Hartford CT Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Hartford, CT corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Hartford Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Hartford and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Hartford, CT for business might appreciate some Hartford is traditionally recognized as the insurance capital of the world. Insurers and Re-insurers such as Travelers, Aetna and Hartford are still some of the major corporations that are based here. In recent years, the insurance industry has, however, begun to gravitate out of the city and in its place, more manufacturing and health services are beginning to come in. The Hartford economy has always been robust in comparison with the rest of the country. It has traditionally maintained the highest Gross Metropolitan Product per capita compared to any other major city across the nation.Hartford is transforming into a center for medicine and research. The Hartford Hospital and the Children's Hospital are two of the medical facilities that dominate the industry in the city. In the wake of the last recession, housing prices have trended lower. As the national economy began its upward trend, so to have the property prices in Hartford.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Hartford, CT furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Hartford faces a humid continental climate, tempered by the coast. Spring is mild with temperatures ranging from lows of 40°F in April to highs of 66° in May. Summers are warm and humid, reaching a high of 82° in July, while fall tapers off to highs of 72° in September and lows of 38° in November. Winter stretches from December to March. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Hartford, CT corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Hartford, CT corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Hartford’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.The first English settlers arrived in 1635, after the Dutch fur traders abandoned the area. The area was originally named the Fort of Goede Hoop, then changed, when the English arrived, to Newtown. It wasn't named Hartford until 1637 in honor of the town of Hertford in Hertferdshire, England.Hartford was the original town where the Fundamental Orders of Connecticut was instituted. This was a ground breaking concept at the time where the people were given the authority to govern themselves instead vesting that control in a higher monarchy or ruler. The concept was later the inspiration for the Connecticut Constitution and later, the US Constitution. This is one of the reasons, Connecticut is nicknamed, the Constitution State.In the 1950s, a new model of city-suburb relationship began to take hold. Residents were slowly moving out of the city and into suburbs surrounding the city. That trend has continued till present day, but to a slower degree. In Hartford, the completion of two major, intersecting Interstate Highways expedited the exodus. The ease of commuting into the city made it possible for people to move further away from the downtown area and thereby expanding the city's foot print.
Places to Eat Near Hartford Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Hartford, CT furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Firebox Restaurant on Broad St: The food is prepared well using fresh and good quality ingredients/ The recent change in the menu has not changed the traditional feel to the taste. The wait staff are meticulously trained and the wait times are short. The favorite dessert on the menu is the S'mores and Apple Cobbler.
- Trumbull Kitchen on Trumbull St: The favorite here is the Shrimp and Potato Fritters as well as the Filet mignon appetizer. The food is deliciously prepared and well presented. Environment is appetizing and staff are friendly.
- Max Downtown on Farmington Ave: Max delivers and appetizing ambiance that is characterized by well designed decor and lighting that is aimed to calm. The waiters follow through with that setting and are efficiently quick at going about their business. The portions are satisfying and the drinks from the bar are well mixed.
- George's Pizza Restaurant on Park St: George's serves well flavored pizzas using fresh ingredients, cheeses and herbs. The sauces are made from scratch in the restaurant and the toppings are deliciously combined. The service is fast and efficient and the restaurant is clean. It's suitable for family dining and the also serve pizzas by the slice.
- Vito's By the Park on Trumbull St: Vito's regular customers are here mostly at lunch time. They serve delicious Italian mainstays, and excel at the designer pizzas. For instance, the Chicken Pesto Pizza is a favorite here and its made fresh when you order. Happy Hour in the later evening is also a favorite time for the locals. The drinks are delicious and go well with the bites like wings and calamari.
Things to do in Hartford
Stepping out of your Hartford, CT temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Hartford, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Hartford, CT that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: The Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art is the oldest public art museum in the US. There are nearly 50,000 works of art in their collection spanning Greek, Roman and European antiquities and decorative pieces. There are some famous baroque era pieces and surrealist pieces on display.
- Theater: The Hartford Stage on Church Street is an interactive performing arts community that does a lot more than just stage performances, which off course they do well. The Hartford Stage also has classes and events that celebrate the arts. On stage, throughout the year they feature performances like Shakespeare's Macbeth, during Christmas, they have something like the Christmas Carol and other times they have plays like A Song at Twilight.
- Shopping: The Charter Oak Marketplace on Flatbush Avenue sits on 300,000 square feet of shopping area. Half of that area is taken up by Walmart. The other half here is occupied by stores like Marshall's, Payless, and Radio Shack among others. The also have some fast food outlets like Taco Bell and Mcdonald's.
- Golf: The Keney Park Golf Course is an 18-hole course set at the edge of a wooded area. The course was designed by Devereux Emmet and Alfred Tull, and opened in 1927. The Back nine plays 3034 yards off the back tee for a par 35, while the front nine pars 35 over 2980 yards. The forward tee totals 4967 yards for all 18 holes
- Parks: Bushnell Park is an arboretum displaying rare as well as native trees. The park's designer and namesake, the Reverend Horace Bushnell designed this park and intentionally wanted to vary the species within the park. Due to neglect and old age some trees were lost, but the late Reverend's foundation undertook the replanting of 400 new trees of various species to invigorate the park's surrounding
Request a Quote