate. Its January temperatures averages at 33ºF. Its mild spring stretches between 40°F in April to 57° in May. Summers warm up a little but do not get excessively hot. Fall temperatures average 54° in October and then continue to cool down to lows of 32° in January. Winter stretches from November to early February. Precipitation is fairly consistent throughout the year. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Philadelphia, PA corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Philadelphia, PA corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Philadelphia’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.The area that eventually became Philadelphia, originally established along the Delaware River, was inhabited by the Lenape Indians. The Dutch eventually built Fort Nassau, located between the Schuylkill River and the Delaware in the 1600s, taking the entire Delaware valley to be what they would call New Netherlands. Several construction efforts followed the Fort, creating a strong Dutch presence in Philadelphia, including Fort Beversrede, constructed south of Schuylkill to assert their dominance over the area.The ensuing conflicting claims over the area in 1655 resulted in a Dutch military campaign laying siege to the Swedish colony. The troops were headed by General Peter Stuyvesant. At the end of the siege, the inhabitants (Swedes and Finns) maintained practice of their own religion and legal control independently from the Dutch. Even when the New Netherlands Colony was controlled by Dutch, it didn’t alter the autonomy of other.Philadelphia is also the cornerstone of the American Independence struggle. It was also a jewel in the British crown, being one of the largest British colonies, second in size and economic status to London itself at the time.
Places to Eat Near Philadelphia Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Philadelphia, PA furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Zahav on St James Pl: Zahav is a chic restaurant, with elegant and trendy décor. They serve some of the best in class Middle Eastern food. Menus are on the high side. Try their Salatim and Hummus or taster’s menu recommended by the chef. They have full bar where you will find an assortment of wine and cocktails.
- Buddakan on Chestnut St: This is a posh restaurant with trendy and luxurious settings. They offer a Chinese and Asian menu and a broad range of sophisticated wines and imported beers. Ambiance is formal and dressy. Buddakan is best for dinners.
- Vedge on Locust St: Vedge is an upscale and elegant restaurant for vegetarians. They offer inventive but delicious food in a romantic and classy setting. The wine list is exhaustive along with a wide array of cocktails, beers and other alcoholic drinks. Try Olives & Broccoli and Toffee Pudding. Vedge is closed on Sundays.
- Vetri on Spruce St: It is an expensive Italian restaurant. Fresh food in an intimate surrounding makes this place popular among Philadelphians. They do not offer delivery or take out services. Street parking is available. It is perfect for social gathering or family dinners.
- Friday Saturday Sunday on S 21st St: It is a pricey restaurant where they offer traditional American food. They are open seven days a week from 5:30 PM to 10:00 PM. Online reservations are available; otherwise reservations can be done over the phone. Try the Mushroom Soup and Banana Bread Pudding.
Things to do in Philadelphia
Stepping out of your Philadelphia, PA temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Philadelphia, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Philadelphia, PA that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: The Mutter Museum is located in the College of Physicians of Philadelphia. This place has a good collection of medical artifacts and oddities. The building architecture and surroundings are beautiful. Parking is convenient and bus service is regular.
- Theater: Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts is located in Rittenhouse Squares. This place consists of a huge atrium and a grand stage, along with superior seating arrangements. Garage parking is available. They organize musicals and concerts for most of the year.
- Park: The Rittenhouse Square Park is located in Rittenhouse Square. This place is surrounded by shops and restaurants. This park is busy on weekends due to the local farmers market in summers. It is a favorite spot for street dances. People come here for morning or evening walk. Families come here for small outdoor parties or picnics.
Request a Quote
Six Areas to Consider for Corporate Housing in Philadelphia
- Chestnut Hill: Chestnut Hill has a suburban feel, even though it is within the city of Philadelphia. It has art galleries, restaurants and antique shops, all located along cobblestone streets. Many middle class families own small homes here, and there are many cultural events year-round to keep them busy. If you are have a family and are looking for a safe neighborhood within a comfortable distance from work, you should be looking for Chestnut Hill corporate housing.
- University City: One of the things that Philadelphia is known for is the plethora of public and private universities that are located here. Two of the city's most famous universities, Drexel and the University of Pennsylvania, are located in University City. University City is located in West Philly closest to the river, and is full of old houses and ethnically diverse restaurants. Adding to the diversity of the neighborhood is the fact that the two universities draw students from all over the world to study with them, and as a result the area has a highly intellectual and worldly feel. Some of the best medical centers in the country are located here as well. If you're coming to Philadelphia to study or work at one of the major universities you will want to live in a Philadelphia furnished apartment near University City.
- Center City: Center City is currently the third most populous downtown after New York City and Chicago. The area has seen a kind of renaissance in the past twenty years, and today there are plenty of bars, restaurants, and nightclubs to keep you entertained. For the corporate traveler who likes to live in the midst of the action, there is Philadelphia corporate housing in Center City.
- City Avenue: City Avenue, located between Center City and King of Prussia, has over 1,000 hotel rooms and 2.6 million square feet of office space. Although you might be tempted to stay in a hotel for your 30 day temporary assignment, remember that City Avenue corporate housing comes with a fully equipped kitchen so you can save money on eating out.
- Art Museum/Fairmount: This is a sophisticated, middle-class neighborhood near the art museum and city hall. The art museum offers plenty of special events in the summertime and along the parkway. If you are looking for corporate housing within walking distance of highly cultural events, then you'll want to live in Art Museum/Fairmount corporate housing.
- Rittenhouse Square: Rittenhouse Square is a peaceful, tree-filled park surrounded by luxury apartments, popular restaurants and a five-star hotel. It's a popular place for those working in the Center City neighborhood to lunch. Rittenhouse Square furnished apartments are one of the most popular corporate housing options in the city.